What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was backing over 14L distances at Carlisle and having watched the first race make-up at 5L I thought I'd check what the target was at York that I'd doubled it up with, only to find I have instead (in error) backed over 10L at York and the double - more haste less speed required for bets placed so near to the first race......

Last edited:
Don't worry, Steve, Seville will give you 7 lengths! :)

Sea Moon to the rescue!

It appears that all's well that ends well, without counting chickens, York is 9.55/3 and Carlisle 12.25/3 with 10 & 14 the target for the bets mentioned - I also have Carlisle over 15 which would be cherry on icing etc..

Roddy's WYGIGO, OTB's ZHUKHOV, the Songsheet-bred AVONBRIDGE, all @ £5 e/w in a cunning plan. Only thing was, Sunderlands didn't have any Irish prices in, so I've taken potluck on the SPs. Barbados, here I come...

Sea Moon to the rescue!

It appears that all's well that ends well, without counting chickens, York is 9.55/3 and Carlisle 12.25/3 with 10 & 14 the target for the bets mentioned - I also have Carlisle over 15 which would be cherry on icing etc..

home & hosed and some icing on the horizon.

I'm doing Kashmir Peak, Boom to Bust double at Bellewstown.

Hopefully a nice opening double for Lyons and Murtagh.

home & hosed and some icing on the horizon.

Some of the icing going on the distances at Hereford this evening - over 43 at 7/4 the best quote with Blue Sq, VCbet as high as over 49 for the same price. The spread is 38.5-42.5, there are a couple of good races in the early part of the card, hopefully not needing too much from AP on the last two fav's..

Some of the icing going on the distances at Hereford this evening - over 43 at 7/4 the best quote with Blue Sq, VCbet as high as over 49 for the same price. The spread is 38.5-42.5, there are a couple of good races in the early part of the card, hopefully not needing too much from AP on the last two fav's..

40 - some heavily eased winners left us with too much to ask from the master of easing down, AP, in the last 2. Close, but not enough..

BOOM TO BUST - nice result.

Trudi and I won't be opening up our tipping line just yet, I'm afraid. WYGIGO looked unhappy throughout and NOVABRIDGE's 3rd was the stunning result of the night for me. Fantastic. Not.

Playtime again!

All at the Knavesmire ..

200 Warlu Bay 11/1 <<<<< kiss of death from Tom Segal :(
230 Justineo 7/1 <<<<<< kiss of death from that ATR bloke :(
305 Penitent 14/1
340 Margot Did 25/1
415 Crying Wolf 13/2
450 Perfect Silence 20/1

one of these days ... I'm going to wake up singing

So may we all!

Last edited:
Having endured a shocking York so far I feel the need to have one last go at getting it back tomorrow.

Harris Tweed could be a very useful recruit to the staying ranks with his most impressive victory so far on this ground at Newmarket over 1m 6f. He wasnt stopping that day and I think he can turn over the quite likeable Opinion Poll. His last run against Await the Dawn was a serious run despite what happened during the week.

Tornado Dancer has a right chance off 79 in the 6f handicap at the Curragh tomorrow. He ran back a bit quicky after his very decent Fairyhouse run up the Curragh in a very good Rockingham. He has had a nice break between times which will help him as he suffers from stiff joints. He is drawn perfectly and any rain will be to his further advantage. He is a decent EW bet.

Couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat recently but the tide will turn tomorrow!

Last edited:
Playtime again.

York.
200 Doncaster Rover / Majestic Myles / Himalya

230 Admiral Of The Red / Apache / Parlour Games

305 Blue Bajan / Allied Powers / Bergo

340 Fox Hunt / Halicarnassus / Harlestone Times

415 Church Music / Factory Time / Last Bid

All in exoticas.

Sandown, just to complete the Scoop 6:

215 Circumvent / Fallen Idol / Malthouse

320 Heavenly Dawn / Raihana / Brevity

Last edited:
Sandown's stiff track will suit Chain Lightning (2.15) much bettter than Goodwood's sharp 10f did lto.
Bemused by jockey bookings initially, but I guess Pat Dobbs can't do the weight, so looks worth a punt at the current 5/1.

He went straight into my notebook after his win on the course in April. The handicapper only raised him six pounds for what was a comfortable victory and I backed him in the Hunt Cup, but he's gone up another six pounds since that effort. Enough to put me off at the price in theory, but I'm on a losing run and having backed Fox Hunt (another on my list from way back) in the Ebor I'm not sure I can handle watching CL win and him lose. Especially as my reasons for not backing Hannon's horse kind of apply to Fox Hunt as well (steadily climbing OR without winning). Damn.

Worth noting that Bolger has won the last four runnings of the fillies race at the curragh today. Only 1 was unraced so might not be his usual type but Cleofila worth a second look.

Quality call Sir!!

Had a good place bet on it at nearly 3/1. Then they said it had run loose so laid off half at 7/2 before most realised. Drifted out to 6s for a place......a place. It was only 9s on betfair to win! Should have gone in heavy again. Ok coz I laid Riviera Poet in the Futurity. Weld just does not win races in the Curragh......7% strike rate. Leopardstown a different kettle of fish altogether.

Last edited:
Well spotted Cantoris.I was laying Weld favourites at The Curragh for decent amounts 3 years ago and it seemed like a licence to print money.I think he is doing better the last 2 seasons but he obviously still has his moments.
I was like that guy out of the Shawshank Redemption today-I had to swim through a river of brown smelly stuff before everything was allright at the end of the tunnel.
Looked like doing serious damage to myself financially before laying Restoration at 2/9 just before he hit the deck.Then I decided I was going to do a forecast -rare event-came in at 44/1.
Was nicely ahead before 610 at Bath but I had a good bet on the Prescott horse.Cashed out at that point.
It's a lunatics game.

Just a little bit.I remember him running in his first race as a 3yo.
1/25 in running today -anyone who took that got what they deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back