What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unlucky with Passionada, Doomster, thought it would improve for joining fast eddys yard, hope you did him ew.

Very unlucky with Passionada, Doomster, thought it would improve for joining fast eddys yard, hope you did him ew.

I had in running lay backs in place @ 2.12/ 1.69/1.21/1.03. She went as low as 1.55, so ended up with an even money winner.

Just a shame Atkinson wasn't on Gung Ho Jack.

Difficult to rate the run of Dashwood. Hated the kickback, but still no idea whether he'll improve with a better draw. I'd probably get involved with Mr. W. Carson on, another 3lb drop and a try at Kempton.

I've backed Hildisvini to follow up at Huntingdon today. I was impressed with him last time out, and it seems the trainer's horses are improving a run so there could be more to come.

I was hoping for bigger than the current 5-2 but have taken it anyway.

Good call Benny.....how about the Breeders? Mount Athos?

Thanks Tanlic. Not looked at the Melbourne Cup - don't think I've ever had a bet in it to be honest - too busy working out the jumps at this time of year!

Well done Benny.

I tried to fathom out the 8.00, being such a bad race, but I can't find anything.

Wolver 7.00 Inpuresuitoffreedom e/w

Backing a winner from two runs ago, off a 6lb higher mark and Hughes not in the saddle this time.

However, she had little chance over 7f lto and this trip should be much better. Although her win at Kempton was the weaker of two divs, both are working out well, so the cvurrent price around 8/1 looks fair.

Initial concerns regarding jockey were wrong considering he's 6/27 + 22% ( +£28.00) for trainer.

Does have to deal with a tricky draw though.

It might be one of my best or poorest selections depending on the result but with the form Brian Ellisons in, (plenty of winners and placed horses the last fortnight), it might be worth taking a chance on Travis County in the 2:00 at Redcar. I'm going to discard recent form as I think he's needed the runs: He won his maiden at the second time of asking last season as a 2yo and may have looked a horse to follow after that before losing his form.

Now down a stone in the handicap, with trainer Ellison bang in form, and Pickard back on board I'm expecting a better run today. Some big prices knocking about.

Last edited:
Unoriginal but at even money cue card is a standout for me today.Tizzard would have him ready for this surely and his string are in form.If menorah fails again today I can see him going back hurdling.

Cheers. Keep getting screwed over by the jollies, same last week. Thats the problem with big priced horses I guess.

Outstanding performance by Cue Card at Halden just. Absolutely pissed up against some good opponents. Menorah looked inferior by a stone at least

6.30 Scarlet Belle..9.4

Can improve for the step up to this trip and stableform is good..form behind Teacup suggests can win off a mid 70's mark ...so isn't badly in off 70

West End Lad can beat the main danger at Nottingham today, leviathan, in the 3:15.

Love the fact he bounces back from poor form to pop up and win at big prices, the last being when winning at 33's in March. He has a history of doing this, and might do so today. He might not be kept on the go for much longer, I really don't know, but I reckon a mile at this track is perfect. Worth a punt.

Hard to oppose my mate from last week, Masters Blazing, but I think he might have had a tough race against the well handciapped horse that beat him that day.

West End Lad can win if on a going day.

Last edited:
Definite Chance at Warwick. This one went in my notebook when staying on at Kempton. Really caught the eye that day and today's longer trip should be in his favour. Max each way bet at 100-30 for me.

Inpuresuitoffreedom managed to get placed yesterday @ 11/1, having traded as low as 1.52 in running.

Nottingham 3.15 Nameitwhatyoulike win @ 5.2

Bit of an after thought this with the n/r's.

Whilst only Judicious is the only runner that wouldn't go into the short list, with the 4 n/r's the price of this fav looks very tempting.

Three of the horses above him in the weights have been pulled, so his weight of 9.02 looks very attractive now for a horse running in C &3's this summer.

Goeswell on the soft and whilst his recent win isn't enough to win this, he looks a better horse over further and the step up looks perfect. His win on soft ground in April was followed up by an excellent run off over 7f on faster ground off 83, in hindsight; looked an impossible task leading some well h/capped rivavls.

Back off 83 today, drawn in 2 should enable a prominent pitch, with West End Lad possibly trying to steal the lead.

Horse has had 20 starts, but with Mulrennan reads: 1,1,4,4,1.

Last edited:
Thanks SJ.

Been very lucky today really. It was a general 4/1 last night when I thought it was a touch too short and got just short of that with 45% of the market taken out with the n/r's. I could have easily been out and missed it like normal.

Oscars' Journey (8.8) and Blue Lotus were another two I thought were big prices compared to the early market.

Looked at Taro Tywood with a view to backing it last night, but I couldn't be certain she will stay, even in this dire race.

1.70 has to be laid in the place market, in my view. Win. place or lose, the price has me baffled.

Like most of my place lays, finished 3rd.

I went in again @ 1.66.

The other alternative was backing the 2nd fav e/w, which of course went and won.

Garton King goes in what looks a hot small field Beginners Chase at Towcester (12:50) today - he was 3/3 in UK points a couple of seasons back on a variety of ground (most recently at Bratton Down Intermediate on good to firm - also Larkhill Maiden and Restricted with cut). Was sent out twice by Paul Nicholls and won an Amateur Riders Novices Hurdle over a trip FTO before disappointing off 122 in a Handicap at Bangor last December, he's moved to Henry Daly whilst retaining the same owners and the yard had a winner in a similar affair at Stratford the other day.

He looks a big price to me at 28 on Betfair whilst he's 10/1 without the favourite (E/W 1/4 1-2)

Also had a small interest in Brendan Powell's Lady From Geneva (currently 66/1) in the 13:20 at the same course, she ran well in a CD bumper on her debut in similar ground to today's and was then placed over further in a bumper at Fontwell. She pulled hard FTO this season when weakening badly into sixth in a bumper at Wincanton behind the impressive (and v v well backed Centasia) but showed enough that day to suggest she can take a hand returned to Towcester, 66/1 looks too big particularly when the fourth favourite is only rated 105 and she could run into a place should any of the front three in the market flop.

Martin

Put this up last night but wasn't happy with the price 11/4-3/1, hopefully will go 9/2-5/1 to get a decent EW bet on him, does seem to have some idiosynchoses!

07 Nov 2012 21:37 Post subject: Edit/Delete this post
Toughness Danon is a horse i've kept an eye on for a while, three years ago ran 3rd in the German Derby and followed up by winning a Group 3 race over 10fs at Baden Baden. Out for a year afterwards and not shown anything like that form since but now appears to have reached a level that he can be competative at and ran a good race lto over C/D when travelling well into the straight before getting stopped in his run and losing momentum finished 4th, did hang towards the rail. Brendan Powells horses running very consistantly just now and should go close tmr, price looks a bit short at the moment, hope it drifts out.

I must have made a hundred resolutions never to bet in low grade staying h/caps Simpson, but I keep on getting mugged.

I was going e/w on Pelham Crescent, whose last three runs over C&D were off 72,74 & 75.

Runs off 58 today, so I will dutch yours and mine.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back