What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume you are involved in some way Gamla Stan-if so no offence intended.
Kingscote might be the stable jockey but he is no stranger to getting jocked off if connections feel the need to do so.
I was incorrect to say awkward but I feel he was unlucky in his first 2 races this season and horses that are visually unlucky are usually overbet in their next race.

I'm the "racing manager" for the syndicate. Company MD owns 9% and I own 1% but I run it all really as Ben is clueless about racing!

Wasn't offended at all, just thought it was unfair to label him awkward. He was very unlucky at Chester, the ride was questionable (I'll be diplomatic after a Twitter furore!) but he was v genuine and just bumped into a well handicapped one at Ascot. I think Thursday just came too quick for him after Ascot and Chester. He's been a very injury prone horse but is incredibly genuine and game.

I really rate Kingscote and the only reason he went to Haydock was that the yard had more runners there. Obviously, Ryan Moore was a replacement we snapped up!

Once upon a time I said something to someone about a horse they were involved with which was misunderstood.In my opinion it was an innocent comment but in hindsight it could have been perceived as a snide comment -ten years later I am still kicking myself for making the comment.
I know how sensitive people can be about their horses ( and rightly so).

Just watched Joseph O'Brien nearly get Cristoforo Colombo killed going for a run up the inside rail which was never there. Horse clipped heels and came down. Lucky but stupid boy.

Just watched Joseph O'Brien nearly get Cristoforo Colombo killed going for a run up the inside rail which was never there. Horse clipped heels and came down. Lucky but stupid boy.

If anyone goes 40/1 for the Guineas I'm all in.

Ayr 3:50 Kai Broon to win - this horse hasn't run on the flat for 3 years but has improved 20lb over hurdles and fences - could be very well in if translating that form to the flat.

Ayr 3:50 Kai Broon to win - this horse hasn't run on the flat for 3 years but has improved 20lb over hurdles and fences - could be very well in if translating that form to the flat.

Huge drift - hope it still has four legs (and hope you backed it 'best odds guaranteed')!

Yarmouth 5:35 Performing Rocket 14/1 Stan James 5pts win

Small win bet on a value outsider who on form lines should not be winning but Trainers last 5 runners have won and this horses best two runs have come after a break.

Just btn on debut and won first time out this season - hasn't seen the track since March.
Outsider of 5 runners value bet.

Noble Storm - great record over 5f on fast ground - 8lb better of with the fav for a 1.5 beating last time - stable in good form at a track where they do well with older horses

4.0 on bfair

I wouldn't like to be backing Western Approaches to carry a penalty in the 810.Hopefully I will get the chance to lay at odds on-maybe even a place lay at1/5- wouldn't be surprised to see a complete boil over in this race.

I wouldn't like to be backing Western Approaches to carry a penalty in the 810.Hopefully I will get the chance to lay at odds on-maybe even a place lay at1/5- wouldn't be surprised to see a complete boil over in this race.

That has more or less put an end to a good patch that has lasted since Cheltenham.Still a bullet in the gun but I will need a miracle.

Are there plans afoot ?

No, was just thinking about Piri Wango. Knew a big run was expected last night but was just hoping Good would be in the description. On balance (from your post) I took the risk there would be. Turns out he was still good enough on Soft. He'll be a cracking horse on top of the ground!!!

Newbury 3:25 - Ardlui ran a very good race this time of year last season when getting placed in the Melrose Handicap. Since left Henry Candy's yard to go to Alan King. Didn't set the world alight over hurdles but only win did come here at Newbury which isn't a negative. The Melrose was a class two handicap, so the horse is down in grade here. I'd like to see them make use of the fact he'll probably get the trip (Melrose Stakes was a furlong further) and if he's up there he might be hard to peg back. 12/1 looks a very generous price to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back