What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My selections today are a fun bet on the Placepot at Cheltenham only as very trappy racing around today.

I will do a separate thread for that.

This is going to get very tedious...you have been warned. I pull him up on some of the rubbish posted and I get lambasted...typical modern attitude...never question anything, always politically correct and going with the flow.

I counted myself unlucky when Rocking Blues fell at Kelso last month. He was having his first run for just over two years and was coming with what looked like a winning chance when stumbling and falling after clearing the second last. Strangely enough for a hurdle race, another horse fell alongside him in a separate incident.

He runs again today in the opener at Newcastle and looks overpriced to me. The bounce factor should not apply because he was spared the exertions of the closing stages last time out and his jumping technique is ok, it was an unlucky fall.

Gold Ability has a 14lb penalty and Eduard is a touch overrated in my opinion.

The worry is that today's going won't suit as well as the heavy ground at Kelso but he won a bumper on good ground so I'm willing to take the chance.

Very impressed with Dynaste in the opener there. You could see coming to two out, Tom Scudamore still had to have the handbrake on, the horse was just waiting to be given the green light to set sail. Really impressive considering it was only 2m4f.

Indeed, Dave G... and my advised Dutching win bet was landed in the process...good start to the Placepot with the 1-2 there...let's hope my other selections do the business today.

In this race at Cheltenham I don't like Dodging Bullets or Tominator.I can see Duke of Navan or Magic Spear coming late to snatch a place.

Indeed,Bar the Bull..made heavy weather of it..though he had to make his own running..the start of the race was rather amusing though.

My "fun" placepot was down the pan in the second race...I did say it was trappy there today,though I will rest on my laurels on the first race win.

Interesting selection Roddy and I see three of your horses were mentioned in the Peter Bowen trainers report in RP today.

I notice Catch The Fire is by Motivator and I advised Michael Bell on course that Motivator was born on exactly the same day and year as my younger daughter,10th Feb 2002,whilst my oldest daughter was born on exactly the same day and year as Lammtarra,7th Feb 1992... and as you can imagine,I backed them both to win their Derby's !

No more children planned,however !

Really unlucky there Roddy. Ti be fair, I thought Aidan Coleman should have pulled his stick through to his left hand an awful lot sooner than he did.

Really ?...where is the sense in getting no return as opposed to getting some return ?

Am I missing something ?

Yes please....then again on second thoughts maybe I don't.... as it won't be making any sense anyway..I have been playing "this game" for over 40 years now !

Yes, Irish Stamp...could certainly be a "plot horse" for the Festival as he is better than that showing !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back