What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chachamaidee should spank these in the Chartwell, the 2.10 at Lingfield. Strong traveller with a sharp turn of foot should be suited by the polytrack. More chance of her running her race than Best Terms who might not stay or have trained on, and Fallen For You strikes me as likely to be seen to best effect over a longer trip.

Maximum confidence usually proves expensive, but going in hard!

David Johnson maximum bet lemming signing in.

had a good look at that race this morning David..i think they the RP comment about best terms not staying 7f is wrong..pulled hard on slow ground last time..always going to look like a non stayer..8.8 is worth a gamble

its a good race

Last edited:
Chachamaidee should spank these in the Chartwell, the 2.10 at Lingfield. Strong traveller with a sharp turn of foot should be suited by the polytrack. More chance of her running her race than Best Terms who might not stay or have trained on, and Fallen For You strikes me as likely to be seen to best effect over a longer trip.

Maximum confidence usually proves expensive, but going in hard!

A fine shout, David, never in doubt ;)

Love a big handicap and Haydock's Swinton Hurdle is just that - Dougie Costello is a seriously underated jockey IMO particularly when riding for gambling yards and he teams up with Tim Vaughan today to partner the ex-Irish Ruler Of All an easy winner of a Maiden Hurdle at Thurles on his second outing for Edward O'Grady back in February 2011 from the NTO graded hurdle winner Little Green (now rated 126). ROA went on to score again in March that year by a narrow margin from the useful Organisedconfusion, he's had just the one start for Tim Vaughan at Newbury back in December when under top weight and partnered by Aidan Coleman he travelled well enough prior to weakening 2 out and eventually pulling up. He wore first time blinkers for his Thurles win and again for his Gowran novices victory whilst they were left off at Newbury and the headgear is back on again today in the shape of a visor (didn't wear this on the flat either), the 4lb drop from Newbury will also help and he handles ground with cut as seen with his two wins in Ireland, at 40/1 he looks a cracking E/W bet to me.

Martin

cheers guys

had a few quid on Martin..and dutched with Double Ross who has been campaigned at further but 2 on soft looks the game and has been hidden in the last 3 runs

Last edited:
Good calls, DJ & EC.
As my non-racing son remarked when watching Chachamaidee - Wow!!!

Cheers Reet - have to confess your comments on Falling For You had me getting the videos out again, and I probably did mis-read her. Can certainly see now why she doesn't have entries beyond 1m despite staying the trip as a juvenile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back