What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general feeling from the camp is the horse should take well to fences, will go very nicely, and they hope not to hit the front before the last. That said its competitive and the horse will have bigger days so the main thing is to come back safe and sound. Usual stuff.

Dr Tommy, best price currently 4/1, looks a possibility in the last at Clonmel this evening. He has respectable bumper form this summer. He finished in front of Maller Tree at Killarney, a horse that has won since and had been in the frame several times beforehand. Dr Tommy has himself won since, at Kilbeggan, in a race where he beat a wandering Flycorn. That horse too has consistent form in bumpers.

The horses ahead of him in the betting are opposable. In A Nutshell has been second four times in a row and has been a short-priced favourite for the last three of them. I doubt he will enjoy tonight's faster ground either.

Peaks Of Fire ran only a few days ago at Downpatrick, and the RPRs for that race look to be about 10lbs too high. Even if I'm wrong about that, there is still a good chance that Dr Tommy is better than him.

The one that I'd be afraid of is Prince Chapparal. Maybe they've been able to improve his jumping during his time off since May. If he could fully translate his flat ability to hurdling he would be better than these, and he also has the advantage of being a year older than the rest of the field.

I have put the pair into a small reverse forecast just in case, but provided he jumps ok Dr Tommy has a good chance of taking this.

Neither In A Nutshell or Prince Chapparal have been awarded handicap marks yet despite having three or more runs over hurdles, Peaks of Fire is rated 110. Dr Tommy would not need to be anything special to beat that rating. I don't think Flynn's will be primed as per my first line and Byrne's yoke is pretty average too. By default I will follow you in and destroy any chance Dr Tommy has of winning the race.:rolleyes:

Nothing surprising there. McCoy assualted the last fence and got a better stride. Short run in and the favourite beat on merit on the day

Neither In A Nutshell or Prince Chapparal have been awarded handicap marks yet despite having three or more runs over hurdles, Peaks of Fire is rated 110. Dr Tommy would not need to be anything special to beat that rating. I don't think Flynn's will be primed as per my first line and Byrne's yoke is pretty average too. By default I will follow you in and destroy any chance Dr Tommy has of winning the race.:rolleyes:

Good ,that's my excuse sorted if I need one.

I'm running out of excuses for Cat Fire. She looked a complete non stayer (or she is just treless) and another drop in the handicap coming up.

Good ,that's my excuse sorted if I need one.

What exactly did you do to that horse? It stutters into the early jumps, tries to run out at the bend past the stands, gets lonely in front but surrenders when passed... A bit of a thinker.

What exactly did you do to that horse? It stutters into the early jumps, tries to run out at the bend past the stands, gets lonely in front but surrenders when passed... A bit of a thinker.

I could stop a revolution at the moment!

Playtime again!

Haydock
1.40 Nomoreblondes - beat 1, which was a n/r.
2.10 Pavershooz - beat 2, of which 1 was a n/r
3.10 Cornus
3.40 Ganas
4.10 Bawaardi
4.40 Carter
5.10 Dhaular Dhar
usual absence of reasons

Last edited:
Only one horse for me today, The Gosden horse in the 4.40. Prices are all gone but fully expected to get it done.

Double it with the German in the Golf if ye like!

Only one horse for me today, The Gosden horse in the 4.40. Prices are all gone but fully expected to get it done.

Double it with the German in the Golf if ye like!

I dont believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better believe it my man!!!!

I'll be on course today and as well as Dream Ahead in the big one I'll be backing Shernando and Blissful Moment in the Old Borough Cup. The former should improve for the step up in trip and is in form having won nicely just last week and the latter's run in the Ebor should be ignored as it was a very tough ask given his relative inexperience.

I'm following over a cliff the form of the nursery won by Pimpernel at Newmarket recently so Nimiety is a must-bet for me at Haydock in the 4.05 event. I thought Four Nations should have won at Donny last time out and he will carry my money in the last. I quite like Together's chance at Lepardstown too.

Speculative outsider in the 4:05 at Dundalk. Horsewithnoname ran very well back in Galway after a lay off when he was very sick during the summer. He has always looked an out and out stayer (some would say slow) and his first try at 2 miles today will suit him down to the ground. Goldplated certainly upheld the form yesterday and at 16/1 it's a juicy price!

Took it up turning in - I wonder what price he traded in running - almost collapsed close home and was inevitably run out of it and finished fourth!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back