What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my eye on him, Chef. This is what I said before his Irish debut at Galway:

In the opener, Acapulco Gold looks interesting. Form from the French provinces tends to pass under the radar, but his looks decent, and he sold for 85k last November. Bet365's 20/1 (they are going one quarter the odds for a place) looks very fair.

And last time out:

I fancied this fellow in a maiden hurdle at Galway which turned out to be much too hot, but I'm going to give him another chance tonight in an easier looking race at Ballinrobe. The 12/1 with Bet365 has just gone, but 10s might still be interesting.

I think he can win again today, but it's a tougher race and the price is not that attractive.

I've had my eye on him, Chef. This is what I said before his Irish debut at Galway:

In the opener, Acapulco Gold looks interesting. Form from the French provinces tends to pass under the radar, but his looks decent, and he sold for 85k last November. Bet365's 20/1 (they are going one quarter the odds for a place) looks very fair.

And last time out:

I fancied this fellow in a maiden hurdle at Galway which turned out to be much too hot, but I'm going to give him another chance tonight in an easier looking race at Ballinrobe. The 12/1 with Bet365 has just gone, but 10s might still be interesting.

I think he can win again today, but it's a tougher race and the price is not that attractive.

I though it rung a bell - I remember reading that - Cheers Grey, job done again although a little close for comfort.

Last edited:
I'm having another go at Tina's Spirit in the nursery at Windsor this evening. She let me down at Goodwood last time but has been dropped 3lbs for that and her earlier Newbury form looks very good in the context of tonight's race.

swedish chef;431626 Here Now And Why - Having his third run for trainer after a poor campaign in Ireland. Has been gambled on both his runs so far and this step up to 7f with cut should suit. On a very nice mark and is being backed again as I type. A winner waiting to happen imo. 5/1[/QUOTE said:
Put this up on it's last run - missed it today and it goes in at 8/1 :lol::mad:

Leicester 3:00 Song Of Parkes - had a very good word for this horse although the price has gone - also a word to follow the trainers horses tomorrow. I'll see how this one gets on first.

Barton Stacey ought to win the opener at Worcester today. He is a 6/4 favourite, but with only one horse to worry about he ought to be odds on if his form in bumpers holds up now that he tackles hurdles.

His main opponent is Broughtons Point, who probably won't be quite good enough even if he translates all his flat ability to hurdling. It is also likely that he needs a stiffer trip over hurdles than he gets today.

May I ask why?!

Well, as long as you don't repeat it or tell anyone else ..

It's my wife's birthday tomorrow and I'm in some twee town with taste shortages everywhere.

So, that's the card scuppered. They're all 'for my husband' 'for our son' 'on your 50th' and there's 2 shops both the same twaddle cards.

I couldn't find any jewellery at this stage & anyway pink or shiny sparkly stuff isn't what's wanted.

Seeing this coming anyway & having made the desparing journeys to the 3 shops, I'd in any case resolved to find a maiden maiden at an outlandish price.

When I say 'maiden maiden' I mean unraced, except for a non-start in this case, so that's good, got some racecourse experience ha ha.

Besides, bred for further than the 6f non-race she first entered up in ...

So, the plan must have been to put her in at 6f, watch her fail at that (but she didn't) then run her at her true distance & empty the satchels.

I could be Dick Francis, this is all such fiction!

:D

It's worth a grand if the impossible happens ... yes there's a hot-pot to overcome, but it's My Wife's Birthday tomorrow & I'd love to hand over 1000 notes.

4:20 Drill Sergeant
8:05 Painted Sky

Been told they won't be beat but the last one from this source was, so don't go mad if you back them.

I have been told that Sword Of Honour is expected to go well in the bumper at Killarney.

Well done Chef, interesting to see how the other one does tonight now!

Grey, that's interesting alright. I'd like the look of him to be honest, out of a two time Group one winner. Funny jockey booking for the stable and owner though...very strange. It looks a hot enough bumper for this time of year too. Fancy your fella and Ascende e/w.

I have been told that Sword Of Honour is expected to go well in the bumper at Killarney.

Jumped off the page to me.I will say one thing about Flynns horses-the market isn't always a good guide.A friend of mine would be a close personal friend of Flynn but I have never had anything resembling a decent tip from the yard.

Well Done! I got a text (probably the same one) but dismissed it. How impressive was that given that the 2nd was well fancied?

That was very impressive, I would say. He fought the jockey the whole way round until the top of the straight. Once he let him go it was immediately over, he was in a completely different league to his opposition.

That was very impressive, I would say. He fought the jockey the whole way round until the top of the straight. Once he let him go it was immediately over, he was in a completely different league to his opposition.

With the colours and all that it reminded me off a horse called Rhinestone...

The famine is over - not even my money could stop him! He must be one of those machines - the price was huge which is hard to believe with his breeding and obviously how well he must have being going at home. Another Montelado perhaps?

Cheers Grey!!! Legend

Well done Grey and Swedish Chef!! Unreal stuff lads, thats what its all about. Have had a shocking run, but decided to have two singles and an ew double on these two. Couldnt believe it when the second one won, thats how bad my luck had been!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back