What are you backing Today? Part 2

I reckon Honeysuckle is very opposable today.

She rather scrambled home in this last year, and I’m far from convinced this is her trip. I also think she’s more likely to be brought to the boil properly for the G1 in Leopardstown, and whilst I’ve no doubt she’ll be trying to win today, I can’t see them throwing the kitchen sink at her.

Based on last year’s run, Ronald Pump makes some each-way appeal at around 20’s, in the first-time blinkers.

Nice 1 Grassy.......I noted Davy Russell accepted defeat probably last Wednesday and rode a nice race into 3rd...gotta be one for the notebook next time up if he avoids her.

Whats the plan with Abac?

No way was that a trier there.

As Hawkwind says he seems to be beaten much the same distance by her every time.

Davey had a choice from flag fall ride him out the back for a place or be competitive all the way and weaken in the closing stages and if your lucky hang on to a place

The problem with the latter is you most like will set yourself back for most of the season. As Nicky Henderson was trying to point out re Shishkin.

No doubt Abracadabras will be better for the run and will win some race at around evens which will make it 6 victories out of 7 at that price.

350,000 in winnings so far and counting :)

Hong Kong [Wednesday]

2.50-Special M

Each Way @ 12-1 [William Hill] 4 places

Big price for a horse ridden by Moreira

Tartlette 5.30K Lay too far out of his ground in a sprint finish, latest.
Strong pace & the Doyler up;should see better today.
8/1 general.

Friday Sandown 2.25 - Lossiemouth 5/1 - arguably should be favourite and possibly shorter than 2/1 (Brave Kingdom is 11/10f) so the price strikes me as a bit of a steal. Only five runners so two paces and I imagine the each-way would appeal to professionals but I'm happy to back the win and maybe take a profit when the price corrects itself.

4.15 Newcastle-Let Her Loose

Each Way @ 8-1 [Bet 365] 7 places 1/4

First run for a while but she is unexposed on the all weather

Friday Sandown 2.25 - Lossiemouth 5/1 - arguably should be favourite and possibly shorter than 2/1 (Brave Kingdom is 11/10f) so the price strikes me as a bit of a steal. Only five runners so two paces and I imagine the each-way would appeal to professionals but I'm happy to back the win and maybe take a profit when the price corrects itself.

Out to 13/2 now, which is totally against my expectations so a bit of a worry but I've gone in again.

I thought Fair Frontieres would be a much better price but suck is life. I reckon he can get the better of the odds on fav in the next at Sandown

Out to 13/2 now, which is totally against my expectations so a bit of a worry but I've gone in again.

I actually went in again this morning at 11/2 as well so it amounts to a right big win.

Cheers, guys.

Well done DO. Monster shout.

This weekend i like a few.

Imperial Aura at Aintree. Got 5s when decs came out, doubt about him staying but the same could be said of Protektorat and he's a lot shorter.

Conflated at Navan. Long time tracker horse still think he's well handicapped.

Third Time Lucki at Sandown. Price thing, he shouldn't be 2/1.

Sunday I've done Fakir in the JD.

My strongest fancy for tomorrow is Metier (7/2) in the last at Sandown. Hard to believe this gets to run in a handicap off just 144. I noticed it was 9/2 this afternoon and 4/1 earlier this evening and was going to hold off till the morning but it's shortened again. The Tolworth form hasn't worked out well but he was only 11/2 second favourite to Appreciate It in the Supreme and clearly didn't run his race with the stable out of form at the time. He looked all over a 150+ animal in the Tolworth and likely to develop into a 160-ish in his second-season hence my keenness on him off this mark.

My strongest fancy for tomorrow is Metier (7/2) in the last at Sandown. Hard to believe this gets to run in a handicap off just 144. I noticed it was 9/2 this afternoon and 4/1 earlier this evening and was going to hold off till the morning but it's shortened again. The Tolworth form hasn't worked out well but he was only 11/2 second favourite to Appreciate It in the Supreme and clearly didn't run his race with the stable out of form at the time. He looked all over a 150+ animal in the Tolworth and likely to develop into a 160-ish in his second-season hence my keenness on him off this mark.

My worry for him is his mark. Not sure they’d blow it tomorrow if there’s nicer pots down the line with it?

Ive got Benson for this race where I think he’ll be a genuine trier after a run out a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, Benson is the danger for me too.

After I struck my bet earlier this evening I checked the riding stats and started to wonder whether tomorrow will be the day for Metier. It's almost certainly a serious target for Benson while Metier could be chucked in for the Schweppes if that's the real target.

Still, I'm committed now and the move for Metier through today has me very hopeful.

Yes, Benson is the danger for me too.

After I struck my bet earlier this evening I checked the riding stats and started to wonder whether tomorrow will be the day for Metier. It's almost certainly a serious target for Benson while Metier could be chucked in for the Schweppes if that's the real target.

Still, I'm committed now and the move for Metier through today has me very hopeful.

I’m on Benson, but if it does lose I hope its to yours. Mustn’t lie, it has really tickled me for some reason seeing Elegant Escape in this. Could be off the bridle going to the first ��

Back