What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to have a go at one again tomorrow. 3.50 at Catterick, Mohawk Ridge. Back down to the same mark as when winning over C&D last August, he shaped miles better than the bare form at Thirsk last week, sent for home far too soon. Under a more orthodox ride, hard to see how Bijou Dan and Dans Heir will confirm the form. Ladbrokes have gone 3's overnight. I'd suggest it might go off at closer to 7/4, and would make it even shorter than that myself.

Probably another trappy selection from me but I think Blue Cossack has a sqeak on his best form in the 7:20 at Kempton.

Looked through his form and the things that stood out were the fact he is a CD winner and just seems to always perform that bit better in class 6 company which is what he gets today.

There's some big prices knocking about and with the 8 runners he might be an e/w bet here.

Last edited:
Time to have a go at one again tomorrow. 3.50 at Catterick, Mohawk Ridge. Back down to the same mark as when winning over C&D last August, he shaped miles better than the bare form at Thirsk last week, sent for home far too soon. Under a more orthodox ride, hard to see how Bijou Dan and Dans Heir will confirm the form. Ladbrokes have gone 3's overnight. I'd suggest it might go off at closer to 7/4, and would make it even shorter than that myself.

3's didn't last long!!!

Strattford 7:10 Health Is Wealth - e/way - close 2nd in this race last year of same mark - hoping this is his target

I do love a good David Johnson smash up. I'm on board at 2/1 for an unusual size for me on an English race.

But I'm a good judge of judges.

Last edited:
I do love a good David Johnson smash up. I'm on board at 2/1 for an usual size for me on an English race.

But I'm a good judge of judges.

Have you watched the video of that Thirsk run? Amazing to think at the top of the straight that he finishes 4th.

Returns going on Rumh in the 8.00 Kempton. handicapper given big chance, an uncontested lead for Dettori up for grabs, and dominating these rather than pacemaking for Blue Nunting will be more up her street. Pedigree looks good for stamina, by Monsun, out of a dam who was related to Ardross.

Have you watched the video of that Thirsk run? Amazing to think at the top of the straight that he finishes 4th.

Returns going on Rumh in the 8.00 Kempton. handicapper given big chance, an uncontested lead for Dettori up for grabs, and dominating these rather than pacemaking for Blue Nunting will be more up her street. Pedigree looks good for stamina, by Monsun, out of a dam who was related to Ardross.

It's rare I look at tapes of UK racing but I'll make an exception in the morning.

Well done Roddy btw. The SP looks very generous considering it was 6/4 when I read your post.

best bet tonight..short but should be odds on...on at 2.2 ...Sir Mozart in the last..ran 10lbs faster than his mark on the clock + won easily..up just 6

Exactly what was in mind not the most vigorous

wasn't far off the lead turning in ..then was about 6/7 length of it in the straight..finished well

Queally one ride tonight..waiting until the last ..imo they were trying tonight but as is getting a habit with TQ keeps getting caught out by being too far off the pace at the wrong time in races

nevermind

Last edited:
wasn't far off the lead turning in ..then was about 6/7 length of it in the straight..finished well

Queally one ride tonight..waiting until the last ..imo they were trying tonight but as is getting a habit with TQ keeps getting caught out by being too far off the pace at the wrong time in races

nevermind

Pulled hard the horse didn't help but still not enamoured by ride and I'm not pocket talking as backed winner.

Dream last half hour for layers-I'd won a few quid earlier and decided to take the dog despite the mist-could have paid for a decent holiday if I'd stayed punting.Well done to anyone who won a few quid.

He's good, very good. Now can anyone explain how a 'professional' like me went into Boyles last night and backed Miss Ellany in the 3.20 @ 2/1 thinking that was the right horse :eek:

He's good, very good. Now can anyone explain how a 'professional' like me went into Boyles last night and backed Miss Ellany in the 3.20 @ 2/1 thinking that was the right horse :eek:

Cheers people.

Oh no. I did wonder when you'd said you'd taken the 2's when there was plenty of 5/2 around.

just like I was completely happy backing Greispel on the phone last night only to find out this morning I hadn't........I think it's because we are both very worried that some cunning German Lady is taking advantage of poor Del Boy over in Spain....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back