What are you backing Today? Part 2

700pm dundalk friday.

I think PINBALL WIZARD who,I hear you say,steps up to it's best distance of 6f got detached last week over 5f but at the line was only about 3l down.
It doesnt usually go to plan when I'm confident but 16s 5 places with sky has got me excited.fingers crossed.

700pm dundalk friday.

I think PINBALL WIZARD who,I hear you say,steps up to it's best distance of 6f got detached last week over 5f but at the line was only about 3l down.
It doesnt usually go to plan when I'm confident but 16s 5 places with sky has got me excited.fingers crossed.

There has to be a twist..........:confused: :)lol:)

A yankee at Cheltenham for me.

Hartur D'oudairies, Broomfield Burg, Fontaine Collonges, Diesel D'Allier

55pts staked

and 50pts @2.64 J'Ai Froid 3 places 12.40pm

Apprently something was bothering Broomfield Burg who wasn't 100% last time. This looks an easier race and he is something well worth betting on...*** bet for me today

A stone and 4lbs just too much weight to be giving away :(

Last edited:
Moving on to tomorrow, I've gone in quite heavily on Torpillo at 10/1 in the 1.15 at Cheltenham. [SUB]This might be a decent little race. I wasn’t sure where I was going with the race until I checked back through Torpillo's form and can’t see why I shouldn’t back it. I presume its three disappointing runs when last seen were down to a problem since they’ve been followed by a long-term absence. In its final win it beat the 144-rated Mister Fisher going away after jumping well. The 145-rated Lisp was back in third and they were nearly twenty lengths clear of a 131 horse so the form looks credible. The handicapper looks to have been very kind in allowing him to return off 138. There's always a doubt about them after a long break but sometimes first time up the time to catch them and connections love winners here.

[/SUB]

Also tomorrow, I've taken 12/1 Heaven Help us in the International Hurdle. Hills and Betfred are going three places and on my ratings she should be right in the mix if she runs her race.

I'll probably also take the double with Torpillo.

Also tomorrow, I've taken 12/1 Heaven Help us in the International Hurdle. Hills and Betfred are going three places and on my ratings she should be right in the mix if she runs her race.

I'll probably also take the double with Torpillo.
I've done Heaven help us as well D. Took 14s yesterday.

700pm dundalk friday.

8th..a bit disappointed.it was interesting to hear Fran Berry say he would be of interest next time if the blinkers are back soon.

Hereford 1.22 Kapga da Lily is the main bet for me today - took 9/4 yesterday - 15/8 now
Won the race last year, dour Venetia stayer, allowed take her chance here with 12-8. Opposition uninspiring.

Can’t work up a lot of enthusiasm for anything today. Just a few fun bets: impulsive One 2:40 and Tommys Oscar 2:05 at Doncaster and Cheddleton 1:15 Cheltenham.

Good meeting at Sha Tin coming up.

I am still confused about times of races.

Is the Hong Kong Vase 6.00am our time tomorrow morning or 6pm tomorrow night?

Pyledriver is a lovely horse but I am considering the Dupre/Aga horse at a better price.

A big mover in the betting too.

Last edited:
They are 1 ahour ahead of me Marb. It's Saturday 4.24 pm in the UK and 11.24 PM in Thailand so it's already Sunday 12.24 am In HK

Right so the Hong Kong Vase is tomorrow night U.K time 6pm. Cheers.

Last edited:
Gotta say, I haven't been as upset after a loss as I was when Song for Someone got beat for a long time. When you get a race right and don't collect and it keeps happening - tough to take.

I turned the Racing off after the International so I haven't watched any of the action that followed and ideally I'd like a break for a week or so but unfortunately a tracker is out tomorrow at Carlisle. Bass Rock ran a really good race stepped up in trip in the former Brush handicap hurdle at Haydock last time out and he tries three miles again here. Hopefully the jockey won't kick for home too soon like he did at my local track and he should go close. 3/1 perfectly acceptable

Gotta say, I haven't been as upset after a loss as I was when Song for Someone got beat for a long time. When you get a race right and don't collect and it keeps happening - tough to take.

I turned the Racing off after the International so I haven't watched any of the action that followed and ideally I'd like a break for a week or so but unfortunately a tracker is out tomorrow at Carlisle. Bass Rock ran a really good race stepped up in trip in the former Brush handicap hurdle at Haydock last time out and he tries three miles again here. Hopefully the jockey won't kick for home too soon like he did at my local track and he should go close. 3/1 perfectly acceptable

I like Bass Rock and he has got races in him, but I felt he was a bit outstayed towards the finish over half a furlong shorter at Haydock. Bass Rock is not for me over this trip.

The race where he beat Teescomponentslad at this track two starts ago has worked out really well, with the third horse Tommys Oscar winning two class two hurdle races since.

I know Teescomponents is several pound worse off here for the beating he was given, but he was staying on and then won next time at Doncaster beating the in form Jesuiltique which is very smart form.

So although I respect Bass Rock, he might turn out to be best over slightly shorter than this trip, and with Teescomponentslad seemingly in the form of his life, I will back him at this distance against Bass Rock at about twice the price of Bass Rock.

Good luck to you though, Euro.

Last edited:
I like Bass Rock and he has got races in him, but I felt he was a bit outstayed towards the finish over half a furlong shorter at Haydock. Bass Rock is not for me over this trip.

The race where he beat Teescomponentslad at this track two starts ago has worked out really well, with the third horse Tommys Oscar winning two class two hurdle races since.

I know Teescomponents is several pound worse off here for the beating he was given, but he was staying on and then won next time at Doncaster beating the in form Jesuiltique which is very smart form.

So although I respect Bass Rock, he might turn out to be best over slightly shorter than this trip, and with Teescomponentslad seemingly in the form of his life, I will back him at this distance against Bass Rock at about twice the price of Bass Rock.

Good luck to you though, Euro.

I see there's support in the betting for Ben Pauling's Get Prepared in the last at Southwell, (3.25).

I was waiting to see if it was a positive in the betting as it could be well handicapped to win a race like this.

Last edited:
Back