What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
good call Roddy

I don't think Kaafel is an odds on shot in the 8.20.

The last run isn't that special and this first run on slow may not suit as all runs have avoided that surface

Tom Tate won the hunt cup and i wonder if Mean It may have been working with that winner..200,000 horse running in what is an average race.

usually i would just lay this fav..but as Mean It has good positives and is only viable winner apart from the fav..have backed it to win at 4.6

Id like to distance myself from On the Bridles comments. I would like it on record that I ignored his phone call today and left it go unanswered, thus resulting in a profitable day.

I must compliment Slimchance on his fancy, It made for enjoyable viewing when i returned from a soaking at golf. I won as much in Euros as I took in shots...

Id like to distance myself from On the Bridles comments. I would like it on record that I ignored his phone call today and left it go unanswered, thus resulting in a profitable day.

I must compliment Slimchance on his fancy, It made for enjoyable viewing when i returned from a soaking at golf. I won as much in Euros as I took in shots...

:lol:

OTB has just accused me of being hammered. Do you think he's gone at the game?

Had a lengthy post ready but computer froze and it's disappeared - 15/2 about Piano Star (118 rated over fences, 110 over hurdles) is surely value in the 14:30 Hexham, particularly when you consider the jolly drops massively in grade (surely a major issue with him) and the second in was well beaten off 110 last time out (PS hurdles mark is also 110).

Martin

Had a lengthy post ready but computer froze and it's disappeared - 15/2 about Piano Star (118 rated over fences, 110 over hurdles) is surely value in the 14:30 Hexham, particularly when you consider the jolly drops massively in grade (surely a major issue with him) and the second in was well beaten off 110 last time out (PS hurdles mark is also 110).

Martin
Are you worried about Piano Star's recent point form Martin, or do you think he's merely been primed for this with a couple of quiet spins outside of BHA jurisdiction?

I wrote this race up on Friday and thought it looked very smelly. Elliott suggesting that Manger Hanagment needs a drop in grade as he's badly handicapped, but that's not borne out by his record and you may well be right that he has a problem - interesting that Piano Star runs in the colours of Sean Gallagher, who has been one of Elliott's chief patrons until recently. MH should dot up on all known form, and if he struggles behind a gambled-on Piano Star, I hope the stewards take swift action (of course they bloody won't!).

Wouldn't say primed for this merely overpriced in relation to the others - poor runs are something of a concern but ridden by a Novice Rider FTO at Oldcastle and by a moderate jockey next time.

As you say the Manger Hanagment situation looks very dodgy indeed - worth looking up another of Elliot's horses Riverscape and the price she was claimed for after winning a Claiming Hurdle at Perth a couple of years back, and then the price she was sold for less than 6 weeks later (she's unraced since that Claiming Hurdle run FWIW).

Sean Gallagher does have P2P runners in his own name and a few under rules, also has one for trainer Ado McGuinness in the opener.

Would love to know if Gallagher has anything to do with a James Ferry who was involved in the monster gamble from the Butterly yard at Lingfield in December 2010, the original jockey booked for the horse in question (Brabazon) was a Mr Graham Watters, the same Mr Watters who rode Piano Star last time out.

FWIW Manger Hanagment has already been part of some skullduggery IMO from his last run - MH was a big drifter for a 3m Novice Hurdle at Cheltenham whilst Ongenstown Lad was a very very well supported winner. Ongenstown Lad is also trained in County Meath, by a Mrs Gillian Callaghan who's the wife of Mr Pearse Callaghan who also happens to be Gordon Elliot's landlord.

They aren't averse to some cohersion there IMO - Callaghan won 2 bumpers with a horse I love called Mount Benbulben, prior to selling the horse for 200k+ to run for Barry Connell from the yard of Gordon Elliot.

Martin

FWIW Manger Hanagment has already been part of some skullduggery IMO from his last run - MH was a big drifter for a 3m Novice Hurdle at Cheltenham whilst Ongenstown Lad was a very very well supported winner. Ongenstown Lad is also trained in County Meath, by a Mrs Gillian Callaghan who's the wife of Mr Pearse Callaghan who also happens to be Gordon Elliot's landlord.
Martin
Was well aware of that, although in fairness to GE, he was very open before the race in saying that he'd seen plenty of Ongenstown Lad on the gallops and thought his fella had little chance against him, so it's not like he was facilitating a coup, and I suspect his opinions on betting.betfair.com might have also helped push the price out.

Fair enough Rory - some money for Piano Star early but not exactly a deluge and Manger Hanagment has shortened again somewhat after an initial drift. Surprised to see Lucy Alexander riding him though rather than Jason Maguire.

Martin

MH is expected to win by the lads out of Elliot's yard. Nothing funny going on.

Commanche in 5.10 at Ponty.

I thought double figures for this horse with the 4 n/r's was decent. Could have needed debut run after nearly a year off and the drop back to this stiff 6f looks ideal for this free running sort.

Anton Chigurgh is tempting on h/cap debut with a promising 2nd run, but the fact he's shorter than Commanche who at least has winning form swings it for me.

It's not that they're backing it but the opposition are so bad it should still win.

Oh he's an absolute c*** of a horse. How they won so many with him is beyond me.

He's won over 2m 5f and run well over shorter - I see the 131 rated Askanna was entered in the 18:30 Kilbeggan tomorrow (2 1/2m Handicap Hurdle), would this have been a suitable opportunity for Manger Hanagment?

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back