What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have tipped him on Timeform free card Martin - Tim's horses are all running very well at present, so he'll have no excuses today.

He certainly won't - ground looks softer than they're describing it as which won't be ideal but not a great race IMO and the favourite looks very beatable.

Martin

Cruise Tothelimit is nap material in this.

10lb below best mark..
will love the strong pace and stiff 5..stays 6..
likes getting toe in..the ground is now G/S here on times

Main bet for today is Merry Minster @ 11/2 (14:40 Cartmel).

Won her Maiden easily at Corbridge back in March and the form is working out well enough, she was getting plenty of weight that day but was a 5yo Mare in against geldings, Cath Walton rode and her run NTO wasn't too bad upped into a Restricted, the LL comments from her debut indicate she's clearly a tricky customer but this isn't a great race with the favourite (Hannah Jacques) being rated just 105 and having bombed LTO in a Handicap at Sedgefield (though was placed in this last year) whilst the second favourite Hidden Horizons (related to four time scorer Lovey Dovey) is another debuting under rules having had five starts for Stuart Crawford in Northern Irish points though the closest she's come to a win was at Necarne LTO when beaten just 2 1/2 lengths on "soft to heavy" ground so todays quicker conditions are probably something of a concern.

To go into a bit more detail about her two most recent runs they were both in decent times, the last run of her's (the Restricted is working out particularly well) as the winner has won twice since at fairly short prices whilst the runner-up has won three times since (most recently on Sunday at Hexham) and the fourth has won a Maiden HC and Novices HC.

Merry Minster is currently 11/2 :)

Martin

Chance Hurricane Emerald at Nottingham (3:40).

I just feel the trip could bring improvement, and dropped 2 pound in the weights with some cut in the ground could see a better run. 10/1 worth a go I think, the rest do not look up to much.

Last edited:
Thanks Martin but clearly would have needed a nuclear powered rocket up its ass to have won lol. A poor selection by my high standards.:)

I will bounce back from this.:)

Last edited:
Sri Lanka at 8/11 v Pakistan. I really like their batting line up, and I expect great things from Chandimal. Malinga plays, and Herath and Kulasekara are more than back up. Ajmal and Gul will be difficult to play, but with Matthews at 7, Sri Lanka can afford to hit their shots.

Added to this is the fact I don't like Pakistan's 2,3,4. Too slow and solid for me, not enough variety. Watch now and they will go at a strike rate of 120...

Last edited:
Well done EC.

San 6.50 Solemn Win & place.

Price has been crushed due to R4

The perceived nightmare draw is looking slightly better with the n/r's, meaning he's berthed in stall 7.

His best run over the last 12 months was on soft off a 7lb higher mark and it's simply a case of him looking over priced at 34.0.

Well done EC.

San 6.50 Solemn Win & place.

Price has been crushed due to R4

The perceived nightmare draw is looking slightly better with the n/r's, meaning he's berthed in stall 7.

His best run over the last 12 months was on soft off a 7lb higher mark and it's simply a case of him looking over priced at 34.0.

cheers mate..threw a fiver on..top call

we having it off tonight :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back