What are you backing Today? Part 2

GL, guys; I'd have the race between Ffight Deck & Captain Zebo. but what do I know about this game? :)

Plenty. I hope you backed Flight Deck?

I wouldn't totally give up on Bass Rock.

Maybe they should give him a break now then the heroes handicap hurdle at Sandown at the end of next month over 2M7F which could be the right race for him.

Even accounting for the fact he didn't stay today, it wasn't as good a run as at Haydock was it...

Last edited:
I like Bass Rock and he has got races in him, but I felt he was a bit outstayed towards the finish over half a furlong shorter at Haydock. Bass Rock is not for me over this trip.

Good luck to you though, Euro.

I felt that on a course with a shorter run-in he could be held on to for longer.

Onagatheringstorm beaten in a race won by Kansas City Chief - who was behind him the previous time

Song for Someone - beaten by Guard your Dreams - who was behind him at Ascot

Bass Rock - Nowhere in a race won by Flight Deck - who was behind him at Haydock.

Can't wait for the flat.

Looking at the weight pull Flight Deck had with Teescomponentslad from Wetherby I can see why he's won today. He's already beat Tees at Wetherby and then 10lb better off at the weights today.

Anyways would anyone be interested in Flight Deck now for the Pertemps at the festival?

Still progressing at the right time...

Last edited:
I see there's support in the betting for Ben Pauling's Get Prepared in the last at Southwell, (3.25).

I was waiting to see if it was a positive in the betting as it could be well handicapped to win a race like this.

Get Prepared got up! :)

Last edited:
Lusitanien Plumpton 2:30 tomorrow is worth a look. 22/1 in a 17 runner h’cap at Chepstow in November he raced at the back of the field until without any conspicuous urging from his jockey he moved effortlessly through the field to the heels of the leading trio at the 3rd last and looking good. After that arms began to pump around him, but Jockey remained pretty quiet and he faded to finish 6th - maybe a bit too far for him, maybe not today. Next time at Sedgefiel he was down in trip and at 5/1 rather more was expected - we’ll never know, he was brought down at the third. Early price for tomorrow 9/2.

Last edited:
Lusitanien Plumpton 2:30 tomorrow is worth a look. 22/1 in a 17 runner h’cap at Chepstow in November he raced at the back of the field until without any conspicuous urging from his jockey he moved effortlessly through the field to the heels of the leading trio at the 3rd last and looking good. After that arms began to pump around him, but Jockey remained pretty quiet and he faded to finish 6th - maybe a bit too far for him, maybe not today. Next time at Sedgefiel he was down in trip and at 5/1 rather more was expected - we’ll never know, he was brought down at the third. Early price for tomorrow 9/2.

Just watched the replay of the Chepstow run out of curiosity. Surely if there were a 7-10 pound claimer on that horse that day, for that ride he or she would be asked serious questions? Interested to see how he gets on tomorrow.

The market called it. I had a bit last night expecting to add as price shortened if there was anything afoot. Drifted out instead to 13/2 which was the death knell. As for the race, he ran much more prominently this time, but again didn’t get much urging from the saddle at the sharp end and was then allowed to coast in.

Quite like Hugh Taylor's case for Lincloln Dream 6.30N, and while the beter prices are long gone, I've had a modest bet at 6/1 (BOG}

Got very strong word from a well connected facebook friend back in the UK for Jedd O'keefe's deputant Burrow Seven at catterick today in the 3.15.

Was plenty 7/1 this morning and the cash has been coming in steady ever since and he's now 5/1.

It's a bumper which can throw up some weird results so I haven't and neither should you go daft but they definitely think he'll win g/l

Little edit for info...you can have 5/1 ew on Betfair 1/4 the odds to cut your risk.

Last edited:
Favorite in this race at around 9/4 with form figures of 0-0PP0P. This should be interesting!

Unreal....no form out of the handicapped punted like money had gone out of fashion and wins.......Her explanation is simple....either it's we cheated:lol:

Or they switched horses with my fellow in the last and the one I backed will run like a cow:lol:

Back