What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of short runners worth looking at opposing today Sweet My Lord and Marlay Park at Tramore.
Tarla looks an absolutely outstanding bet at Roscommon tonight but I am reliably told that Moon Dice is in good form at home.Not sure if I should back him each way or to finish second to Tarla.

Thirsk 3:00 - Whozthecat has loads of 2nds and 3rds to his name, but is down to his lowest ever mark and therefore has to be considered. He's been making the running the last few times, and the drop to 5F on good ground at a track and distance he's won at before in the past, could see him improve those extra few pounds he needs to get his head in front. These are probably his ideal conditions now. At around 14's he is a good left-field choice in the race.

top call..had a dabble :cool::cool:

Cheers, EC1. I don't often feel my reasoning or rationale is that strong but I did feel that one had a huge chance if I'd assessed him correctly.

I was tempted to put at the bottom of my post 'this is a Marble special' but thought better:)

Last edited:
4.20 Hawk Moth isn't well drawn but drops into 0-65 here and record here is very good...11.5 is decent

I backed this one myself EC. Noticed it's two previous wins over C&D were from poor draws.

I was happy to take on fav on faster surface, but trainer change was what I didn't take into account.

ran a good race Doomster..draw did beat it imo

Urban Space is a lay tonight imo in the 6.30..the ground will be too quick for it..i've layed at 2.5

Tarla looks an absolutely outstanding bet at Roscommon tonight but I am reliably told that Moon Dice is in good form at home.Not sure if I should back him each way or to finish second to Tarla.

It's a pity Moon Dice fell, the race was about to get interesting

Fluidity in the 3:30 at Gowran tomorrow looks good to me.
Unexposed 3yo, not dissimiliar to the favourite, but 5 times the price. Demolished a field by 8 lengths earlier in the year. I'll eat my hat if this one is a 9's chance.

Brighton 3:15 - Sweet Liberta doesn't have great form to date. My four reasons for choosing this horse is 1) Balding genuinely seems like a trainer to watch these days, he's in blinding form 2) The horse goes left handed for the first time on only its sixth start 3) The horse has raced prominently in last couple of runs and a track like Brighton might suit.
4. I don't fancy any of the others and therefore by default I think the chances of Sweet Liberta winning the race increase.

Any market support would make the horse of more interest.

Last edited:
Was out cycling didn't see the race-hopefully a dry autumn will see him back in the winners enclosure.

Moon Dice would have won easy imo..the winner went fast early and Moon Dice was only horse to go with him..took the lead and fell. Over the last two hurdles the winner looked tired

Though beaten 7l lto, Devotion (3.00.Gow) finished close behind some classy fillies, and that rates probably the best form in the race.
The combination of better ground and drop in trip should bring enough improvement to see her home from this bunch.

Fluidity in the 3:30 at Gowran tomorrow looks good to me.
Unexposed 3yo, not dissimiliar to the favourite, but 5 times the price. Demolished a field by 8 lengths earlier in the year. I'll eat my hat if this one is a 9's chance.

Luvly jubly....:)

i missed seeing that one Marb :(

8.00 Mabels Song on my calcs this horse is at least a 70 horse and gets in here very lightly off 60..currently 5.9 on betfair..should get plenty of support..Candy does well here with his 3yo's

Well done again Marble.

8.00 Mabels Song on my calcs this horse is at least a 70 horse and gets in here very lightly off 60..currently 5.9 on betfair..should get plenty of support..Candy does well here with his 3yo's

I can't claim any aftertiming, as I backed Simply as the pick of the 3yo's and Goldenveil ( simply being off 53 from the Fahey yard, he can't have many), but I took a look at the Candy stable, which are going well, but his 3yo's all seem to be winning over shorter trips. Might simply be a short term blip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back