What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bets for me today though I expect both The Paparazzi Kid and Sizing Europe to win at Clonmel.

Three bits of info I have been given for Kempton....

4.55 3 Kalokagathia (which means good-hearted in Greek) Win

4.25 6 Norfolk Sky Each Way

7.55 11 Sunshine Always Each Way

Good Luck if you play any of them ..though I won't be as I'm sure you already know !

Thanks, Icebreaker....the story which may intrigue you is on my Quartz De Thaix thread.

Last edited:
Thanks, Trefflich.....though instead of being sarcastic maybe you wish to try the same thing and achieve the same returns....8 from 8 so far....some people "talk the talk" but cannot "walk the walk"

You follow ?

Thanks, Trefflich.....though instead of being sarcastic maybe you wish to try the same thing and achieve the same returns....8 from 8 so far....some people "talk the talk" but cannot "walk the walk"

You follow ?

Yes I follow, thank you for showing me the light. Backing 1.02 shots in the place market. Next you'll be telling me Sizing Europe is a cert to place today??:blink:

Trefflich...I'm sure even you know that not ALL 1.02 shots place !

You have to be selective and better to have backed Provo for a Tote Place and get a return than a Win at 1/3 and lose it all !

Only one out of the 8 I advised thus far returned at 1.02

You follow ?

Trefflich...I'm sure even you know that not ALL 1.02 shots place !

You have to be selective and better to have backed Provo for a Tote Place and get a return than a Win at 1/3 and lose it all !

Only one out of the 8 I advised thus far returned at 1.02

You follow ?

Yes I follow again, thanks for your insights and clogging up the boards with crap.

Yes I follow again, thanks for your insights and clogging up the boards with crap.

Can I dissociate myself from the quoted comment.
I think A.S's contributions have been valuable and worthwhile, interesting and insightful.
Conversely, I think the very recent posts by the above poster have been wholly unnecessary and confrontational.
Is it the intention to humiliate and belittle the efforts of every new member that passes thru' here ! :mad:

Thank you,Icebreaker, and the irony is the Tote Place would have been effective on those 2 I mentioned at Clonmel, today, as the first of them was only second at 1/4...Sizing Europe was impressive,however albeit at 1/7 !

It really is a percentage call each time.

Can I dissociate myself from the quoted comment.
I think A.S's contributions have been valuable and worthwhile, interesting and insightful.
Conversely, I think the very recent posts by the above poster have been wholly unnecessary and confrontational.
Is it the intention to humiliate and belittle the efforts of every new member that passes thru' here ! :mad:

By the nature of this forum you have been dissociated from my post. What I have a problem with is someone picking horses long odds on and patting themselves on the back when they place. Sorry if it comes across as being rude but it's not the kind of thing that deserves merit in my book. I find the forum pretty educational and enjoy the majority of the content but tipping short ones to place is a bit tiresome.

There is no way you can make money long term by selecting odds-on favourites and backing them to place on the tote. Of course you will be right most of the time but when you are wrong it will cost you big. It's like laying 10-1 shots at random.

However, it's an open forum and AS has just as much right to post his selections as anyone else. I won't be backing them though!

Last edited:
Trefflich..it's not a question of patting myself on the back..it is a question of putting my neck on the line and actually making selections and of course they are not all going to win or be placed even,however,there is still a skill involved in getting a very high success rate as several are not even placed no matter what odds they are !

I wonder how many punters out there who backed losers Provo or The Paparazzi Kid,both ridden by Ruby Walsh,to win at 1/3 and 1/4 respectively wish they had backed them for Tote Place only.....ANY return is better than none !

Each to their own, BennyB..and good luck with your strategy also..whatever that may be.

have layed Tarbari in the 6.55..1.95 at the moment.

doesn't look a resolute type and can easily get worried out of this...not an odds onner for me.

I think Dodging Bullets is opposable today as wasn't impressed with how he travelled or jumped last time out

Laying is not my thing so so will be backing River Maigue & Court Minstrel EW

have layed Tarbari in the 6.55..1.95 at the moment.
doesn't look a resolute type and can easily get worried out of this...not an odds onner for me.

I think it's fair to say you got that one BANG ON. I took a look at it after failing to spot anything and joined you. I normally find a bad fav and back a bad alternative, so glad I kept it simple.

Tracked leader, wide bends 4f out and 3f out, ridden to challenge over 1f out, found nil and held inside final furlong (op 10-11

Well done and thanks.

Sprinter Sacre win will be mine....at what odds though ???

Back with my fancies for today later on.

Stealing ArkleSupreme's thunder here, sorry...Sprinter Sacre should win on Sunday....tote place nap....enjoy all!

Trefflich...do you have a degree in exaggeration ?

I do have win bets too you know....on the Flat this past season I backed the likes of Frankel,Dawn Approach,Certify,Toronado and Camelot to win every time they ran and only lost in the St Leger on Camelot as I left the Arc alone completely.

Obviously,Sprinter Sacre will be a win bet on Sunday...just hope the odds are not Frankelesque though 1/5 still makes more than any building society interest !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back