What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Occasion 5 o clock Carlisle.A horse that fascinated me last year-mainly by being so slow.The Pipes have talked of him as a future Welsh National horse and my gut instinct is that they will have him
fit enough today.I would say the 5/1 available is very fair but there is also the chance that he will trade at a big price in running and win.

Surprised to see Master Bond currently at 40 for the 7.15 Wolv. ran good race FTO then a few bad ones. Might be excuses for a couple of those. First time tongue tie, has reportedly been going well with the tie at home, good draw.

Sylvestre De Souza on board, 2 from 9...out at around 48 last time I looked.

Last edited:
had two bets tonight..both are from trainers who do well in the particular type of race

8.15 La Pampita 2.74 now
8.45 Super Cookie 10.5 now

La Pampita Reportedly working well at home, entered in upcoming horses in training sale so stable will be keen to get a win. Obvious main danger - Hint of Promise - Charlton says on Racingpost reporter ''will need to improve against more experienced rivals''

Misplaced Fortune is going to run a big race tomorrow at York lads.

Record for jockey Swift: 3041424721

Make of that what you will. Horse unproven on this ground but I think he'll like it based oin previous soft ground effort first time out at Ripon. Huge sqeak.

Last edited:
Misplaced Fortune is going to run a big race tomorrow at York lads.

Record for jockey Swift: 3041424721

Make of that what you will. Horse unproven on this ground but I think he'll like it based oin previous soft ground effort first time out at Ripon. Huge sqeak.

Just got done for a place.

Last one for me today is VALID REASON in the 4:55 at York. I think he tends to go out in front and he'll be hard to peg back if he does so today, against mostly hold up horses. Always comes right end of season don't take recent form literally would be my way of thinking.

Too big a price this one.

Last edited:
I wasn't intending backing anything tonight, but I've been very impressed with the riding of Ned Curtis in two races tonight from car park draws.

He's got one more ride in the shape of High N Dry in the 7.15 and gets a 12 draw again.

Horse just returned from long lay off, trainer change and drop in the ratings, although back up 3lb tonight.

At 28/1, I'm happy to get involved with some lay backs in place.

The Kirby booking of Goal looks interesting.

Going to lay the Tregoning horse in the 845 for a place at1.3-400 day absence and family have mixed ability.

Was sent out to get the Saturday night takeaway and decided to put up an in running back at 7.8 on betfair.The Timeform results page says the highest price matched was 2/1 but I definitely got a tenner matched at 7.8.

Having a terrible run due to sloppy, lazy punting, indiscipline and some bad luck. Trying to smash out of it with Colour of Love Ew 8/1 in listed sprint at the Curragh. Maarek is imminently opposable at the prices and may have had one race too many. COL's form at the Curragh is the only thing stopping me having my max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back