What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the race as someone who watches a fair bit of American racing I made the winner odds on after a couple of furlongs due to her uncontested lead.I thought the jockey on the second got windy and rode his race too soon.I could see the runner up being 10lbs better then today's effort.

Carlton House looks huge at 5/6. He is running against 110 horses and I'm convinced over 1m2 he will be a 125 horse +. Reports suggest he is fit and well, and he really should be winning this on the bridle.

Thanks Hamm - I had a daring bet for me because of this ;)

I noted your post today. Sometimes the bleeding obvious is the bet. Layers taking on a horse for the sake of it. Well done on your bullish stance.

Cheers (and SW). This was really a 20 points bet (I didn't) because you simply will not find a better 10/11 shot all year long. He was 1/3 for me, all he had to do was run within 7/8 pounds of last year.

150 - Amazing Win
335 - More Sweets 'N Lace
425 - Baltic Fizz
800 - Spirit Quartz

£5 Eachway 4-Fold

300 - Show Flower
345 - Forget Me Not Lane
535 - Hamoody
900 - Hallsatt

£5 Eachway 4-Fold

Pekan Star at 10's is a considerably bigger price than I thought he would be for his first run of the year in the the 1m2f handicap at Epsom.

7lbs higher than when he won what now looks a pretty strong handicap at the Dante meeting last year on his first start of the season, having previously won his maiden on his reappearance the year before.

Any thoughts on the race? Looks competitive as always; Resurge is the one I fear most.

Last edited:
Pivotman improved enormously for the addition of a tongue-tie toward the end of last season, culminating in a close 2nd in a red hot Newbury handicap.
Has the ideal draw for his forcing tactics, and 16/1 is just too big.

Fast finishing winners in handicaps like Gatewood used to be my punting food and drink but the angle appears to have closed. Animals with his sort of profile never used to go off at 9/4 in their next race.

I think Side Glance is a bet at 9/2 in the next. He'll love the ground, and the 3 pounds from Worthadd has them very close for me, especially with one odds on and one 9/2.

Last edited:
He spent so long thinking he was the last jockey to do the double, it'll be another 10 years before he remembers he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back