What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7.00 TA AJABB can beat the fav picture dealer who looks ridiculously short on this ground. Haggas's horse ran a very good race fto behind Jack Dexter beating the rest of the field there by a mile..haggas is 5/11 here +15 lsp

Last edited:
At the start of the last jumps season Western Approaches was my number one horse to oppose on the grounds of her size and the fact that it wasn't likely to help her make it over hurdles.A half decent effort at Chtenham in October was followed by a bad fourth at Towcester-in my opinion Nicky Henderson got frustrated with her at this stage and ran her in a flat maiden at Kempton.A modest enough effort at Plumpton was enough to see her leave Hendersons stable.I see this as a massive negative as Nicky is no stranger to having a novice hurdler run during the summer months.
Has it's first run for Ian Williams in the 810 at Southwell tonight and if it's ever going to win over hurdles it will be tonight -I would imagine she will be well prepared and well supported in the market but at the same time you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear and I think she will struggle.
Will be a big lay for me at anything under 2/1 and anyone thinking they are buying money backing her for a place at around 1/3 could be in for a serious shock.

interesting Luke

of the 3 market leaders ..BLASE CHEVALIER appeals most..irish symphony looks a complete placer...bc should eat them..4.2 now..beat wa 10 lengths here on this ground in nhf race

Last edited:
Will play very late -could see it being well backed running first time for Williams.As I said the big negatives for me are leaving Henderson despite staying in the same ownership and her lack of size.

I remember you opposing her Luke, she is absolutely tiny! I was looking for something to oppose her with but the rest look useless and i was worried she might win by default

Ended up winning twoandsixpence.Wouldnt lay at 11/4 so I did a double strength place lay-early in the race I traded out of half the bet at 1.56.Put an in running back of WA at 36 which was matched a long way out an in running lay of WA at 2.12 which wasn't matched and an in running lay of the field at 1.12-first two matched.
Literally won the price of a big mac and chips.
She will be very hard to win with-unless they can find a handicap where she can carry ten stone.

Ended up winning twoandsixpence.Wouldnt lay at 11/4 so I did a double strength place lay-early in the race I traded out of half the bet at 1.56.Put an in running back of WA at 36 which was matched a long way out an in running lay of WA at 2.12 which wasn't matched and an in running lay of the field at 1.12-first two matched.
Literally won the price of a big mac and chips.
She will be very hard to win with-unless they can find a handicap where she can carry ten stone.

i don't know how she placed tbh..mine stopped though shot..which cost the place on western...dire race to watch late on..its good ground but they were in slow motion

15.20 Haydock Monicker 8/1

Although loathe to oppose Regal Aura, having backed her the last day, I believe that Monicker has a super e/w chance at 8's in this contest. Well entered up over the coming days, this superb German bred filly should relish the conditions and trip today. I will be going in strong on her today. A similar filly Cecil trained filly won the corresponding race last year, Wild Coco, and I think it will be more of the same today.

Last edited:
Watching the race as someone who watches a fair bit of American racing I made the winner odds on after a couple of furlongs due to her uncontested lead.I thought the jockey on the second got windy and rode his race too soon.I could see the runner up being 10lbs better then today's effort.

Hezmah runs in 2 minutes at Yarmouth.Had a few quid on but will be looking to lay off at short odds in runningin case she is just an unlucky horse.

Won by a head but she might be a little bit tricky and could have that ten pounds improvement that I was talking about.

15.20 Haydock Monicker 8/1

Although loathe to oppose Regal Aura, having backed her the last day, I believe that Monicker has a super e/w chance at 8's in this contest. Well entered up over the coming days, this superb German bred filly should relish the conditions and trip today. I will be going in strong on her today. A similar filly Cecil trained filly won the corresponding race last year, Wild Coco, and I think it will be more of the same today.

Chronic:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back