What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Baby Dottie in the 9:00 - yard flying, well handicapped, has run creditably here and may very well need soft ground on pedigree. Will also back Atlantic Cycle, purely to trade back in running.

Belmont Stakes - Dulahan - such a shame I'll have Another didn't make it which will mean Dulahan will be likely fav - He was stronly fancied before the IHA came a cropper but if the market turns in running on betfair then I'd back Dulahan after the first couple of furlongs because you probably wont hear his name until the last 2 furlongs when he flies past the field. ;)

2:00 Worcester - I'm keen on Shindig.

Originally raced in Ireland, was rated 105 over hurdles once. Not won over fences yet, but hasn't raced much over fences to be fair. Changed trainers a few times, would have definately needed the run last time, but won first time out in 2008 when winning in June at Downroyal in Ireland, so I think the fact he's still a bit fresh with just the one run in a year and a half might not hinder him too much. Might even be a good thing.
Down 10 pound since last chase run: Might not be good enough just for the win, but I get that feeling the horse will be trying today. Worth a go at 33's and wouldn't put anyone off an e/w.

Last edited:
Waiting for the ground to change before considering backing another horse...results these past few days have been strange to say the least

2:00 Worcester - I'm keen on Shindig.

Originally raced in Ireland, was rated 105 over hurdles once. Not won over fences yet, but hasn't raced much over fences to be fair. Changed trainers a few times, would have definately needed the run last time, but won first time out in 2008 when winning in June at Downroyal in Ireland, so I think the fact he's still a bit fresh with just the one run in a year and a half might not hinder him too much. Might even be a good thing.
Down 10 pound since last chase run: Might not be good enough just for the win, but I get that feeling the horse will be trying today. Worth a go at 33's and wouldn't put anyone off an e/w.

120 on exchanges:ninja:

Must have gone a lot shorter turning for home: Was travelling well I think the trip done him. Hope you traded out if you're that way inclined, Dave.

Last edited:
talking of ground conditions...these are jockey opinions after riding in the first at Worcester

Tony McCoy-"good but dead on the inside"
Aidan Coleman-"good ground"
Felix De Giles-"just on the slow side of good"
Paddy Brennan-"good/good to firm in places"

so you have g/f to g/s range

many people think this is the best way of judging the ground..so how do people make head or tail of that if you follow jockeys?

on the clock its on the slow side by the way

Last edited:
Laneguy (4:30 Wor) been dropped by handicapper quite significantly I think and will carry my money with the claimer on.

Thats it for me today.

Looking a safe wager EC.

Consistant in the 8.50 looks a fair price @ 8/1.

Possible doubt about him getting up the hill, but 2nd & 4th have come out of his last race and won and 5th and 12th both finished 2nd nto.

best bet tonight is Cashelgar in the 6.40..aw run 2 ago is far too good for these..last run over too far..has won on very slow ground before...5.3 looks a gift

O.k the turf form ain't pretty but considering half of this field have not even won their maiden you could be forgiven for thinking Three Bards has some sort of an E/W chance in the 8:20. It has won a maiden and I'm 80% sure is better than her turf form has been so far. IN other words, whatever happens, a career best on turf look on the cards!!!

The double figure prices will do for me.

Last edited:
Piscean (3.50) has improved since stepping up to 7f, and his form at the trip reads 112 (100% on AW). Jamie Spencer suits his style perfectly, and though he's already shortened, 5/1 is still more than fair.

Martin Harley was on an educational mission when he took a pull coming out of the stalls at Newmarket on Mick Channon's Jontelman. He made no effort to put the horse into the race for 4 1/2 furlongs before deciding to see what the horse could do.....no doubt he went into more than a few notebooks as the 4/1 on the machine didn't last too long.

The ground has to be a worry but he looksed the part at Newmarket. Hipster looked slow on his first run and wouldhave to improve tons. The Hannon horse looks very game but a bit too ordinary for my liking.

Jontelman - Salisbury 2.00

3.50 Brave Echo @ 15.5

You can make a case for plenty here but should hopefully get a trade out of this front runner who may well benefit from a recent break.

Form off a 6- 8 week break reads 3,1,1 and todays break is just over 8 weeks. Hopefully break from stall 1, to at least trade down.

Chance is he will set it up for the likes of Picean.

Pulled it's head off from the start, when he probably could have bagged the lead.

Finished stone last but I would still be interested when he returns over C&D, which looks likely to be in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back