What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure Style 4.50 Huntingdon. Won well last time and 7-2 seems generous. Rivals are unproven. Jockey highly regarded. Yard in good form. Penalty to overcome but was expecting more like 2-1 so a decent wager at the price.

Outpost is massively over-priced IMO in the last at kempton.expect it to be staying on into the money.its not a 16/1 shot.:)

Out if boredom on a seriously wet Wednesday night I am going to lay Abated in running.backed glenreef at 100 and might throw a bean on my Claire.

Gone out on a limb somewhat in that race myself Links - pace is really holding up at Kempton this evening and Ariyfa has raced handy in the past, has yet to finish outside the first two in four AW starts, ran poorly on bottomless ground in a better race than this at Listowel LTO but was placed off 2lbs lower at Newmarket over this trip back in June and placed off 1lb higher over the same CD the following month. Last AW run was at Lingfield over 10f but she should be competitive over this trip on this surface and providing they ride her like they did at Lingfield and indeed in her two starts at Newmarket she should go close IMHO. Either way the favourite is well worth opposing given they held it up here LTO and I can't see them changing a winning system.

Martin

The Wincanton Card is sponsored by Bathwick Tyres who also sponsor the David Pipe yard. I always back the Pipe horses on this day and have had some success btu today I've noticed a little twist. Wayne Clifford (founder of Bathwick Tyres) has two runners on the card not trained by David Pipe.

4:20 Bathwick Brave (A.P.McCoy)
4:50 Sporting Boy(won well l/t/o)
10pts e/way double & 5pts win singles each

I'll also have 2pts e/way on all the Pipe runners as well

3:20 Vertige Dore
4:20 Starlife
4:50 Dukes Art & Shallow Bay
5:50 Darcey Diva

For a bit of fun
4:50 Dukes Art - Shallow Bay - Sporting Boy - 1/2pt comb f/c's & tricasts - 20/1, 16/1 & 7/1

I took 7/4 Joncol first thing with Powers (current 5/4). Has everything in his favour today, namely; soft ground, a trip just short of 3m, and average opposition (can't have it that FTP can concede the weight).

He probably won't land another blow all season, but he has the winning of this.

Last edited:
He's genuine enough I think, Bar.....he is just desperately one-paced, and has a tiny optimum-stamina window (2m6f-2m7f)

Well theres a good chance We will get a winner because I have backed Rio Du Mee, though I agree Joncol should be a shoe in ,but at the odds not for me.

Well theres a good chance We will get a winner because I have backed Rio Du Mee, though I agree Joncol should be a shoe in ,but at the odds not for me.

You land your dough - Carberry rode them to sleep a little there I thought. Nolan does not seem to be over the poor run / virus his stable has had. Watching brief for his runners for a while yet. How often does Russell choose the "wrong" Gigginstown horse...:ninja:

Last edited:
Only one bet for me tomorrow at Cheltenham, Iheardu in the amateur riders 3m chase at 5.05. Got a top amateur jockey up who won on him in the same race last year, they've managed to get him into the race on bottom weight which is 3lb less than last year. Will probably be near enough favourite but at quite a generous SP I reckon.

Only one bet for me tomorrow at Cheltenham, Iheardu in the amateur riders 3m chase at 5.05. Got a top amateur jockey up who won on him in the same race last year, they've managed to get him into the race on bottom weight which is 3lb less than last year. Will probably be near enough favourite but at quite a generous SP I reckon.

He's 14/1 in a couple of places, should you be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back