What are you backing Today? Part 2

He may just be a July course animal.

Been having a rough old time of it lately so just dipping a toe into the water today with Great Ambassador who ran so well in the Stewards. 2/1 a bit skinny, but 15/8 mostly now.

Won very well. He went into the tracker after the Stewards but I don't back handicappers at short odds. The Ayr Gold Cup is fascinating with this horse and Royal Scimitar both with leading chances.

Haven't seen the race but wouldn't have backed GA today in the belief Ayr was the target. He doesn't need to go up the weights, I don't think, to get in.

Edit - just checked. Looks like he did need a rise so that's a betting opportunity missed, by me at any rate.

Last edited:
Reckon the ground and the trip should be just about ideal for Sacred in the Hungerford. Reportedly working well, and with TM deputising for the absent RM (Stateside).she ought to have a major chance.
6/1 B365.

Nice one, reet :). Just watched it again and she oozed class all the way. Cut through the field like a knife through butter with TM sitting pretty still whilst all around him were flailing arms and flashing whips. Mmm, and Laneqash finished rather well, too.

Last edited:
Nice one, reet :). Just watched it again and she oozed class all the way. Cut through the field like a knife through butter with TM sitting pretty still whilst all around him were flailing arms and flashing whips. Mmm, and Laneqash finished rather well, too.
Aye, BJ, though the race was set up for closers by the strong early pace. Sweet, when they work out that way.

I'm gonna have a little tickle on Alpine Star in the Marois. She's currently trading at 11.5 on the machine and that's simply too big for a filly of her class.

Last edited:
Me too-I can tell you someone fairly High up in the yard thought she was an absolute certainty at York and wasn't too impressed by Foley.

Bringitonboris (Ham 3.25) improved during 2020 when winning a total of three races over a mile or thereabouts. He started this year off a mark in the 70s, and his best run to date, where he really caught the eye, was at York in May, when finishing fourth, just a head behind future Royal Ascot scorer and group placer, Highfield Princess.

If you look at that run in isolation, then Bringitonboris ran a stormer and could yet be very well treated in the handicap. After several mediocre performances since, he's had a wind operation and a fairly decent break off the track.

He's entered up for two races this Tuesday, one being the Scottish Cup at Hamilton, (a place where trainer and owner connections have won a few races already this season with stablemate Euro Implosion), and one at Carlisle over a shorter distance of seven furlongs.

I'm hoping he goes for the class three at Hamilton as I think that I'd back him after the wind operation, especially given that excellent form with Highfield Princess.

I'm just hanging about to see if he goes to 14s or bigger.

Interesting sort of run by Boris.

Travelled well enough and looked a danger a furlong and a half from home.

This was a step up class.

Dropped to class four at a track like Newcastle maybe worth backing.

Interesting sort of run by Boris.

Travelled well enough and looked a danger a furlong and a half from home.

This was a step up class.

Dropped to class four at a track like Newcastle maybe worth backing.

Yes, he sort of flattered to deceive. Not a lot there when it got serious.

He's been declared for the class five at Newcastle where's he's won before over 7F on Friday night off the top weight. Only 8 or so runners.

He'd have a strong chance.

Last edited:
He's been declared for the class five at Newcastle where's he's won before over 7F on Friday night off the top weight. Only 8 or so runners.

He'd have a strong chance.

Bringitonboris smashed up in the betting today. 2/1 fav now. Come on then Boris.

Saint Lawrence (6..05S) went off too soon in his gp3 at Ascot, and opened the door for the brilliant Rohaan. The speed he showed there will stand him in good stead over a less stiff Sailibury (also has gp1 5f entry llater in the season) and looks a handy bet at the general 3/1.

Last edited:
Back