What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Capall Mor. Formula. McCain plus money down.

What's the oppsite of a Eureka moment?

Last edited:
All my eggs in one basket today - I'm laying and place laying (2places betfair) Sapphire in the Pretty Polly Stakes - Although she won her group 3 easily all three of the horses behind that day ran and were beaten just as easily in a listed race next time out. In all 4 of her wins nothing has come out and won anything of note, except Quest Of Peace. Still has it all to prove imo.

Uttox 5:10 TORNADE D´ESTRUVAL - just moved from the Nicky Henderson yard and I like mares running into form this time of year - small win bet and hope new trainer can work the oracle.

Uttox 5:10 TORNADE D´ESTRUVAL - just moved from the Nicky Henderson yard and I like mares running into form this time of year - small win bet and hope new trainer can work the oracle.

good call Chef

In the last at Salisbury i'm having a small bet on La Confession...10.5

the only reason for backing is I think its odd that a horse that was keen in races was stepped up to 10f twice..ran ok in them...today is back down to 8 which looks more suitable

good call Chef

the only reason for backing is I think its odd that a horse that was keen in races was stepped up to 10f twice..ran ok in them...today is back down to 8 which looks more suitable

Gone for Tazweed e/way - too big a price for a Roger Varian runner so hope it's value - good luck - had a little saver on yours as well.

good call Chef

Unlucky mate - thought you had it - yours went 1.77 and mine 2.14 in running - shame they couldn't use the whip

Last edited:
Wolverhampton 5:15 NOBLE JACK.

Started off racing in Hannons stable but was still a maiden until sent to Gary Moore's yard two years ago winning first time out for them. Last A/W run in this country was when winning at Lingfield two years ago off an 11 pound higher mark than today. Today is the horses first run for new trainer Jo Hughes, who has had three good priced winners in the last week or so and is bang in form.

No surprise to see this horse being backed into favouritism early doors and would also be no surprise to see it start a lot shorter and win.

Pontefract 6:00 HONOURED E/W

His new trainer is trying a tongue tie on today for the first time. Formerly a Sir Mark Prescott and Nicky Henderson inmate, market support would certianly be interesting. I'm prepared to have a little e/w bet based on some decent placed form back in 2010. He is still a maiden and was last seen trailing behind in handicap hurdles, but he's only had 14 runs and no surprise to me if he ran well today at a big price.

Marble

Last edited:

Started off racing in Hannons stable but was still a maiden until sent to Gary Moore's yard two years ago winning first time out for them. Last A/W run in this country was when winning at Lingfield two years ago off an 11 pound higher mark than today. Today is the horses first run for new trainer Jo Hughes, who has had three good priced winners in the last week or so and is bang in form.

No surprise to see this horse being backed into favouritism early doors and would also be no surprise to see it start a lot shorter and win.
Marble

Easy!

Pontefract 6:00 HONOURED E/W

His new trainer is trying a tongue tie on today for the first time. Formerly a Sir Mark Prescott and Nicky Henderson inmate, market support would certianly be interesting. I'm prepared to have a little e/w bet based on some decent placed form back in 2010. He is still a maiden and was last seen trailing behind in handicap hurdles, but he's only had 14 runs and no surprise to me if he ran well today at a big price.

Marble
That was impressive M could go in again whooooosh:cool:

good un Marb :cool:

a very speculative bet in the 7.10

Baltic Flyer 26.0

this could be well in here..was fav off 65 two ago..since then has run wide over 7f in a better race than that..and then was dropped to 5f on slow at Sandown

now back to 6f in the easiest race contested..and the trainer is 3/6 recently

This is an interesting maiden in that all those who have run are below standard for a class 5 maiden. I tend to look closer at once racers and FTO's in these but even the one racers have a lot to improve to win. Again speculative but possible nice price winner could be Ed McMahon's Angelitto. Won't have to be much to win this and trainer is in sparkling form.

13.0 taken

Had a couple of quid on Vakiyla on Betfair in this 20:40, she's very well bred being a half to a Group 1 winner and a Group 3 winner (also a listed winner) and had been with one of the lesser lights of French racing prior to joining David Simcock having previously been with Alain De Royer Dupre for whom she was placed in a couple of Maidens on the AW. On that form she'd be capable of being in the shake up here and with Buick up it's worth chancing IMO :)

Martin

Cheers peeps, was a good day, if only i could get them results every day! Should have had the reverse forecast in the 6.00 at ponte with the fav that won as from the horses at the head of the market he was the one i thought could win. Paid around 90 quid to a one pound stake the forecast did. Humoured looks an improved horse and should have no problems winning a similiar event soon.

Last edited:
Brighton 4:45 - HAYMARKET. Young and unexposed, think he'll handle the track o.k and win here. If the Barney Curley horse has found one too good here its last two starts, why should I think he won't today. I can see Haymarket burning the hold up horse Shouda off today.

Last edited:
Brighton 4:45 - HAYMARKET. Young and unexposed, think he'll handle the track o.k and win here. If the Barney Curley horse has found one too good here its last two starts, why should I think he won't today. I can see Haymarket burning the hold up horse Shouda off today.

Looked at him as he was 130,000gns a couple of years ago, but left it watched as Singspiel's generally hate it soft. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back