What are you backing Today? Part 2

Pencillfulloflead in the Bobbyjo. I have to be against Kemboy at short odds and this isn't the sort of test that will play into Carefully Selected's strengths. Nash prep obviously but 4s a bit too big.

I've also had a small dutch on Solo and Datsalrightgino because Harry Fry and short priced favs.

Nice, Euro

2.30 Fontwell
Hopefully Harry Cobden will give Knappers Hill the sort of enterprising ride he gave Solo and Rubaud yesterday. He’ll be hard to beat if so I reckon. Thought to give Brewinupastorm 6lb if that one is on song but I think he’s firmly on the decline. Goshen less dangerous on this ground and Sceau Royal more effective at 2m
Took 3/1 earlier now 15/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2.30 Fontwell
Hopefully Harry Cobden will give Knappers Hill the sort of enterprising ride he gave Solo and Rubaud yesterday. He’ll be hard to beat if so I reckon. Thought to give Brewinupastorm 6lb if that one is on song but I think he’s firmly on the decline. Goshen less dangerous on this ground and Sceau Royal more effective at 2m
Took 3/1 earlier now 15/8

Disappointed with that. Probably out again too soon

:eek: real comedy show by Goshen zooming off into a suicidal lead and jumping so far right at nearly every hurdle he almost joined the spectators. An uncontrollable nightmare.

:eek: real comedy show by Goshen zooming off into a suicidal lead and jumping so far right at nearly every hurdle he almost joined the spectators. An uncontrollable nightmare.

Not being funny but was the most predictable thing. Why would you place the horse there when you know he needs to go right handed and needs dig in the ground?

6.30 Southwell. Mighty River

Mighty River has beaten better horses than these and the last run again makes him better than these. 3.25 taken, looks a good bet to me.

Wincanton 3.45
Any News is thrown in on his hurdles rating and early chase form. He hinted at a return to that sort of level last time out and happy to take a chance at 4/1. The Nicholls horse is clearly in form however and may be hard to beat

Wincanton 3.45
Any News is thrown in on his hurdles rating and early chase form. He hinted at a return to that sort of level last time out and happy to take a chance at 4/1. The Nicholls horse is clearly in form however and may be hard to beat

Non runner. Shame that 4 of the 7 in it this morning have been pulled

Non runner. Shame that 4 of the 7 in it this morning have been pulled

Aye,so much for 48 hr decs being the ruination of racing.:) Whole card decimated on the day of the race.
Thank God for AW racing.:whistle:

James Cummings and the brilliant Jamie Kah link up for the Carm Trophy sprint at the Australian Guineas meeting at Flemington today.

The horse she rides Kallos is no world beater 9/11 in his last outing, but was recently gelded and my Aussie pals, who saw him in a recent trial, tell me he's improved a stone since and is expected to hack up in his first race as a gelding today.

I'm making him my pre-Cheltenham best bet. Kallos 5/2 5Star*****bet

Last edited:
Back