What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
delay on at kempton ..hope the jock is ok

6.50 Waterford Star looks well in here..beat subsequent winner last time who was racing off 4lb higher than when behind WS..won easily. makes WS look pretty good here off 55

then its football time

Planetoid ran respectably -the wide draw certainly didn't help.He might be worth keeping an eye on in his next couple of races-I'd imagine it's win or off to the sales/hurdling.

Al Muheer (3.00, Newc) is probably best at 1m nowadays, but more than not runs at 7f because of his propensity to pull at the steadier pace. However, when he does get the strong pace he needs, he is still a force to reckon with at the distance, as he showed when when running away from a good Thirsk field last month.
Today's race looks a decent opportunity, being packed with pace horses, and 12/1 clearly underestimates his excellent chance,

Good luck, Reet. I fancied Colour Guard a bit but my rationale wasn't half as strong as yours appears to be with Al Muheer.

Last edited:
I think Dutch Rose will be too good for those in the last at Newcastle..she has drifted since I backed her as the come for the Easterby yoke. Tudhope is riding very well at the moment..

Last edited:
I believe I've got a cracking E/W bet at Doncaster today (3:35).

In early June Stellar Express won two races on ground described as Gd-St at Nottingham. First up, she beat a horse called RockMe Cockney giving away lumps of weight, who went on to win next time out.

Her next Nottingham performance, where they adopted different tactics and made all, was up in class, and this time she gave weight and a beating to a horse called Negin, who won next time out.

So both wins were franked, the class two assignment she took on at Ayr last time was probably a step too far at this stage, but pitched in at class three level, this is still a filly in form to my eyes and worth a go at good odds.

I also like Jake's Destiny e/w as I think he has a chance off his handicap mark for interesting and in form trainer George Baker, so will have a saver on him: And possibly a small reverse forecast on both in the event it happens.

Last edited:
Cheers jft. It'll be hard to get the market beat but I think the chances of it happening are better than the odds suggest.

one bet tonight - Lady Kashaan 7.35 Newmarket

rapidly improving..i think this horse can win up to a mark of about 75 and so is very well in here off 65..the step up in trip is another bonus.

backed at 4.0

Chester 8:25 Ventura Spirit e/way - drop in class - drop in mark - well drawn - capable of getting a good early possie and hopefully prove too classy for these at the business end. 15.5 and 4.2ish will do me.

Edinburgh Knight clearly didn't stay in the Hunt Cup, and confirmed the earlier impression he didn't last home in the Lincoln. Considering he carried 9.10 in the latter, and travelled and looked much the likeliest winner until the distance, this poor 7f gp3 should be well within his compass.
With Hoof out for a warm-up, Libranno lacking a gear change, and the rest still to prove they're up to it, EK looks a rock-solid win and place bet at the current 8/1.

Away on holiday, but Soap Wars is a horse Ive posted on two occasions, only two be pulled on account of the ground, the last time when the horse was at the track. May well happen again, but horse clearly goes well fresh and Winston instead of hills is no problem. I'll throw in gigs pick, johannes as a saver or back up if SW is pulled.

4.40 Newmarket - Area Fifty One

Came 2nd in a fast time last run - 8 lengths clear of the field behind Navajo Chief..who must have a good chance in the John Smiths Cup in 2 weeks time.

Area Fifty One will be even better today on favoured quicker ground and favoured trip...potentially a 100/102 horse running off 92 today

a lay as well..

2.00 Newmarket..Michelangelo at 1.8...only got on top close home over 11f last time..drop back to 10 in a race that looks likely to be a tactical is a big negative

is entered in the 12f POW stakes at Newmarket..that looks more his distance imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back