What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those days for me at Donny - a couple of winners in the Hannon/Hughes pair and a few bob on Viking Storm but most annoyed at not being bothered to get up from my seat and wade past whinging pensioners and drunk people to back Libranno when his price went to an insulting 20-1 !

Small interest Kilnafrehanstar here at Listowel - up in trip which is sure to suit her and a good jockey in Paul Townend up, could have gone in a Handicap (entered in one over this trip later in the week) off 87 but they've chosen to come here. Big price all things considered.

Small interest Kilnafrehanstar here at Listowel - up in trip which is sure to suit her and a good jockey in Paul Townend up, could have gone in a Handicap (entered in one over this trip later in the week) off 87 but they've chosen to come here. Big price all things considered.

A lovely EW bet. Well called!

Mark Johnston doesn't have many runners at Folkestone - understandable really as it's miles away! He has two today, both with decent chances. Each way double for me.

Edit - the 3.50 is down to four runners so the ew double is off.

Last edited:
Mark Johnston doesn't have many runners at Folkestone - understandable really as it's miles away! He has two today, both with decent chances. Each way double for me.

Edit - the 3.50 is down to four runners so the ew double is off.

Good start BennyB :D- I'm having 2pts e/way on an outsider in the 4:10 Maneki Neko 28/1 bigger on betfair - problem is he's 10yo but has good C/D form and on possibly a good mark- not expecting to collect but if the old boy does have a race left in him it could be today?

Last edited:
Listowel 3:30 Whatever Jacksays - should be too good for these shouldn't he? 9/5 Betfair looks value doesn't it? Am i missing something? 20pts win :ninja:

2/1 betfair now

Last edited:
Bev 5.50 Blue Top

It seems I have a perverse attraction to worst possible races on offer, with suspect jocks. I was hoping for a much bigger price last night, but this is one of those races were you can put a line through the entire field.

Byron Bear looks sure to attract the cash, having been hampered lto (hit 1.35) in a race that followed Blue Tops last run, over the same distance. He looks to have the beating of my pick, granted a clear run, but he's going to need luck in running to get a clear passage and he was beaten into 3rd, when looking a certain winner last season ( hit 1.37).

Blue Tops speed figs don't look great but the form of his recent races looks the strongest on offer here.

Last run at Thirsk reads ok, considering the 1st two home have run well off 5lb higher marks and the stiffer finish should suit, judge on last run over 7f at this track.

I can't really comment about the jockey, but trainer is in relatively decent form, from a small sample.

Not sure how the race will pan out pace wise, but stall 5 should be ok to get a decent pitch.

Media Jury doesn't have a bombproof case on the book in the first at Pontefract, but remains of interest over 6F on Gd FM to me. I'd like to see him ridden more prominently. He's been staying on at the death recently, but his only win came from the front over 5F at Beverley last year. So as the Post says tonight, there's two ways of this horse running, combine that with the the step up in trip in the new headgear he's only worn for the second time, and he's backable if he doesn't get too far behind early doors.

Last edited:
And as a ballsy optimist, I should say I'll be backing him before the race, with the view he will be ridden a bit more handy. None of this sitting on the computer business, pressing buttons after the off.:)

Last edited:
Back In Focus...this lad will be pulling the express train around Listowel today. Expect a powerful performance. Big bet from me here.

Would normally agree Treff but think there's something wrong with the Mullins horses, Rattan scraped home by a head over a 106 rated rival on Sunday.

Sincet hen he's had them beaten at 9/10 and 20's, a 4/1 shot beaten some way on the flat and a 7/2 chance beaten 43 lengths last of 5 in addition to the well touted (pre-race) Themoonandsixpence pulling up in the Kerry National.

All in his last winner (bar Rattan who was 4/9) was Sicilian Secret at 4/1 on 7th September at Kilbeggan. I've backed White Star Line who I think will put his experience to good use today - I'm a huge Back In Focus fan (he's been my Twitter display pic for the past 18 months or so) but think with doubts about the yard he's worth taking on today.

Martin

Would normally agree Treff but think there's something wrong with the Mullins horses, Rattan scraped home by a head over a 106 rated rival on Sunday.

Sincet hen he's had them beaten at 9/10 and 20's, a 4/1 shot beaten some way on the flat and a 7/2 chance beaten 43 lengths last of 5 in addition to the well touted (pre-race) Themoonandsixpence pulling up in the Kerry National.

All in his last winner (bar Rattan who was 4/9) was Sicilian Secret at 4/1 on 7th September at Kilbeggan. I've backed White Star Line who I think will put his experience to good use today - I'm a huge Back In Focus fan (he's been my Twitter display pic for the past 18 months or so) but think with doubts about the yard he's worth taking on today.

Martin

White Star Line isn't fancied I believe, just what I've heard here on course. If having a saver it would be Jack Bene but I'm going hard for Back In Focus. Making or breaking of the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back