What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though he's already been well supported, the 6/1 Qoubilai (4.00 Taunt) could still be worth punting.
Hammered a modest Wetherby field for pace 2 ago, then unable to repeat the feat a week later, apprentice ridden (3lbs o.o.h.) against much better horses than he'll meet today.
Has run well fresh in the past, and this sharp RH 2 miler ought to be right up his street

I fancy both of these. However, the market indicates the Hobbs horse might spoil the fun in the last.

Oscar Rock is possibly the e/way value in the race - Trainer says: "This is a very promising young horse who won his maiden PTP in May. He will probably start his rules career in a bumper, in which he certainly has the ability to be competetive in. He has bags of scope, with jumping his forte, but he also has a decent turn of foot. I am more than hopeful he has what it takes to make the grade."

You can always be sure Jonjo's are trying for their life:whistle:

Sooraj (Nap) Best price you can get.

Betting in handicap Hurdles at this time of the season is scary but Yesyoucan EW in the 3.55 at Haydock. Yard is in great form

Betting in handicap Hurdles at this time of the season is scary but Yesyoucan EW in the 3.55 at Haydock. Yard is in great form
Interesting little race isn't it, Tanlic. For my money Mirific looks nailed on to run well. Will appreciate some cut in the ground and looks like it's been layed out for a race like this to me off a nice mark.

Last edited:
Although the 12.20 is full of old moderate horses, I certainly wouldn't won't to be laying Dispol Grand at the current price, even if the jockey booking and time of year, indicates it's a re-handicapping exercise.

Drawn far side may be perfect and hopefully trade lower in running at least.

Danzoe looks to have a lot in his favour in the first race at Nottingham. Trip, ground, course all suit - 12-1 seems generous.

The last time I had a go at a 100/1 shot was sidling up to Glenda Gilson at a bar in Galway...didn't end well but today Hi Big Man is overpriced in the opening novive chase at Punchestown (100/1 Bet365). He was 40/1 w/o Oscars so had a tickle EW on that. He is 90% straight was built for this game and would only need one of the main protagonists to have an off day to hit the board..

The last time I had a go at a 100/1 shot was sidling up to Glenda Gilson at a bar in Galway...didn't end well but today Hi Big Man is overpriced in the opening novive chase at Punchestown (100/1 Bet365). He was 40/1 w/o Oscars so had a tickle EW on that. He is 90% straight was built for this game and would only need one of the main protagonists to have an off day to hit the board..

We had a right sweat there going to two out - paid out on the place part of the w/o bet...

He's been a frustrating enough horse so far, I hope his troubles are behind him, whatever they were.

Good shout OTB - saw him running and remembered your view on him before his bumper run a couple of seasons back. Glad you kept with him today :)

The car park draws at Lingfield seem to be performing well today. Lee seemed pretty clued up on Sentaril, holding her up last but keping her out wide.

I've backed Significant Move in the 3.50 in the hope that the run continues.

Little a/w form to go on but on a decent looking mark, not running too badly and drawn 13 of 14. I just hope Mongan stays wide as it only appears Hannagan and Lee want to stay wide. I really wanted to place lay Semeen, but Hanagan will probably be wise to the 1 draw.

If the run continues, I'll have a throwaway on Schoolboy Champ at big odds.

Drawn wide, wants 7f and Duern decent in this grade of race.

Tom Scu makes the long journey to Wetherby to ride Sporting Boy, whom he won so easily on last week.
No one's going to get rich at the current 5/2, but I'll be surprised if he's beaten.

Good spot Reet.

Theres worse 20/1 shots running today than Masters Blazing in the 2:45 at Newmarket.

Trappy little contest but I'm not discouraged by recent form figures. The horse has a good record over this trip and soft ground, and his fourth at Donny in September shows he still retians his ability. Will run a big race at nice odds me thinks.

Last edited:
Good spot Reet.

Theres worse 20/1 shots running today than Masters Blazing in the 2:45 at Newmarket.

Trappy little contest but I'm not discouraged by recent form figures. The horse has a good record over this trip and soft ground, and his fourth at Donny in September shows he still retians his ability. Will run a big race at nice odds me thinks.

Ran a great race, didnt think the horse got the maximum assistance from the saddle, but place money landed all the same.

Thanks people.

The 3:55 at Newmarket is the type of race I'll choose the wrong one and kick myself afterwards saying 'should have had that', but hopefully not...

Hawridge Star is at the ripe old age of ten, but it doesn't put me off as he is consistent enough and could run well today when the emphiases is not on him. He's let his backers down when fancied to run well but I fancy today will be his day. Worth a flutter.

I think from memory he is a CD winner aswell.

Incidently the same trainer as Masters Blazing has two in this and Oceans Minstrel is being backed, no surprise if one of those gets in the money.

Last edited:
in the last the first 3 in the betting will need a strong test at this trip..which doesn't look likely..have dutched rock anthem and loyal n trusted at 15.0 ish each

Small interest in Strove For Gold here at Dundalk - drops markedly in trip here having been racing over 10-14f on the flat and unplaced all starts with the best being 4th to the very useful Tarla in a conditions race. Drop back in trip could suit here on Dundalk debut and having had Mark Rafferty, Mr G Yemm and Fergal Lynch up on his flat starts so far the excellent Gary Carroll takes over tonight. Currently 25/1 with Coral.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back