What are you backing Today? Part 2

A nice placer and this horse needs following now. Hopefully won't go up too much from a mark of 86. I will be watching out for him in all the big mile handicaps including at Rpyal Ascot and the golden mile at Goodwood.

Natural Path's sire Toronado was a good second to Dawn Approach only beaten a nostril in the St James Palace at Royal Ascot and Toronado then won the Sussex at Goodwood.

Natural Path has the pedigree for what I think he can do for sure.

I await what the handicapper does with interest.

I reckon anything under 90 for Natural Path is acceptable.

I'm saving up!!!

Last edited:
Windsor 18.10 Tabdeed 11/4
Leicester 17.50 Nikki's Girl 2/1
Carlisle 16.15 Latenightmistake 10/1

Good luck all. :)

Last edited:
Makeen 3:05 Carlisle - did the Noted in Running thread a favour last time and is only up 2lb for it. 5/2 atm
Rose:s Girl 2:10 Redcar - well thought of and good run on AW last time. Buick up again. 11/4 atm.

I fancy Edison Kent 6.30 Killarney to step up and run well. Seems unexposed and the 22's Bet365 looks OK to find out. The Mullins pair at the bottom are a worry.

Island Bandit 6.50 Leic 14-1 generally, was highest last night with B365 at 18. (Early) profile looks similar to Island Brave's and my reading is they are stepping up through the distances to prove that the Sandown maiden win was an early pointer. Excuses both 1 mile runs this year. Can't find any holes in most of the competition for this stiff Leicester one and a quarter miler so this will have to be speculative at best.

Elsewhere there are so many I'm going to have to be very careful!!

Last edited:
LIBERATED LAD 820L 3/1
Went into my alerts over 1m 4f on friday.
Drops back to 1m 2f.
Gets at least 10lb from all and 20lb from the fav.
When I was a lad a long long time ago I always though topweight were best over 10f so maybe the weights dont matter but could get an easy lead here.3/1 in a 4 runner race seems fair to me.

CORINTHIAN KNIGHT 510W 10/1 is an interesting horse.
Has won over 350 000 in it's time and has been totally out of form on the aw.has only beaten 14 horses in ten runs but now back on turf 17lb lower than when it won at Pontefract twice last july.probably better over 6f,and maybe this is to get it ready for a return to that track.
Money for it last night but now drifting.

Makeen 3:05 Carlisle - did the Noted in Running thread a favour last time and is only up 2lb for it. 5/2 atm
Rose:s Girl 2:10 Redcar - well thought of and good run on AW last time. Buick up again. 11/4 atm.

Plenty of money for both, but neither looked the part. Makeen looked ok then got swamped at the end. Rose’s Girl never got into it, came from miles back and finished strongly, but way too late. My swans all turning to geese lately.

CORINTHIAN KNIGHT 510W 10/1 is an interesting horse.
Has won over 350 000 in it's time and has been totally out of form on the aw.has only beaten 14 horses in ten runs but now back on turf 17lb lower than when it won at Pontefract twice last july.probably better over 6f,and maybe this is to get it ready for a return to that track.
Money for it last night but now drifting.

Much better today.outpaced in rear but finished strongly for 5th.needs 6f.

LIBERATED LAD 820L 3/1
Went into my alerts over 1m 4f on friday.
Drops back to 1m 2f.
Gets at least 10lb from all and 20lb from the fav.
When I was a lad a long long time ago I always though topweight were best over 10f so maybe the weights dont matter but could get an easy lead here.3/1 in a 4 runner race seems fair to me.

A bit disappointing. I expected it to kick on .stayed on again and a step back up in trip will be welcomed.

Should have stuck with topweight like when I was a lad.

Last edited:
Natural Path's sire Toronado was a good second to Dawn Approach only beaten a nostril in the St James Palace at Royal Ascot and Toronado then won the Sussex at Goodwood.

Natural Path has the pedigree for what I think he can do for sure.

I await what the handicapper does with interest.

I reckon anything under 90 for Natural Path is acceptable.

I'm saving up!!!

He's been left on 86 by the handicapper. That'll do nicely.

Early indications are that the principals in the Lockinge have pretty much run to their ORs, with Alcohol Free and, to a lesser extent, Mother Earth underperforming and Sunray Major taking a good step forward. The handicapper might hit him with a 4lbs rise.

Baaeed left alone on 125.

Sunray Major up 4lbs.

Reduced stakes today.

Verreaux Eagle 4:17 Yarmouth - couldn’t get a clear run and put under no pressure last time. 2/1 atm

Speriamo 7:00 Kempton - quite a bit of money for her last time at big prices and promising run from poor draw.4/1 atm

Back