What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3:40 Sudden Light - small e/way - stable in great form - horse has no form but first run in a h'cap - we live in hope.

4:15 Zepnove - small e/way - has won over C/D off a mark I've calculated as 91 - with claimer today is running off 62 and dropped down from 3m2f to 2m2f today - would have a good shout if putting best foot forward. A big if but not impossible. 5pts e/way.

Curragh 5:25 - Sense Of Purpose 5pts win - this race is named after the trainer Dermot Weld's star, Profound Beauty and the trainer has already won another race named after his star, Refuse To Bend. Can lightning strike twice? Up against some unexposed 3yo's who are getting the w/f/a/ allowance it won't be easy but a fare few of them are out of the h'cap so I'm hoping the trainer has S.O.P. spot on today. 9/2 PP

I'm having a stake saver on the two John Oxx horses as the trainer has a good line on most of the field with some of his other runners and also a 1pt comb f/c.

Sense Of Purpose 5pts win
Katiola 2pts win
Hay Point 1pt win

1pt comb f/c

5:45 Miss Mayfair 16/1 2pts e/way - well btn 3rd L/T/O but form boosted by 1st and 2nd winning N/T/O - trainer Lawney Hill has a good strike rate at Fontwell as well as 1 from two in bumpers at the track. Hopeful of at least a place although trainer has only had the horse for 6 days from Tim Vaughan. 10lb claimer riding but is very inexperienced.

York. 1.50 Winged Icarus. W&P
n/r.

York 5.05 Sedgewick W&P
3rd @ 28/1

Bath 3.20 Comptonspirit e/w @ 33/1

Horse has form of 2(71),3(74), Won(64) over C&D on g/f and firm, albeit in small fields.

Excuses for recent runs, so worth a pop at 33's.

Fancy that myself Doomster (apologies in advance) - was actually off 74 when she won last year and back down off 70 now, as you say a very good record at the track and still 25/1 available.

Think Bilash can go well at a big price there too - another who's run well at Bath in the past and looks on a fair mark, worrying that his only wins have both come at Nottingham (off 66 in 2011 and in May off 63) but 33/1 looks big as he was running over the wrong trip IMHO last time out and needs 6f these days (just shy of that here).

York 5.05 Sedgewick W&P

Another horse I thought would be around mid div in the betting, yet is the complete outsider at 33/1/ 50ish.

Looks a case of being priced on his last bad run when behind many of these, which is an obvious concern, but theres a chance he's better on faster ground, even though his profile suggests he's a better a/w horse and the step up in trip will suit much more. For a horse that is 2/5 over the last 5 months, winning both off 63, todays task off 68 on this ground looks no impossible task.

If she also get a more prominent position, I would probably play again in running.

Well done with that one, Doomster.

I've put Casela Park up at Galway as my nap today. Has some sort of a chance on the book and has been backed across the boards already and will probably only shorten up further. Looks a horse to back either for the straight win or to lay off in running (should we witness the antics previously seen with this horse again).

Last edited:
"Well done us" Irish.

The OR marks I was referring to were for 6f. My delight was dampened when I realised my shortlist of 4, came 1st,2nd, 3rd and last, with the t/c paying £4300.

Of course I didn't have a bean on it.

N Abbott 4:10 Changing The Guard looks the clear form choice but Vertige Dore has chances - Vertige Dore has the form in the book if reproducing his form he showed for Paul Nicholls which he hasn't so far (now with D Pipe).

Changing The Guard 5/2 10pts win
Vertige Dore 9/1 3pts win

1pt r/f/c

"Well done us" Irish.

The OR marks I was referring to were for 6f. My delight was dampened when I realised my shortlist of 4, came 1st,2nd, 3rd and last, with the t/c paying £4300.

Of course I didn't have a bean on it.

Ah apologies - I misunderstood. She seems to like it at Bath - out of the frame once in six starts there now :)

Redcar 5.30 Who's Shirl W&P

Poor price for a horse that has failed to get in the frame over todays 7f in 10 attempts, but the RP spotlight probably won't help and it's got plenty of time to drift.

Very few runs this season and you can reduce the number of bad 7f runs through her career, for a variety of reasons.

Her two runs over 7f on p/t last backend ,also give me hope and he last run wasn't a total flop on the back of a 3 month lay off.

Question is whether she retains enough ability off 70 today and the rain stays away.

Kempton 6.15 Tingo In The Tale W&P @ 30/6.8

I've struggled to find anything, but TITT is worthy of a pick just for it's acronym and would not be a massive shock to get at least placed on his polytrack form.

It is a tough race with a decent looking fav and 4 horses trying a h/cap for the first time.

what a tool..i just been talkin about Bedazzled's race with Martin which i highlighted on this thread..livias dream finished 3rd in that race beaten 9 lengths

You put it on daily picks,i noticed the run but forgot was looking at tomorrows racing plus i just checked last nights prices 14/1 365!!:eek:

Dana's Present looks a solid, worthy fav in the last at Kempton.

But I'm gonna have a few bob on Capriska at a monster price of around about 20/1.

Only had six runs, but showed promise when 3rd at Redcar in May behind a horse now rated in the mid 70's. Anything like that translated to the A/W would see a big run here.

Basically, I don't buy the idea construed by the odds that this horse is hopeless and has no chance. He'll surely have his day at some point, and worth a dig at 20/1 tonight.

Last edited:
You put it on daily picks,i noticed the run but forgot was looking at tomorrows racing plus i just checked last nights prices 14/1 365!!:eek:

i only noted the first two in that as they finished so far ahead of 3rd..bedazzled runs now..in a maiden unfortunately..1.69 :(

But even 9ls on slower going the time looked ok in a diabolical race,this things been 4/5 all day they should be 1/2 the first two in betting as the second favs got reasonable form as well.

Not very original as she's fav but have to have a bet out of respect for what she achieved L/T/O :D

Kempton 8:45 Silver Lace 10pts win 3.5 betfair

My only bet today as I can't believe this horse won from stall 14 over 7f at Kempton L/T/O - a great ride from Ted Durcan who took a pull as the stalls opened and was running sideways to the rail as the rest of the field were going forward then managed to find a way through to win. I can't remember a horse winning from the widest draw over that distance at the track since the 1 stall was the inside stall. The form has been franked by the 2nd going close in a better race N/T/O and the 3rd & 4th both winning N/T/O - Silver Lace has only gone up 3lbs and has a low draw today although the race is a furlong further. I just feel to win from her draw L/T/O she must be better than her current rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back