What are you backing Today? Part 2

I was honestly hoping for a better show from Silver Sheen. I'm not sure how Tout Seul feels about the run but we'll know more if they decide not to come over for the final.

As I said earlier, the 33/1 I got was NRNB so I'm okay about the bet myself. If they don't bother coming over then there's no harm done. If they do then I can't imagine it wil be a social outing and we know on the day punters will simply latch on to the fact that it's an Irish runner in a handicap and blind faith will kick in for some. The chances of it going off at 33/1 are slim.

Too many fiddly mistakes by Sky Pirate eventually took their toll but I'm not convinced he was trying anyway. The jockey's 'effort' from two out was very unconvincing.

I see he makes it on to the eyecatchers item on the RP site with the Grand Annual in mind. I hope not too many people take too much note of it. I want the best possible price.

Pinball wizard 16/1 4p last race dundalk.blinkers back on.back on last winning mark and 5lb claimer.

When a horse gets back to its last winning mark I always think maybe another run or two to get below it.butblinkers on and a claim and 16s means I have to indulge,be interesting to see which way it goes in the market.

Pinball wizard 16/1 4p last race dundalk.blinkers back on.back on last winning mark and 5lb claimer.

When a horse gets back to its last winning mark I always think maybe another run or two to get below it.butblinkers on and a claim and 16s means I have to indulge,be interesting to see which way it goes in the market.

Economic Editor, who we see being trained on the beach, has come in to 7/1 from 33/1 in the last race at Wetherby. I don’t see how it can possibly win given how it’s ran in it’s previous races, but I wish I’d backed it at 33’s! Hammond horses going well. Backed Trac just now but didn’t watch the race. Having missed his 80/1 winner the other week I’m backing all of them.

Economic Editor, who we see being trained on the beach, has come in to 7/1 from 33/1 in the last race at Wetherby. I don’t see how it can possibly win given how it’s ran in it’s previous races, but I wish I’d backed it at 33’s! Hammond horses going well. Backed Trac just now but didn’t watch the race. Having missed his 80/1 winner the other week I’m backing all of them.

Nice one. Moe. Wouldn’t touch z Hammond with a barge pole, but he’s brought a few in lately.

When Hammond horses hit form they’re worth following. I only follow him because we stay at Middleham sometimes and I love seeing the horses going up to the gallops.

Last edited:
When Mike said last night EE’s running tomorrow 33/1 are you going to back him I just laughed and ignored him….

if any of us acheived what Micky has done as a trainer starting off with zero to work with but an empty bridle we'd be doing well.
Met him a couple of time thorough Tony Charlton and he gave me the imprssiom laughing at him wouldn't be the best idea you ever had Moe:lol:

if any of us acheived what Micky has done as a trainer starting off with zero to work with but an empty bridle we'd be doing well.
Met him a couple of time thorough Tony Charlton and he gave me the imprssiom laughing at him wouldn't be the best idea you ever had Moe:lol:
Mikes my partner. He told me to back Economic Editor last night at 33/1 and I said he hadn’t got a chance. Then saw the price come in and realised I’d made a huge mistake…

I’ve backed Larry @ 11/1 3 Places at Ascot in the 2:25 Saturday.

Off 135 with good 3lb claimer on board puts him on the same mark as when running away with a handicap over C&D only in October.

He’d have gone close the time before that but for unseating at the last due to the loose horse and after his C&D win his stamina was stretched but ran respectfully in the London national carrying 11st 5lb.

Then stepped back to 2m5f and again ran well after being outpaced off what will be an adjusted mark 5lb higher than he runs off Saturday.

His form on ground with soft in the description is far superior to that without and nowadays 3m soft ground are ideal conditions.

Fiddler is a good horse but he’s short enough and will have to concede nearly 2 stone to Larry plus, if they have genuine Cheltenham aspirations they’re not going to want him leaving those behind in this.

Ascot 2.25 Sojourn. Showing as a market mover on the early betting amd I can see why. Very progressive chaser in 2019/20 season. Changed stables since and had some wind ops, he can win this tomorrow in a veey open race.

Haydock 2.40 Whoever mentioned The Galloping Bear should be panicking as I concur he has an excellent chance in the grand national trial!

Ascot 2.25 Sojourn.

Showing as a market mover on the early betting and I can see why. A very progressive chaser in 2019/20 season. Changed stables since and had some wind ops, he can win this tomorrow in a very open race.

Haydock 2.40 Whoever mentioned The Galloping Bear should be panicking as I concur he has an excellent chance in the grand national trial!

Last edited:
Fancy a few tomorrow. Ante-Post I've backed Mister Fisher at 4s (now 6s) and Secret Reprieve at 9s (now 7/2) so win some lose some. Fakir and Sam Brown look the dangers.

I've done the Molly Olly Wishes/Third Wind rfc in the Rendlesham - cannot have Tommy Darby on Haydock heavy over 3 miles.

Corach Rambler is interesting going right handed given the way he hung right when winning at Cheltenham earlier this season and he plugged on nicely at Warwick subsequently despite hating that track. Like his attitude. If Does he Know gets the Bass treatment It might be evens he gets round never mind wins and I don't trust Annual Invictus.

At Wincanton I'm gonna give Stellar Magic another chance despite him falling out of the back of the tele last time. He made a bad mistake early doors and I still like his form with Up for Parol from Haydock (that horse ran ok at Wetherby earlier in the week - jockey went too soon on him). The pumpkin shorty makes this an attractive ew poke at 7s

I'd make Quilixios fav in the Red Mills so he's worth a go at 11/4

Secret Reprieve is now backable at 4/1, especially with the BOGs kicking in.

Through the week it was really the price that was making me look elsewhere but I've now used him as cover for my other bets in the race.

If I thought Fiddlerontheroof would go out to that kind of price I'd back him too. I thought he was a good thing for the Hennessy and he nearly was. A 5lbs rise might not be enough to stop him (I backed him for the Gold Cup at 66s in anticipation of the Hennessy win) but 5/2 is enough to stop me backing him.

Back