What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put some of the Cappa Bleu return back into Conquisto in the next at 50/1. Well treated off current mark and could go well.

That sounds interesting but this is not the worst of bumpers, Martin, far from it (even if Vrai Vert's RPR looks to be at least a stone too high). The top three in the betting all have obvious chances and the Hobbs horse, Irish Buccaneer, was born with the words "Bred to win bumpers" printed on his rump. A race to treat with caution, methinks.
Good shout Grey - hope you took some of the early 12's Irish Buccaneer! :)

18:50C Tiqris @ 7/1. Saw this horse of Charlie Brookes dot up for Tom Lacey in a Maiden P2P at Whitfield last month, nothing remarkable about that in itself but he was brought to a standstill by a horrific mistake at the second last but recovered well enough appear to be going twice as fast as his rivals approaching the last which he flew and was going away at the finish to score by 8-10 lengths. He didn't beat a heck of a lot that day but he looked a really really useful type and certainly the sort who'd be capable of going close in a Bumper (wrote about him on "The Pointing Thread" at the time).

Martin

Hard luck, Martin, he was flying at the finish.

Green and hampered to be fair to him - winner was well backed though and he beat everything else despite that so can't complain :)

I did, thanks, I had my main bet on it. I also had a bit on your boy but I didn't do the forecast.

Windsor 5.00 Sugar Beet @ 16/1

16/1 with 365, even restricted is worth taking IMO. Not only been running over 6f recently, which is probably a tad too far but in races beyond her grade.

Comes her only 2lb higher than her last a/w h/cap win.

I like Timocracy in the lucky last at Windsor tomorrow. Plenty of hold up horses in the race and not many who will want to be up there early doors. It could mean Timocracy can burn his rivals off with a uncontested lead. He still looks really well handicapped to me, Windsor form figures read 12 and someone clearly agrees with me as he's being backed early doors.

Last edited:
I like Timocracy in the lucky last at Windsor tomorrow. Plenty of hold up horses in the race and not many who will want to be up there early doors. It could mean Timocracy can burn his rivals off with a uncontested lead. He still looks really well handicapped to me, Windsor form figures read 12 and someone clearly agrees with me as he's being backed early doors.

Well Done.

Someone must of done the double hopefully

I put a tenner e/w thankfully @ 20's and 12's. I feel a little deflated taking 16/1 with a R4 on the single. It was 20/1 with two to load, then came in to 14/1 on the off.

Thanks Marble and well done

Windsor 5.00 Sugar Beet @ 16/1

16/1 with 365, even restricted is worth taking IMO. Not only been running over 6f recently, which is probably a tad too far but in races beyond her grade.

Comes her only 2lb higher than her last a/w h/cap win.

Well Done!

if you two don't get many plaudits for those picks then its not worth posting..the number of visitors who view this thread and just the same few come on and congratulate

sorry for gripe but its same with Gigilo's thread..thousands of views and just a handful of folk got decency to post some credit

ffs..what do people want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back