What are you backing Today? Part 2

Venetia was fairly dismissive of [Funambule Sivola] in an interview with Chapmab today.

At least the market has gone a fair way to correcting itself. In to 9/1 tops.

I've no idea what she said but doesn't she always play down their chances?

Edit - I do agree Boothill is the right favourite and most likely winner. I've also backed Aucunrisque (6/1 taken) and used Boothill (3/1) for cover. They dutch at marginally odds against but I haven't gone down the pure dutching route. I've got a relatively decent ew on FS, a smallish win only on A and enough on Bh to get my money back.

Last edited:
Boothill isn't a bad price now but I think Saint Segal has reversal claims with a more judicious ride likely (a lot of pace in this). I see the Skelton as the main danger now he's likely to be off.

I took 7s about Strong Leader in the Coral Hurdle earlier the week and he's much shorter now. Theatre Glory is priced up on trainer identity and I fear Goshen the most.

I see Minella Drama shortening at Ascot, interesting that.

The three races I want to have a small bet in are..

Malystic and Furnivola Sivola (Malystic an insulting price based on his best form plus I think Ascot might suit him, and following DO with Venetia's).

Bold Endeavour (loyalty more than anything, never runs a bad race this horse) and Emitom, (a horse I know about, well I am sure everyone does by now).

Think Blueking D'Oroux will run well at Ascot.. Though can see that Euros pick has a strong chance aswell.

Doing each way patents to cover the possibilities above.

Good luck all today.

Last edited:
Just goes to show they're only human...

Minella Drama never asked a serious question through the race. Was that why Hughes didn't ride?

Is Cobden chasing the jockeys' title? Is that why he's at Ascot, for more winners?

More questions than answers so far today.

Just goes to show they're only human...

Minella Drama never asked a serious question through the race. Was that why Hughes didn't ride?

Is Cobden chasing the jockeys' title? Is that why he's at Ascot, for more winners?

Cobden is at Ascot as some form of punishment from Pumpkinhead.

More questions than answers so far today.

Yeah, I know that's the line being put out there, Luke.

I just wondered if it was a cover of some sort. You know what I'm like with conspiracy theories!

Speaking of which... I mentioned a couple of years back that when the ITV7 offers double the money for a certain horse winning they tend to lose. So I'm half-expecting BMG to underperform. :lol:

Wouldn't have Funambule Sivola on my mind either.

Boothill looked like he's improves a stone at Kempton.

he looks the right fave and should take care of this lot easily if in the same frame of mind.

Boothill 11/4 looks a gift

Probably a bit fortunate as I doubt he was going to get to Saint Segal but well done. Something back for me too meaning my day hasn’t been quite the train wreck it was looking like. Bad enough though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably?

Saint Segal had that won. This is very hard at the moment, with JPR One falling and this today plus Strong Leader. And all the while I'm getting mug punters in the shop betting the Johnny de la Hey basically because Pumpkin trains him.

Probably?

Saint Segal had that won. This is very hard at the moment, with JPR One falling and this today plus Strong Leader. And all the while I'm getting mug punters in the shop betting the Johnny de la Hey basically because Pumpkin trains him.

Yes, I’m getting fed up with the last fence - your two and Hurler on the Ditch before that - every time I’ve started counting the money and never learn:nono:

I'll need to see the final stages again but I'm not convinced SS would have held on. There has to be the chance he fell because he was starting to tire.

I think time will tell he is a good horse, Euro.

I thought he might have been beat but he battled really well. He also had the other horse fall directly in his direction 2 hurdles out.

If you rated Strong Leader before today then you should start rating Blueking. That's one way of looking at it.

Last edited:
Had just got in the lead and was moving away, I thought.

I don't think so, BJ.

Saint Segal came through to hit the front after two out but his jockey was more active between the last two than Boothill's. They took off in sync at the last and I thought Boothill landed running. He was pulling away from Triple Trade from the last and appeared to respond to sensing Frere D'Armes closing in the final 50. Given how strongly Boothill finished last time, I would have been hopeful he'd have rallied past SS but I wouldn't be categorical about it.

If you rated Strong Leader before today then you should start rating Blueking. That's one way of looking at it.

He seemed the bet with Goshen somehow less than 2/1 ante-post. Blueking is likely decent but I didn't see much mileage with the price, same with Theatre Glory. Both the last two were priced up on trainer identity largely.

Last edited:
I don't think so, BJ.

Saint Segal came through to hit the front after two out but his jockey was more active between the last two than Boothill's. They took off in sync at the last and I thought Boothill landed running. He was pulling away from Triple Trade from the last and appeared to respond to sensing Frere D'Armes closing in the final 50. Given how strongly Boothill finished last time, I would have been hopeful he'd have rallied past SS but I wouldn't be categorical about it.

Ok, probably my money talking :D

He seemed the bet with Goshen somehow less than 2/1 ante-post. Blueking is likely decent but I didn't see much mileage with the price, same with Theatre Glory. Both the last two were priced up on trainer identity largely.

I thought 4s was fair enough in what was only a five runner race.

NDB walked past me at the end of the day and I heard him say to someone on phone 'Shish had been in strop all day'. Don't think it helped that he was away from the others just before they started to trot in and I know he had caught them up, but could almost see that happening. Also interesting that they had saddle off before he came down the horsewalk.

Some very nice horses in the bumper, the winner Regent's Stroll very nice and looked more the finished article already; Tradecraft very, very nice; Wellington Arch very nice but I think would be better next year; second pick of the paddock after the winner was actually Minella Miracle and with a more measured ride may have been nearer than he was.

I'll need to see the final stages again but I'm not convinced SS would have held on. There has to be the chance he fell because he was starting to tire.

Just watched it (proper for the first time really) and there's no way Boothill wins that if SS stays upright. They jumped the second last with SS half a length up, SS then put a length into Boothill between fences. Boothill was emptying towards the end and the Skelton wasn't that far from catching him.

Back