What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imperial Monarch (French Derby)

Purely based on price. He's currently 6/1. Supply and demand will see this trading at 9/2 max tomorrow.

If you are in it for a trade you might want to wait and see what the pmu prices are, could be a better spread between that and the Betfair price than industry. The main problem I see though is that the liquidity is never very strong in French races. Suppose it depends how much you go in for.

Last edited:
Though the price has gone now, Mince (4.40) is much better than her lto win implies.
Instead of following the pace, Frankie switched right around the back to chase the slower horses, and left his mount 5 or 6l to find in the last furlong as a consequence. That she still managed to win speaks volumes for her real ability.

Can't get Mince right, left alone last time after being on the wrong end of her last 2 close photo defeats, but waded in again today early this morning. Never seemed to be travelling to me.

Last edited:
8.50 sud pacifique should be way above these on his flat rating..has decent ground tonight and will put that slow ground hurdle loss behind..last run got him right for this

Last edited:
I used to like cartmel all the eccentric jump tracks are the best horses for courses etc,i also like chester as well!:cool:

nott 5.20 Hurricane Thomas win & place @ 23.0/6.0

Not looked at the opposition and HT looks out of form but this trainer is actually in decent form and it seems strange G Tutty does not have the ride as she was booked at the course and can do the weight.

Horse is a C&D winner under similar conditions off a 12 lb higher mark, so I'm hopeful of a decent run and hope Norton can

Dawn approach looks too short, people are getting overexcited by his recent win.

Cougar ridge for me.

Leicester 2:40 Carlton Blue e/way - the form of his last race working out very well add to that the trainer Paul Cole horses often run well at Leicester as he seems to run his better ones there.

Of the 11 runners in this race 7 have race again some twice more - 5 won and 1 was 2nd - 2 won their next two races.

Pos.- Draw - Dist. Horse Wt Jockey Trainer SP
1 --- 4 Englishman 9-3 M Hills C Hills 9/2 - yet to race again

2 6 1 Smoothtalkinrascal (IRE) 9-3 S W Kelly B J Meehan 8/1 - won next race by over 3L

3 8 ¾ Dust Whirl 9-3 P Dobbs R Hannon 17/2 - 2ND in next race btn less than 1L

4 11 ½ Sign of The Zodiac (IRE) 9-3 R L Moore R Hannon 5/1 - won next race

5 10 nk Cay Verde 9-3 Matthew Davies M R Channon 28/1 - won next two races including a listed race

6 7 hd Edged Out 8-12 L Morris B Palling 50/1 - unplaced next race but not disgraced against the highly rated Hairy Rocket

7 9 hd Premier Steps (IRE) 8-12 R Kingscote Tom Dascombe 16/1 - won next time out

8 5 ¾ Inka Surprise (IRE) 9-3 Jim Crowley R M Beckett 4/1 f - hasn't run again yet

9 2 2 Carlton Blue (IRE) 9-3 J Fortune P F I Cole 17/2 - runs today 2:40Leics

10 3 1 Bungle Inthejungle 9-3 Martin Harley M R Channon 16/1 - has had 2 more runs and won both

11 1 8 Fils Anges (IRE) 9-3 J P Spencer M L W Bell 7/1 - yet to race again

Backed Louis Ludwig @ 8/1 (15:00 Ffos Las). Returns from a break for Tim Vaughan and was last seen over fences on good ground back at Fontwell in October over a trip that's short of his best, he's back up to 2m 5f (last ran over the trip when tipping up at Newton Abbot last year) and races off 4lbs lower (incl. riders claim) than for his only win so far (in a Handicap Hurdle), the very useful amateur Bradley Gibbs takes 7lbs off and I think he'll go close today.

Martin

Backed Louis Ludwig @ 8/1 (15:00 Ffos Las). Returns from a break for Tim Vaughan and was last seen over fences on good ground back at Fontwell in October over a trip that's short of his best, he's back up to 2m 5f (last ran over the trip when tipping up at Newton Abbot last year) and races off 4lbs lower (incl. riders claim) than for his only win so far (in a Handicap Hurdle), the very useful amateur Bradley Gibbs takes 7lbs off and I think he'll go close today.

Martin

Have tipped him on Timeform free card Martin - Tim's horses are all running very well at present, so he'll have no excuses today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back