What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look of the nursery Salford Art ran in last time out at Newmarket. Good form, good time and he looks as if he'll be suited by the step up to a mile back at the same track this afternoon.

Thanks to Grey and Swedish; I had a small interest in all three of those yesterday. Great tipping/info chaps, keep it up!

There's always a nagging sense of annoyance, though, when you have three bets and three winners that you didn't have the foresight to put them in a treble. Would have been 215-1 that one...

I like the look of the nursery Salford Art ran in last time out at Newmarket. Good form, good time and he looks as if he'll be suited by the step up to a mile back at the same track this afternoon.

Have you been told to back it though Gus, or is based on your own opinion?
:whistle:

It's not very original, as I see he's been well backed this morning, but I like the look of Ogee at Ffos Las today.

Goes well on the ground, goes well fresh, and runs off a reasonable mark. 4-1 looks more than fair.

Continuing the theme of incredibly well bred Godolphin 2yos, Lyric of Light is very interesting today - out of Suez, runner up in the Cheveley Park, this should go really well. With the right trainer of the 2 as well (an astonoshing £116.77 lsp this season!).

It's not very original, as I see he's been well backed this morning, but I like the look of Ogee at Ffos Las today.

Goes well on the ground, goes well fresh, and runs off a reasonable mark. 4-1 looks more than fair.

I have to confess to having an e/way on Roddy's Quatrocento in this as I think he's well in but the rain could be getting into the ground and that could be a negative.

I also heard 5:25 Cold Mountain was pulling his work riders hands out earlier this week but he's another who needs fast ground so I'll be watchig the times of the races there.

Last edited:
From NTD Website

4.15 - Battlecry races off of a mark of 111 today, a long way below the 146 peak of a couple of years ago. His placed record over the last couple of years suggests he's not lost enthusiasm and as he's still only 10 years old, should still have something in his locker. From his lowest mark ever, we would like to think that he has a very good chance of taking this.

Continuing the theme of incredibly well bred Godolphin 2yos, Lyric of Light is very interesting today - out of Suez, runner up in the Cheveley Park, this should go really well. With the right trainer of the 2 as well (an astonoshing £116.77 lsp this season!).

Good call Hamm! Looks like a nice prospect.

Playtime again.

Goodwood
2.15 Eternal Heart
2.50 Lady Gorgeous n/r, so My Queenie
3.20 Set The Trend
3.50 Webbow

Beverley
2.35 Polish World
3.05 Las Verglas Star
3.35 Breathless Kiss

Last edited:
Is Poets Voice a good thing today? 7/4 seems a decent price for him to be 85% fit....

As the only gp1 winner in the field; with no penalty and ideal c/d and ground I'd say so!

Godolphin have also farmed Windsor's Winter Hill Stakes, and though Frankie tranfers there to ride Prince Bishop, I'd be more interested in Simon De Montfort, in the same ownership.
Backed him lto when unlucky to be brought down from behind, with Mickael Barzalona's clear frustration illustrating what he'd thought of his chances.
Quirky horse who needs kid glove handling, but KF's done the job on him before, and is 2 out of 3 for the trainer this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back