What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a pile of 50 euro notes in my pocket that were to be lodged this morning to fund my Betfair account.Insanely busy in work to the extent that I was 15 minutes late collecting my daughter from school at 245.I had to ring and ask the head teacher of she could keep an eye on her until I arrived.When I did arrive I had to speak to head teacher and that took me to 310.By the time I got back to the car it was 315 no chance of getting to a bank or the bookies.At a set of traffic lights I looked at Betfair mobile and saw Carlito at 1.27 to lay and thought how do I explain this on the forum.

Have a pile of 50 euro notes in my pocket that were to be lodged this morning to fund my Betfair account.Insanely busy in work to the extent that I was 15 minutes late collecting my daughter from school at 245.I had to ring and ask the head teacher of she could keep an eye on her until I arrived.When I did arrive I had to speak to head teacher and that took me to 310.By the time I got back to the car it was 315 no chance of getting to a bank or the bookies.At a set of traffic lights I looked at Betfair mobile and saw Carlito at 1.27 to lay and thought how do I explain this on the forum.

:lol: That sounds like my days most days but fortunately my kids are old enough to take their selves home but the insanely busy at work still applies and I have missed many opportunities because of it. You're forgiven and still a great pick and write up, i've no doubt someone made a profit out of it.

there are two to keep an eye out for from Kemton tonight Slim..G will have noted this race i'm sure

the 5.50 race was easily the fastest time on the card..slow by 0.42 over 11f

per mile... the whole card looks like this

0.35 slow
3.6 slow
4.1 slow
2.94 slow
4.00 slow
3.04 slow
3.82 slow

you can knock off about a second from races 2 and 3 as they were 2yo races..so 1.94 is the fastest race apart from the 5.50 race

if the maiden Royal Prize [1.94 race]has run something like a 75 which would seem fair then the two horses that finished 1st & 2nd in the 5.50 are probably 20lbs ahead of their marks

the 5.50 looks like a hurdle race with the finishing distances

0.5L, 9L, 9L, 6L, 8L, 6l

I don't know how much both horses will go up..but it will need to be a lot to stop both winning again...the horses are

GALLIPOT
BEDAZZLED

Gallipot ran well when upped in class last time Baldeagle..but was time before when the cat was out the bag...was a decent bet today..worth the wait

hope you were on Slim ;)

What kind of dope backs something because some gives a 'tip'?

It makes no sense, and is degenerate gambling at its worst.

Define the word tip? I pointed out a horse that was undervalued in the market. Some of the shrewdest movers in Ireland were on. I'll keep backing 25/1 shots that go off 6/1 and you keep reading the formbook.

You must have £50k in the bank from backing all these tips with 'shrewd' judges?

have laid Brazilian Clown at 2.3 in the 7.15..sire has a lowly AE of just 0.6 with 2yo's over 7f or further..may not stay here as his half sis nearly a gift was a 6f horse with a similar sire speed wise

Last edited:
Can't imagine there was many punters or bookmakers at Dundalk today, so I'd imagine the returned sp could have been just made up.

had a few bob on amelia may at 34.0 in the 7.45..good run 2 ago and Morris is 2/9 on stable's 3yo

Looked a good trade in running looking at the odds on betfair.

I've had the minimum £2 e/way BF on Ghawzan 8:15 - those with form don't look too good and Ghawzan is nicely bred with sire having 45% place rate on AW and the owner Al Thani part of a rich Arab family from Qatar I think. I don't know much about trainer but it looks like a 1st, 2nd & 3rd from 3 runners. Hoping it's gambled.

Gallipot ran well when upped in class last time Baldeagle..but was time before when the cat was out the bag...was a decent bet today..worth the wait

hope you were on Slim ;)

It's a pity that gallipot was raised in class so much,i never backed it today but backed the third from that race that won next time out off 72 although had been beaten 9ls.Looks like another big gamble on saturday at haydock now looking at the second!!;)

hope you were on Slim ;)

I do read your posts with interest (spit) but I missed this gem. Good shout.

It's a pity that gallipot was raised in class so much,i never backed it today but backed the third from that race that won next time out off 72 although had been beaten 9ls.Looks like another big gamble on saturday at haydock now looking at the second!!;)

I assume you boys think Bedazzled has plenty in hand off her current mark? Should I be lining up a max bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back