What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right Step just missed the place money, bugger! York Glory gets placed at 16's.

Mahogany Blaze to run well at Ascot now coming into form and so well weighted I think.

Last edited:
I always follow Bowens 3m h'cap hurdlers at Aintree - so have to have a go on Catch the Fire 4:00 - 10pts e/way - 10pts win

Councel 1.40 Aintree should go close as should stable companion Clondaw Kaempfer in the 4.00pm

Kid Cassidy 3.25 Aintree reportedly well forward looks a good bet today if he doesn't decide to go right handed :0)

Jonjo's The Nephew

If you fancy some collateral form both Clondaw Kaempfer and The Nephew have run against Thunder And Roses of Gigginstown House Stud - The Nephew beat him in a point whilst CK hammered him in the Fairyhouse bumper over Christmas.

Kid Cassidy for me, too.
Head and shoulders above these on his beating of Kumbeshwar, this strong pulling sort should be ideally suited by the sharp track and the number of pace horses to aim at.

Oscatara in the last at Aintree. Same ownership now as Peddlar's Cross, think could be a nice little speed merchant and get's 7lb from the Pipe horse.

Moidore 140 Aintree-only bet of the day for me.Trainer is a legend with first time out novice hurdlers when the money is down.

For Two's Auteuil bumper hasn't worked-out well, Luke - you might not have much to beat.

Unofortunately, I had already backed the King horse in opposition before I saw your post.

I've backed Roddy's horse in this. I am having a shocking day though so have probably jinxed him.

When is Gigilo going to start doing jumps form???

You gotta laugh Benny or you will cry!!! Oh how AP was missed today you guys never said a truer word.

Summary: To say Jerimiah misjudged things on Kid Cassidy would be the understatement of the season. The idea was sound, drop him out to prevent him from taking off then gradually bring him into the race. Unfortunately his young jockey spent the entire second circuit trying to remember what the second part of the plan was:lol:

Last edited:
Stewards Enquiry re Kid Cassidy;

The Stewards held an enquiry into the running and riding of KID CASSIDY, ridden by J. McGrath and trained by Nicky Henderson, which was settled in the rear in the early stages, but ran on to finish fourth, beaten 6 lengths. They interviewed the rider and the trainer’s representative. They also received a report from the Veterinary Officer. The rider stated that his instructions were to get the gelding settled and jumping, as he had not shown himself to be a natural jumper. He added that the gelding had a breathing problem after jumping the fourth last and made mistakes which he reported at scales. He further added that KID CASSIDY was perhaps resenting the net muzzle which he was wearing as he was holding his head unusually high. The trainer’s representative confirmed the instructions and that the gelding was not an easy horse to handle. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the race the Stewards noted their explanations.

when you've lost..just accept it...its easier than beating yourself up over jockeys or what have you...if you think you have been cheated then its for sure they will actually try in the next two or three outings..probably at better odds..turns a negative into a positive

Last edited:
Geez you're too serious mate. I doubt if anyone is crying over spilled milk when they lost their dosh on him he's a complete nut job. Fun to watch though as you have no idea what he's going to do next.

Was hoping Tominator would be a half decent price. Was a bit of 2 floating about on the machine but at 1.5 he's probably about the right price. Backing him and if he wins put the winnings on Nicky Henderson's Karzhan in the bumper if not tomorrow's another day

Dodgy looking card at Taunton today but Alan King's in excellent form and his Turn Over Sivola should follow up his Plumpton win without too much fuss.

PN's record at Taunton with bumpers is uncanny. A p2p winner Urubu D'irlande looks another likely winner in what looks like a very poor bumper. He could easily go off odds on.

Early prices 2 single and a double could be the best way to go.

I like Think It's All Over for owner Terry Warner and train Evan Williams in that Taunton race having looked tonight, Tanlic.

Was in good form on the flat during the summer, definately improved, and wasn't disgraced first time over hurdles last time. Hopefully one of us hits the bullseye.

Last edited:
Dodgy looking card at Taunton today but Alan King's in excellent form and his Turn Over Sivola should follow up his Plumpton win without too much fuss.

PN's record at Taunton with bumpers is uncanny. A p2p winner Urubu D'irlande looks another likely winner in what looks like a very poor bumper. He could easily go off odds on.

Early prices 2 single and a double could be the best way to go.

I fancy both of these. However, the market indicates the Hobbs horse might spoil the fun in the last.

He got a mention at Hobb's open day as being one to watch out for in a bumper Benny so no doubt few have latched on to that. Hopefully Hobbs was taking about a bumper at Wincanton in a fortnights time:lol:

I like the name of Terry Warner's horse Marble ;)He's a horse who obviously has had a heap of problems as it was 2 summers ago he was running on the flat. I'd imagine he'll need this run. The drop back in trip would indicate they want to sharpen him up.......Wouldn't be the first Evan Williams horse to spring a surprise though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back