What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarlett Whispers looks over priced now drifting in the 7.10 Salisbury.

Trying to lay up with Modernism lto, was probably an impossible task, but that race looks solid. May get pace pressure again, but now at 20.0, worth a punt with some lay backs in place.

Well done with the placed horse, Doomster. Just a word on Dubai Dynamo tomorrow at Chester.

This horse never runs the same race twice in a row, and he is hard to suss out. From looking at the form so far this year he seems to have a slight preference for GD-ST ground. He's only been unplaced once in four runs on this ground which he encounters tomorrow. The RP Diomed says he's harsly handicapped, but I'm not sure I fully agree.

He went up to a high mark many years ago when winning the 125K two year old race at Redcar. He's since become a durable and solid class two/three handicapper, won off an identical mark of 94 previously, and although consistency isn't his forte, I do really feel another big handicap is in his grasp. He has the draw in stall two that everyone will want, and the distance being just under the 8F mark looks ideal.

I can't gurantee he'll win but I can say that when this horse wins he really does win (last victory was 5 lengths) and 16's could look a silly price after the race.

Last edited:
Would worry me that his regular jockey has opted for the stable's Imperial Djay, Marb?
Strictly Silver has an iffy draw, but has the perfect pilot for this tricky track and, given luck in running, has to go very close.

Yeah it would a bit Reet, added to the fact they've backed Imperial Djay. I still expect a big run though, the pounds the claimer takes off could make a difference if the horse is having a going day.

So all in all, its 6 & two threes. Best of luck with Stictly Silver, hopefully we'll fight out the finish:)

Last edited:
Surprise surprise Reet, we have two non runners in a 17 runner field, leaving 15 and only the first three places for e/w money.

The two non runners happened to be drawn 15 & 16. Diabolical and shameful manipulation of whats running and entered to run in these handicaps to the detriment of wagers placed by punters.

Last edited:
Folkstone. 2.00 Renoirs Lady

Not sure about the gamble on Dustlands Fairyland, but it's a poor open race. It's a tenuous line but my pick is lightly raced and I'm banking on the fact her best run was on debut on g/f ground. First time back on a similar surface, a reproduction of that run would give her an outstanding chance.

Wolverhapton 5:00 - Annelko is the only front runner in a race where everything seems to want to be held up off the pace. This reminds me of a horse called Timocracy earlier in the year which landed me a few bob. He got an uncontested lead and was good enough to hold them all at bay. I think Annelko can do the same tomorrow and its interesting he runs again so soon after last run at Bath on Saturday. I see it as a good thing in this case as he has had just two runs this season, the trainer obviously wants to strike while the iron is hot.

Last edited:
Auteuil up again today.

I've been a big fan of the Guy Cherel trained and Simon Munir owned Up To You in the 13:35 since I saw him contest the first division of the colts/geldings version of the Prix Finot last September, he was just making his challenge when falling at the second last and has been successful twice since at Auteuil including NTO and on his last start back at the track in June. The winner of the Finot was none other than Group 1 scorer Usual Suspects (won the Prix Alain Du Breuil back in June) whilst Wonder Charm who beat him in his only other Auteuil defeat went on to taste success in a 70,000 Euro race at the same track. The Finot form looks strong with the runner-up Centaure du Rheu placing in a G3 'Chase since whilst the fourth was thought good enough to contest a Group 1 over fences. Up To You was also tried over fences earlier this year with disappointing results, falling on both occasions at Compiegne in May and a month later at Auteuil. He showed no ill effects from those falls when scoring at the latter track at the end of June and with today's rival (and fav today) Haim back in second and Group performers Utopie des Bordes and Princesse Kap in behind this form also looks very solid and whilst the drop back in trip is likely to suit Haim more than it will Up To You at the likely prices (Up To You is currently paying around 15/2) he represents the best bet here.

Also backing Totoche Bay (13:05) who's a huge price against the 2010 Triumph Hurdle winner Soldatino :)

Martin

________

Was right to take on Soldatino - beaten on his first start over the big fences. Soie De Thaix took the race ending Soldatino's unbeaten spell since returning to France.

Trainer Noel Wilson

Thinks all his runners have chances today at Musselburgh - although I'm often told this :D

ENTERED RACE ENTERED FOR THE FOLLOWING RACES

4Sep12 2:10 Praxios MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Towergate Underwriting Handicap (Div I)

4Sep12 2:40 Drive Home MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Towergate Underwriting Handicap (Div II)

4Sep12 5:00 Erycina MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Kier Construction Handicap

4Sep12 5:00 Grand Art MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Kier Construction Handicap

4Sep12 5:35 Monte Mayor One MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Racing UK Handicap

Thinks all his runners have chances today at Musselburgh - although I'm often told this :D

ENTERED RACE ENTERED FOR THE FOLLOWING RACES

4Sep12 2:10 Praxios MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Towergate Underwriting Handicap (Div I)

4Sep12 2:40 Drive Home MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Towergate Underwriting Handicap (Div II)

4Sep12 5:00 Erycina MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Kier Construction Handicap

4Sep12 5:00 Grand Art MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Kier Construction Handicap

4Sep12 5:35 Monte Mayor One MUSSELBURGH (Overnight), Racing UK Handicap

10/1 placed
unplaced
66/1 placed
14/1 winner
unplaced
:D

Trainer Jim Best has a 42% strike rate at Hereford over the last 5 years in handicap hurdles with 8 wins from 22 runners.

3:40 Flowerbud 9/2 is on a good mark and running well - 10pts win

4:40 Weybridge Light 16/1 - 8lbs higher than last win which came at this course. 3pts e/way

Trainer Jim Best has a 42% strike rate at Hereford over the last 5 years in handicap hurdles with 8 wins from 22 runners.

3:40 Flowerbud 9/2 is on a good mark and running well - 10pts win

4:40 Weybridge Light 16/1 - 8lbs higher than last win which came at this course. 3pts e/way

Bath 2:20 Sunday Bess 10/1 - looks a big price on most of his form off a mark of 74 and does run well fresh - 10pts e/way

I'm stalking all your bets SC.

Another great win. Well done.

Elusive Gold is probably a nursery type, but I'm backing it on the ex's, as it's a drifter.

Had the worst draw lto on debut, in a race that looks stronger than the opposition have been competing in.

The fact Seb Sanders carries o/w does not install confidence, so gone larger on the place angle.

Elusive Gold is probably a nursery type, but I'm backing it on the ex's, as it's a drifter.

Finished a poor 5th I think, but I will take another look on her 4th run.

Kempton 6.30 Napinda @ 12.0 ( Lay back in running @ 3.6/1.61)

Confidential Creek looks worth an interest, but he's a little too short for me. Napinda however, looks cracking value probably based on the fact she's been beaten in sellers/ claimers.

Trainer change, but importantly a drop back in trip to 5f, from a 1 draw, she looks like she may bag the lead.

Her 5f form reads well to me and goes at track ( better than bare result0 and surface.

Decent bet, even with the potential improvers and low grade race.

Napinda was poor even if she did play up going to post and was slowly away.

Final thrust goes on Red Bay in the 7.30 who looks big @ 40.0 win or lose.

Best form last season was at Kempton and only had two poor turf runs this season. The final one was desperate, but came with comments in the Stewards.

Jane Chapple-Hyam, the trainer of RED BAY, unplaced, reported that the gelding lost an off fore and a near hind shoe. The Veterinary Officer further reported that the gelding was found to be lame after post-race examination.

Kirsty Milczarek, the rider of RED BAY, unplaced, reported that the gelding suffered interference in running.

The maiden 4th is probably better than his win off todays mark, but there is reasons for optimism.

Sedgefield 3.55 Scriptwriter

This horse, a 10yo won over C/D & going off a mark of 119 last year - it looks like his new trainer has taken some time to get him to click but he was travelling on the bit over 3m2f L/T/O before his stamina gave in in the final 2f - now down to a mark of 92 with a 7lb claimer, over C/D(2m4f) he has run and won twice over last year and 34lbs lower I think he'll run a big race. 10/1 general looks too big - 10pts e/way.

Sedgefield 3.55 Scriptwriter

This horse, a 10yo won over C/D & going off a mark of 119 last year - it looks like his new trainer has taken some time to get him to click but he was travelling on the bit over 3m2f L/T/O before his stamina gave in in the final 2f - now down to a mark of 92 with a 7lb claimer, over C/D(2m4f) he has run and won twice over last year and 34lbs lower I think he'll run a big race. 10/1 general looks too big - 10pts e/way.

Great shout SC.

Great shout SC.

Cheers Benny I enjoyed that so for a bit of fun I'm going from the sublime to the ridiculous - I'ts been many years since I've had a 100/1 winner and the horse I'm selecting doesn't look to have a chance.

Sedgefield 5:30 Izitcozimcool 100/1 1pt e/way - this horses trainer has had 6 winners from 24 runners at the track in the last 5 years over hurdles. The horse is wearing blinkers and a tongue tie for the first time today and hopefully this will make the difference although I doubt it - but the stats make the price too big.:D

currently 230.0 on betfair

Last edited:
Sandusky (8.50K) invariably runs well fresh; since his debut his record being 2 wins and a close-up 4th in a much better race than this.
3 months off, and a return to the c/d of his maiden win, ought to see him in a better light than the current 16/1 allows for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back