What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you boys think Bedazzled has plenty in hand off her current mark? Should I be lining up a max bet?

the sire gets horses that do well on heavy ground..but you have to be a bit wary on a bog..at 5/1ish i'd take a chance..not a max bet but i'll have a go.

Regarding Bedazzled, a couple of her relatives have handled testing, including her half-brother Amaze who was runner-up at haydock today. No doubt her mark is lenient.

I'm dead keen on Spanish Duke in the Cambridgeshire. I think when this horse has won, such as at Epsom last year he shows a touch of class, and a possible aptitude for a race like this. I expect him to be picking off a lot of horses in the final couple of furlongs with his hold up style and I make him a very decent bet at around 40/1. Would be nice for John Dunlop as well.

Rewarded and Postscript for me in the Cambridgeshire. The latter looks value at 28/1.

...so there's two the rest of you can ignore. :D

Thanks for the comments about Bedazzled. I'm fairly hopeful she'll go on the ground - at the price it's worth taking the chance.

Another I like today is Kian's Delight in the 2nd race at Market Rasen. Bowen's only runner at the meeting, trainer in form and at a track he does well at, form seems good enough (and mildly progressive). Each way poke at 15-2 with Victor.

Just been to get the barnet trimmed and my barber -who cuts the hair of just about anyone who is anyone in racing- tells me that the word in the town is that Mukhadram cannot get beat in the Cambridgeshire.

I'm not sure anything can be such a certainty in the annual cavalry charge, but I expect I've done my cash on my earlier selections. :(

Increasing business commitments mean I don't have time to put the work in on the horses and that shows in a drop in my success rate to below 20% recently. Have had some horrendous days and whilst I normally go to Newmarket for today's meeting I am thinking that it it could be very expensive to do so as I fancy a number of outsiders. not neccessarily a good thing when on a losing run.
In the Cambridgeshire I've gone for two. Boom and Bust and Credit Swap.
The former is a decent horse that is launched late, gets to the frontand tries to hold on. Definitely a back to lay off stake type he wins enough over a mile to more than pay his way. Question is: can he do so over 9f? Took some 60/1 earlier this week which leaves some room to recover stakes and performance at Goodwood gives me hope. Place chances look pretty good and price is tempting.

I put Credit Swap up on here as a recommendation when he won this. Certainly does the distance. has been off for a while having been with Venetia Williams to go hurdling. Bought back to be with his former trainer he's twice a winner on the course and it just may be that he likes being 'home' and has been readied for this . A punt, yes , but one that tempts me and I have small amounts at very long prices.

Others to avoid today are Ceiling Kitty, Elusive Kate, Al Waab and Marshgate Lane.

Just been to get the barnet trimmed and my barber -who cuts the hair of just about anyone who is anyone in racing- tells me that the word in the town is that Mukhadram cannot get beat in the Cambridgeshire.

I'm not sure anything can be such a certainty in the annual cavalry charge, but I expect I've done my cash on my earlier selections. :(

If thats the case Rewarded has to be thereabouts IMO

Thanks for the comments about Bedazzled. I'm fairly hopeful she'll go on the ground - at the price it's worth taking the chance.

Another I like today is Kian's Delight in the 2nd race at Market Rasen. Bowen's only runner at the meeting, trainer in form and at a track he does well at, form seems good enough (and mildly progressive). Each way poke at 15-2 with Victor.

Kian's Delight NR.

Mkt rsn
2:10 - 1x7x11x16 - 1pt comb f/c - 1/2pt comb tricast
2:40 Quite The Man 5pts e/way
3:20 No No Bingo 5pts e/way
3:55 Hallogen 10pts win - Hilali 5pts r/f/c
4:30 No No Charlie 5pts e/way
5:05 Spirit Of Shankly 6pts win - King Of The Wolds 2pts win - 1pt r/f/c

in the 2.05 race i think the fav society pearl needs better ground looking at the breeding..i strongly prefer Northern Star to act on the ground. On form NS looks a lot better than the fav as well. The next two in the betting look ordinary. Hollowina could be a threat but first time out on this ground would be some feat and has no fancy entries..whereas NS has already run in a listed race albeit abroad

NS now trading at 3.4..hopefully get the day off to a good start.

BTW I've just got back from the course to watch Frankel (Going back in a minute to take some pics of the Cambridgeshire runners.) and I'd say the ground is on the firmer side of good. There's a really stiff breeze blowing so it's likely to dry further still I would imagine.

Suraj should ike the ground in the 4.25 (half brother to Indian Ink) at Haydock and comes here in good form.

Had my fair share lately ec getting 20/1 and getting beat on r woody at 9/2 shouldv'e sluicedup earlier in the week.Thats why i trade quite a bit off at the moment,not spending ten hours aday in the forbook usually leads to secondititus so i sort of blame myself.This time of year i'm knackered,plus i get up to feed my lad at 7am don't get to bed till 4am hard to find the energy as at the beginning of the season.
Going to revert back to placepots when the aw starts proper and it barely takes me 2/3 hours to do the cards so its a welcome break.Has the forum ever thought of chipping in an amount and doing placepots on a daily basis.I'm sure there would be a few interested i'll chuck £100 in to start off,althought it would be good if it was based on the aw meetings.Must be a few aw enthusiasts on here.:D

not a placepotter mesen but i'm sure some are on here G.

spotted one lay today..then the racing is going off;)

1.55 Clonmel

This is a competitive race and the fav Everything Zain is too short at 2.14.

1. Meets fast ground for the first time but rating is based on slower surface

2. Jockey is 1/46 for Hughes.

Tidentime in the last at Epsom for Channon. Could be so well handicapped on previous form, has had a break since last few poor runs, but goes well fresh having won fto last season, and unless I've got the race badly wrong I think this horse will go close.

Marb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back