What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4:20 Joes A Boy - been off injured for 3 years and p/u on comeback run - but such a poor race I wouldn't be surprised if there was a boil over and his form from before his injury would have been good enough - risking a small win bet.

Total after timing, but I just could not get a signal on my phone.

Took the 16/1 this morning which I thought was massive, only to find it was as big as 29.0 before the off.

Quotes from last run

A smaller bet for me is Heartsong in the 5.40, but I'm waiting later before staking, probably with a 50/50 split pre race and in running.

She is small, so it may simply be a case that her two wins in April were a case that she has not developed as much as other opponents.

However, the fact that she is the outsider of 6 runners and looks to finally have her ideal conditions since her last win, makes her worth a punt.

Raised 15lb for that win, she has now come down 7lb for a string of poor runs, but you could argue she wasn't suited to any of those runs.

Unless the race cuts up further, she's worth some in running cash, as it will be no surprise if she is slowly away.

Heartsong did improve yesterday, beaten 1.5 lths and was backed late on from 22.0 into 14.0. Still worth persevering with, probably in a bigger field on softer ground, as she looks to lack any gears.

I'd be very interested to see if any market support comes for Call It On in the 3:20 at Ascot, as it would only go to increase my confidence that the horse is well handicapped and possibly on the up, for a small but shrewd trainer. Call It On does have to improve, but the last run was encouraging as the RP says, (and this shouldn't be underestimated imo). The horse may have actually improved a bit since being on the jumps by the looks of it. The trainers Phillip Kirby last five runners read 11103, including Acknowledgement who won a long distance race at Ayr last week: He's definately a trainer in form and Spencer is a good booking here.

Last edited:
2:10 Woodlandsway e/way - Oasis Dream progeny do well at Ascot and it's not uncommon for the Hannon 2nd string to run well especially when ridden by Ryan Moore.

Little lucky 15 on these today:

Ascot
2:50 Rawaki (Balding a trainer to follow:))
3:25 Sans Loi (NAP) (Can't remember why)
4:00 Hilsworth Glenboy (Can't remember why)
Curragh
5:00 Cul a Dun (popped up at a big price once or twice before, Joey O Brien on board.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back