What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backed Vintage Fabric E/W at 28/1 in the 17:20 Newton Abbott. The horse has a seriously decent record at the track including taking this race last season and though he's disappointed a few times since (the last twice under todays jockey) he's steadily come down the ratings again and is now 2lbs lower than when winning this last year whilst Nigel Hawke's last runner went in just under 2 weeks ago.

Martin

After Nazreef and Captivator winning I was licking my lips and a tasty pay out awaited if Arsaadi could win:

He received what must be considered a pedantic and weak ride. Hanagan takes a pull for the early part of the race when the horse was actually fast out of the gate and leading after a furlong: looked like the horse wanted to lead or be right up there, whilst his jockey just eases him down back through the field. In the final furlong when all other jocks are in finishing positions Paul Hanagan is sitting up and easing his horse. I don;'t know what I should think, strange. I've still made as profit on the day.

He's in the mustard/orange colours on the outside as they leave the stalls.

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/0,27770,490782_3,00.html

Last edited:
Two marvellous picks from Hezz and Marble.
8/1 and 11/1. Very well done, men. Very well done indeed.

Thanks Icebreaker, time to crack open the bottle of Gentleman Jacks in my fridge.:)

Just one for me today that makes some appeal, @ 8/1. The Reaper in the Listed Sprint at Cork. Only 4 so improvement may not be all done with as of yet. Coming back from Dubai I expect him to have come on for the experience out there. Services of Johnny today. Hugely competitive race, but a very very consistent horse where the better the race the better he runs.

top stuff

I never saw your post for some reason Doomster..mirrored my thinking..but unfortunately not on today

I have put my entire Aintree tank on Paul Nicholls to win the trainers title.Henderson had a few run like hairy goats today while Nicholls had a couple that worked hard to win.At the 2/1 and 7/4 that's available I'm all in.

I have put my entire Aintree tank on Paul Nicholls to win the trainers title.Henderson had a few run like hairy goats today while Nicholls had a couple that worked hard to win.At the 2/1 and 7/4 that's available I'm all in.

What team is Henderson sending to Aintree?

He doesn't usually bother with Ayr and some rag wins at Sandown

Nicky loves Punchestown .....great bet Luke;)

I hope so.Henderson has been known to go off the boil fairly fast-I think my main danger is Shakalakaboom getting placed in National.

I never saw your post for some reason Doomster..mirrored my thinking..but unfortunately not on today

Yeah, big disappointment that one, in many ways. Not reversing the form with the fav, ignoring the two 2yo winners Johnson had and getting the hannon runners completely wrong.

I'm generally happy to take on the Hannon 3yo 80 rated h/cappers as his 2yo's do plenty through the nursery route. I never even realized the winner was a stable switch.

I was surprised by the tactics of Galician, who broke well but was restrained in mid division negating his decent draw. Turned out the prominent runners dominated.

Clearly Willie Mullins thinks Vesper Bell (3.25, Fai) is better than his lowly mark, as he was toying with the Albert Bartlett and has him entered for the 3 mile Gd1 at Punchestown, amongst a host of higher rated stablemates.
8/1, with 4 places, could be a decent bet.

I do reckon Slew Charm has a better chance than his odds indicate in the 3:10 at Fairyhouse. He certainly has not bad form figures for such a big price, better than that of many of the horses priced like him. He won his maiden hurdle when trained by Noel Chance a few years back and subsequently was allocated a mark of 115, which looks very harsh in hindsight.

He's since left Noel Chances yard, and gone to a little heard of trainer by the name of Sarah Dawson (to me anyway) in Ireland. The last two runs have been very creditable, including the comeback run, albeit in lesser events: The good ground could see further improvement and he's certainly in a better position to run well in a race like this, than when he was first handicapped off 115. He runs off just a one pound higher mark tomorrow than when first handicapped over hurdles in England.

Marb.

Last edited:
LION NA BEARNAI could run well in the National. He beat one of the fancied horses in Four Commanders last time and is still lightly raced enough over fences to sneak a place, even with the 27 pound rise in the weights. Hopefully he can do what HUnt Ball did last month.

Last edited:
Just a little bit of Easter Interest today.

I have put some of your bets in doubles & trebles too because the forum is on fire lately, EC1, Swedish, Marble, Hezz, Luke, Harry, Irish Stamp, Icebreaker, Slim just to mention a few that have posted good value winners.

Selection14/1 - Diamond Vine
Event14:45 Warwick
MarketRace winner

Selection7/2 - Flexible Flyer
Event15:55 Warwick
MarketRace winner

Selection12/1 - Brouhaha
Event17:05 Warwick
MarketRace winner

Selection7/1 - Percythepinto
Event18:15 Warwick
MarketRace winner

Your bets (1)

Lucky 15 - Each Way

30 lines at £1.00 per line
Total stake for this bet: £30.00
Potential Return: £11331.02
Time: 09/04/12 11:21
Receipt No: O/151878655/0000124

Last edited:
Flemenstar available at 11/8 for the powers gold cup with Boylesports.

Against the likely field does anyone else think that's a rick? I'd make him odds on. The only possible weakness is the ground but his full brother Barafundle won on good ground so he should be fine.[/]

Paid for Easter..... After this horse battered Bog Warrior I knew he had to be something special!!!

Wimp is me, I bottled out of a st. win and just took the 12.5 for a Place.
(Which is also luvvly jubbly, of course). :)
Thanks again, Mr Marble.

Last edited:
LION NA BEARNAI could run well in the National. He beat one of the fancied horses in Four Commanders last time and is still lightly raced enough over fences to sneak a place, even with the 27 pound rise in the weights. Hopefully he can do what HUnt Ball did last month.

wow :D

nice ew double too with a 25/1 3rd in the 3.10

Not much wrong with Slew Charm either - an equally-divided e/w double would have paid a handsome dividend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back