What are you backing Today? Part 2

My Pointing forum have flagged up a former pointer called Rafferty in the 3.55 at Market Rasen. He won his point under a novice jockey unchallenged and he struggled to pull him up. Two subsequent runs, he’s been really keen under same jockey (3rd last time). Now changed yards and has Sean Bowen (who I think is v strong jockey).
Not the strongest race either.

My Pointing forum have flagged up a former pointer called Rafferty in the 3.55 at Market Rasen. He won his point under a novice jockey unchallenged and he struggled to pull him up. Two subsequent runs, he’s been really keen under same jockey (3rd last time). Now changed yards and has Sean Bowen (who I think is v strong jockey).
just read this as the race finished, well done :) Halved in price too.

Complete blowout at Ascot so far for me at Ascot. Would not have considered looking at Market Rasen until this post. Up on the day and an exciting race to boot. Thanks and well done!

Really pleased you backed it. There are some shrewd guys on there that know their pointers.

Ive been in the betting doldrums for some time although I had a couple of placed bets last weekend and then today has improved again. But then isn’t that always the way?!

Saw it too late I’m afraid, but looks as though there’s more to come. Thx.

Try and get the punting day off to a good start in Hong Kong

11.45am-After Me

Each Way @ 13-2 [William Hill] 4 places

GL,PB.
State Occasion 3.50Nm - a litte unlucky when 2nd to Don't Tell Clair 2 ago, 5lb better in today.
Prob imp again lto over unsuitable dist & ground.
Solid bet @ general 4/1 N/R

Last edited:
Good to see chaser Some Chaos could run at Chepstow on Saturday over fences. I think a mark of 140 is just about right. Especially upon viewing how the Badger Chase form from last season has worked out.

Some Chaos is entered up again for Aintree this Sunday in another Veterans Chase. Bearing in mind his liking for good ground it's no surprise connections wanting to run him again.

Last edited:
I tryed to post this up on the relevant longshot thread but was having problems posting there. One horse for me tomorrow who is worth mentioning at a huge price.

Newbury 2.35 - Wells Farhh Go E/W 33/1.

Edit - forecast is for heavy ground. However, the sire Farhh won a group 1 champion stakes on soft so perhaps this fella will cope better than expected.

He was consistent when winning his first two races in succession in 2017. Pretty lightly raced since then, winning a Group three at Newmarket in 2018 and then another listed event at Newmarket in 2019.

On that occasion he actually beat this year's Woodbine Canadian International winner, Walton Street, by four lengths.

So this horse does have some excellent ability and not a horse to ignore at a big price, but he's only been on the course two or three times this season, once when placing at Chester which was a fair run from a break.

He likes to attempt to make all and in his comments in running he was noted as 'chasing leaders' the last day which may indicate a revival in how he runs.

It's a shame there aren't 8 runners but in any event I'll take a chance that this horse can return to peak form here tomorrow. I fancy he will try and do it from the front and 33/1 is too big to ignore.

Last edited:
4.05 Cheltenham
MacGiloney 12/1 5 places SkyBet. 14/1 available but to fewer places.
The price differential to the favourite looks too big. Maybe recency bias but this fella had his last run in a chase on unsuitable ground over a trip too short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Crisford's have found a winnable Group 3 in France for Century Dream. Main opp is Magny Cours but that horse seems better over further than today's mile trip. 7/2 is very fair, he hit the frame in a much better race last time behind Real World and The Revenant.

I've lost quite a bit on ORBAAN this year and dont know what to expect today.im not sure if the drop to 7f is a good thing but he is very well hcapped.he finished 5th in the Lincoln off 11lb higher but off this mark hes not certain to get in next year,if that's the aim,but a penalty today could put him on a good mark if that's the aim.so I have to give it a go today 205d 16/1 5places.

I've lost quite a bit on ORBAAN this year and dont know what to expect today.im not sure if the drop to 7f is a good thing but he is very well hcapped.he finished 5th in the Lincoln off 11lb higher but off this mark hes not certain to get in next year,if that's the aim,but a penalty today could put him on a good mark if that's the aim.so I have to give it a go today 205d 16/1 5places.

U/L (that cliff's high isn't it?)

The Crisford's have found a winnable Group 3 in France for Century Dream. Main opp is Magny Cours but that horse seems better over further than today's mile trip. 7/2 is very fair, he hit the frame in a much better race last time behind Real World and The Revenant.

There's a good group 1 race at Longchamp tomorrow, featuring Scope and Quickthorn to name just two.

We'll find out. I did fancy him for the Ebor so I'm biased. Scope could turn out to be a bit of machine though. He'd be my pick.

Last edited:
Blimey! Worked to my advantage, but that’s an awful setting of the rails - poor horse thought it was a fence and tried to jump it - thankfully no damage done I hope. I was beginning to worry about Does He Know getting there.

Last edited:
Back