What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept that but I wish the coverage was put in context. Nick Luck claiming today's was a "Big day's Racing." That bugs me. I'm watching the Tennis as well and at least the commentators at Queen's admit that the action there is fairly humdrum.

Last edited:
awful can still throw up some opportunities though Euro..

3.00 Hexham..Golden Sparkle needs 3m+..but runs at 2miles...lay at 2.5

thats it for today..100 quid up and happy..no other interest today

i do know what you mean Euro..i love good races same as next person..but some days its just a money making exercise to me

Big day for the bookies as far as I'm concerned. Three horses backed today, Cape Safari, Pea Shooter and Weapon Of Choice.

All led and then went out light a flash, depressing stuff.

I was on a horse called Hazelrigg quite big yesterday and got done a sh hd. Whenever I back an Easterby horse it finds a way to get beat. Today I go against Crackenthorp and it comes back to bite be.

Anyway now thats off my chest:

Go Go Green in the 5:15 for me under the assassin to recoup some losses.

James Bond should be finished by then.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for your good luck wishes, It's been a hell of a week for me, so many ups and downs, that one wasn't meant to be for us.

Onwards to Ascot.

Our Jonathon is a bigger price than I expected it to be this morning. I know that 2/1 & 9/4 were done last night, but 15/8 seems a more than fair price.

Although the runner up from his last win failed to frank the form next time, Markab who was 4th & Cheviot 6th both won next time, whilst Medicien Man ran a good race to be third behind Mirza, after his run in 5th behind OJ.

Donny 3.35 Marvellous Value
Harmoody

Figuring out what the actual going is at the moment seems a bigger task than finding winners at the moment.

Both my picks would probably want the ground to firm up, especially the latter, but these two look to be decent prices for the rags in the races.

The fact the are totally unfancied means I will wait for prices later on betfair.

Shazhan is worth forgiving his last run on account of the ground and does actually look a fav to side with.

However, even though Harmoody is likely to be having a prep for runs at Goodwood, he simply looks a massive price ( 80 at the moment), considering his last run behind Head Space, who he re-oppsoses on 10lb better terms, plus a 7lb claim. HS looks a different horse under Ruth Carr, but it's not an impossible task for Harmoody to finish in front this time and it's also worth considering he was slowly away that day. Won off 1lb higher so current mark holds no problem.

Marvellous Value is one of the few I do catch right and even though he's a touch high in h/cap and stable mate Mass Rally finished in front lto, he looks far too big a price for a horse returning to 6f, especially with the beffair layers offering double the best price on offer.

Best of luck Doomster. Having just had a look at the race with a view to having a few quid on both of yours I quite like the other Dods runner Mass Rally.

Those two course runs at Donny at the backend of last year give it a good chance and came right back to form last time only beaten just over a length.

Maybe today could be his day.

Hopefully one of us hits the bullseye!

Good luck Marble.

Sal 2.50 Solemn Win @ 6.6 ( Trade out in running @ 2.8 & 1.41)

Having backed this last time out at big odds, I was going to overlook him today, but his draw, running style and performance in this race last year off 10-05 from a bad draw, makes him look decent trading material at least and also looks a fair bet in the place only market, if the jock ca get the fractions right on ground riding softer than expected.

Read the race totally wrong, thinking they would come over nearside.

Backed the place only @ 2.18, which seemed reasonable in a race looking suited to prominent runners.

Interesting to see E Mcmahon taking on older horses with this filly Artistic Jewel, don't think he'd come here if he didn't think she was up to a big run.

in the 4.30 Hannon has two runners ..Great Run has a sales race entry later in the year and the one Hughes rides has no future entries..had a dabble at 7.2

best win bet for me today is in the 5.05

Saratoga Slew finished behind the fav Rivas last time..that race favoured those on the pace including Rivas..SS did well to finish 3rd from the rear..easily beating the other hold up horses. This looks like being a decent pace with Amethyst & Vizean in it which will favour SS and she is also 3lb better off with the fav. Botti has a decent record here with 3yo's..whereas Wood is 0/19

Last edited:
I've taken you on EC with Vizean @ 17.0.

Not a great lot of logic but trainer coming here made me take a look ( 1 ride in previous 5 years), from 3 entries and the booking of 7lb claimer.

The fact that all three entries were all h/caps indicates they feel they have a chance off 63.

A 4 lth beating by Green Park is starting to look better with GP getting touched off yesterday and Nagheba winning earlier.

Decided I would be a backer of Compton Target if it hit 10.0.

Surprisingly the switch to Bradley may be a benefit and would be no surprise to see a change in tactics and run near the pace, which may be be a cause for concern stamina wise.

However, this does look a dire race, were few can be short listed.

Painted Tail 4.45 Carlisle. Been told this is expected today. Owner looking to take a few bob out the ring on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back