What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the drift today isn't the day. Unless it's a spot of market manipulation on the exchanges in readiness for a flood of late money. Risky bet!

Is S Harley the trainer related to today's jockey Martin Harley , who has won on the horse at Wolverhamton before ?

Frequency is worth a stab at 18.0 at the moment in the 4.30. Ignore last 2 runs as slow ground doesn't seem favoured nowadays..stable in form..winston does well on horse and draw good

I've backed Pete the Feat at 3-1 today (at Folkestone). Improved massively for the switch to Charlie Longsdon's yard and I don't think the rise will stop him. Each way max for me.

It's a fair trek from Cheshire to Fakenham, and Donald McCain has had just 2 runners in the past 5 seasons. However, he sends Brady (2.00) there today, no doubt in search of better ground.
The weather went against him lto at Wetherby (trainer withdrew Overturn), yet he still jumped like a buck until the ground took it's toll. Though beaten 20l, he had a couple of half-decent horses behind him, and looks much more the embryonic chaser than the odds-on First Fandango.
11//4 will do nicely.

Well done Benny, chanced a few quid on it so I could squander the winnings on the football tonight. Cheers.

Thanks guys. Glad you had a few quid on Del, though you must be a proper degenerate gambler to be punting my selections - Gigilo I ain't!

Good luck on the footy, hope you can multiply the winnings.

Well done Benny.

I backed it myself even though I try and stay clear of these jumpers.

Well done

I've backed Pete the Feat at 3-1 today (at Folkestone). Improved massively for the switch to Charlie Longsdon's yard and I don't think the rise will stop him. Each way max for me.

Followed you in out of pure boredom earlier. Just checked the results....nice work bigman!!!

Playing up some of the BennyB winnings on Orfevre in the Japan Cup...7/4....should be an evens shot against these. Only the filly to beat???

Just checking through this well done Benny.

Best chancy bet I could find today was Royal Curtsy in the 2:40 at Hexham. This mare won first time in a handicap hurdle over this trip and ground back in May at Fakenham. I don't think she's had ideal conditions since, and can have it off again now back on soft ground over 20F. I'm still making the mental transition from flat to jumps though so bear with me if she is a tailed off last.:)

Last edited:
I've had a play in the same race Marble,think along came Rosie is on a more than fair mark now back over hurdles 8/1 each way steal for me.Good luck

Plenum should be too good for these..great AW sire and you have to feel connections will be disappointed if he can't win a below average maiden like this..backed at 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back