What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who on earth is Bruce ???

Someone is under the impression I might be this "famous or infamous character" !

Lost Legend contests the opening Novice Hurdle at Uttoxeter today - IMHO he was one of the very best Maiden winners in Ireland last season, he won on heavy at the Knockanard meeting back in February with the fourth and fifth both going in since. I know Colin Phillips was impressed by the run of Fiddlers Bid in a Cheltenham bumper last month and he was the fifth in this Maiden.

Whether or not they fancy it today is another matter entirely - though think he's worth taking a chance on E/W at 5/1.

Martin

I've a few longhots going today.

During the week I took a three-figure price about Casey Top in the big race (win only on Betfair but I can't see it winning oif the big guns run their races), and followed up last night with Kingsmere (33/1). I also backed Mon Mome last night for the stayers' hcap chase at 40/1 and will probably add Chicago Grey.

The only other race I'm looking at today is the staying hcap hurdle at Cheltenham. Buachaill Alainn might get the DO penalty.

Last edited:
No bet in the race but I would love to have seen Mikael D'haguenet actually get his head in front over fences. Another last fence ****-up:(

I've a few longhots going today.

During the week I took a three-figure price about Casey Top in the big race (win only on Betfair but I can't see it winning oif the big guns run their races), and followed up last night with Kingsmere (33/1). I also backed Mon Mome last night for the stayers' hcap chase at 40/1 and will probably add Chicago Grey.

The only other race I'm looking at today is the staying hcap hurdle at Cheltenham. Buachaill Alainn might get the DO penalty.

Thank God it wasn't only me:lol: Massive price, agree he's unlikely to win it but is almost 9's to make the frame. Good luck DO:cool:

Last edited:
17.0 for Tinishu in the 2.15 looks a price to me, even if the are superior horses ratings wise.

Would be no surprise to see her bounce back.

I am backing Sire De Grugy and laying Captain Conan in the opener at Cheltenham.

A punchy position Grassy; what makes you take against the Henderson horse?

Still, after yesterday I suppose your tank can stand upto this sort of balls-out punting!

SdG drifting to an attractive price now.

Just think the Henderson horse has a tall reputation based on scrambling home in the worst G1 hurdle of the year last season. And I generally find it's worth opposing odds-on chances in maiden chases when they're up against fair types who have already won a novice chase and aren't penalised for doing so.

Sire De Grugy has his limitations but he jumped soundly FTO and will enjoy the ground more than most.

I am backing Sire De Grugy and laying Captain Conan in the opener at Cheltenham.

Decent round of jumping by Captain Conan, and not the first time I've called this horse wrong. C'est la guerre.

I'll be amazed if the Arkle winner was in this field though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back