What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosden talking about Derwentwater a couple of weeks back said the horse wasn't up to much and would be off to the sales.

But does Gosden know Gigilo tipped this up last week.

I remember last season, the trainer said Derivitives was off and then ran it about 10 times over the winter.

in the last race i think the fav of prescotts is worth taking on..last time beat horses that weren't well handicapped but tonight faces two opponents that might be ..in particularly Miss Blakeney.

I've dutched Miss Blakeney & Cool Sky

Gosden talking about Derwentwater a couple of weeks back said the horse wasn't up to much and would be off to the sales.

Just a word of warning.

I look forward to Paul Webber picking the horse up for a tenner, then selling it onto a muppet for a hundred-grand.

The idiot in me always wants to take on these Prescott h/cap odds on shots.

Winner without a penalty but this looks tougher and he has got to go the other way round.

Tried to find the best e/w shot against it and plumped for Cool Sky over Miss Blakeney and Lady bellatrix ( 3rd from last race bombed today).

Cool Sky's last two runs can probably be upgraded on account of ground/hampered and trip at Wolver.

5lb lower when last over C&D when held up last, when he was trying to get the trip, I would hope for a more prominent run this time.

in the last race i think the fav of prescotts is worth taking on..last time beat horses that weren't well handicapped but tonight faces two opponents that might be ..in particularly Miss Blakeney.

I've dutched Miss Blakeney & Cool Sky

Unlucky EC - thought Miss Blakeney was going to win there.

Feel the need to have a good go at Tropics in the 5.40 at Kempton this evening. All of this horses' maiden form is proving strong, and I was very taken by his effort when getting off the mark last time out.

I take hand-timed sectionals for the last 3f at Kempton, and the 33.8 sec I clocked him at last time is the quickest I have ever recorded. I know the track is riding very fast these days, but even so, this was a big effort, and when applying an adjustment to the overall time based on the final sectional, I have him thrown in off a mark of 83.

Obviously given the horses history, he was sold very cheaply as a 3-y-o, he may have some kind of issues, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had the ability to make an impact in listed company this winter.

First post on this part of the forum, so be kind.

4.40 Kempton - Sakhees Rose

Went into my tracker after her last run. Hopefully she can improve on that, in what would seem a weaker field.

I hope the weather doesn't spoil some promising-looking racing today.

At Haydock I might try a double with Domtaline and Lienosus.

At Ascot I could be tempted by Nez Rouge and Bourne in the last two.

1.55 Haydock. Going for the outsider of the bunch in Tenor Nivernais. Have a bit of a thing for this horse but his best form has come at Haydock on Heavy ground so the conditions today may play to his strengths and IF he jumps ok out front might take some pegging back ala Sanctuaire.

I've backed Clondaw Kaempfer in 2.30 at Haydock at 4/5.

Not a massive price, but he's a top classer in the making and am willing to take a chance on the ground as he seemed to handle Aintree which was pretty testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back