What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilbeggan 4:40 Billyjoes Leader 2pts e/way - probably no chance but trainer has a 50% strike rate in hurdles at the course with 3 wins from 6 runners - 55.0 win and 10.5 place on betfair.

7.20 Surge Ahead doesn't have a stiff task here and Buick is 7/11 for the trainer and 2/4 on owners 2yo's

6.6 on bfair

Last edited:
one more go.8.20....dunlop in good form and has a great record with FTO 2yo's over 6+7f on the AW..10/55

Hanzada..225000 horse here against nothing special..currently 10.0

Well done LUKE

Thirsk 4:35 Genius Step 10pts e/way 8.4 betfair - I like the fact they are going for a hcap after just 2 runs

have shoved 20 quid on each of Hughes mounts tonight..the two for Nicholls are most interesting ones

7.00 FIFTEEN TWO 8.0
8.00 JACK DAWKINS 7.2
8.30 KINGS ROAD 4.2
9.00 SILKEN SATINWOOD 12.0

missed the 6.30 out for some reason

I know the feeling EC

I made a note of the 7 Bailey/ Evans horses running today, simply on trainer form, especially the former.

Neighbour calls and I miss the first one win @ 12/1.

Interesting to find out why Bishopbriggs got pulled in the 7.00.

Court Applause looks in decline but his best form came on this surface and at only 3lb higher than his win here over 5f, I think 34.0 is too big.

Court Applause looks in decline but his best form came on this surface and at only 3lb higher than his win here over 5f, I think 34.0 is too big.

Finished 4th. The front runners were given fat too easy a time and CA had little chance when the gap appeared.

Because mckay probably backed the winner!!:ninja:

Bishopbriggs will be dropping a few more pounds yet,i've explained the kirby mckay connection before you came on here fella.Can't remember where i posted it but best not to bring it back up for when this is worth backing.;)

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/?va=LIN_2009_12_30_04_1355

Watch kirby in the above race over 7fs,he trys to go overly quick on bishopbriggs in this race hits the straight and realizes its full of running and takes a pull 1 1/2 furlongs out one of the funniest things i've ever seen.Watch the horse lose no ground and still got loads in the tank,priced up 10/1 the night before running at wolves on next run, it was blatently obvious that was the race we got the 10s it hacked up at 7/2.They'll be going along a similar campaign for it,wouldn't have been the right race for it tonight far to competitive.

I was trying to be a little ironic. If there was ever a league table of withdrawals, he'd be a contender.

I was guessing the other definite front runner (and winner) wouldn't play ball.

19:00 - THE CLEANDOMAIN HANDICAP STAKES (CLASS 6)
Bishopbriggs (USA)
Declared at: 08/09/2012 17:59
Reason: Self Cert (Coughing)

Thanks for the video mate. The other extreme was when Kirby battered the horse from start to finish. I can't remember if that was the race were he did the fist pump crossing the line.

I will probably be accused of ramping with these, but I think I'm either dreaming or still drunk, as I was hoping to find something solid, but the two picks I've found are trading way above what I expected.

York. 1.50 Winged Icarus. W&P

I was initially looking to take this on in the place market, expecting it to be around 7/1, on the basis of his 12 lth win lto, on fibresand.

I'm amazed to see it at 16/1/23.0 (ex price). The race is full of potential improver's, but there is nothing to suggest WI cannot go on from his last run, when breaking the track record.

The assumption seems to be, he's a fibresand horse, who has been crippled by the 20lb hike, but his opening mark of 55 could be argued to be a rick and it possibly may have a case of improving because of the visor, rather than the surface.

Nothing to suggest from sire he won't handle today's fast ground and Winston jumping ship looks to a case of loyalty to Swinbank. Fortune takes over who is 2/3 this season for trainer.

Open race, but simply a case of looking way too big to me.

York 5.05 Sedgewick W&P

Another horse I thought would be around mid div in the betting, yet is the complete outsider at 33/1/ 50ish.

Looks a case of being priced on his last bad run when behind many of these, which is an obvious concern, but theres a chance he's better on faster ground, even though his profile suggests he's a better a/w horse and the step up in trip will suit much more. For a horse that is 2/5 over the last 5 months, winning both off 63, todays task off 68 on this ground looks no impossible task.

If she also get a more prominent position, I would probably play again in running.

Been looking forward to the Irish debut of Declaration of War who runs in the Solonoway against win machine Famous Name. Incredibly impressive when winning in France he might give Famous Name a race.

Winged Icarus was pulled on account of the ground being too fast.

Gone for a small W&P bet on Desert Romance in the 3.30, at 19.0/4.0.

This is possibly his ideal conditions, although you could argue he wants to dictate in small fields.

However, his last 3 runs over 10f on g/f, were off marks of: 92,89,84.

Takes his chance today off 76.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back