What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel the need to have a good go at Tropics in the 5.40 at Kempton this evening. All of this horses' maiden form is proving strong, and I was very taken by his effort when getting off the mark last time out.

I take hand-timed sectionals for the last 3f at Kempton, and the 33.8 sec I clocked him at last time is the quickest I have ever recorded. I know the track is riding very fast these days, but even so, this was a big effort, and when applying an adjustment to the overall time based on the final sectional, I have him thrown in off a mark of 83.

Obviously given the horses history, he was sold very cheaply as a 3-y-o, he may have some kind of issues, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had the ability to make an impact in listed company this winter.

Apologies if anyone followed in on this one. Was very strong in the market, sent off at 5/4 but failed to settle and could finish only third. The first 3 did pull well clear and I think it will prove strong form for the grade, and I wouldn't be giving up on Tropics back at 7f, even if he goes up a few lbs on the back of this.

All 25% win 75% place

Gowran Park
1:00 Rogue Angel
3:10 Carlingford Lough
3:45 Clashnabrook

Ascot
12:35 Chiberta King
1:40 Be My Light
3:20 Toubab
3:50 The Boogeyman

Haydock
12:55 Ultimate
2:30 Trustan Times
3:40 Bellflower Boy

Apologies if anyone followed in on this one. .

Whats the point in apologising? Does Tom Segal or anyone in the print media ever apologise?

I think posters take far too much responsibility on forums like this form their fanices when they shouldn't really. It's a nicety which doesn't stand in the real world.

The market is saying Lady Kathleen will come back to best form in the 1:40 at Ascot, and if she does she's on a nice enough mark: I think she's a good bet today.

Hoping the well-bred Aristo Cat will improve and go well in the 13:00 (UK time) hurdle at Auteuil today. Having a medium-size punt on this one!

Two major fancies for me today.The first is Sizing Gold who I believe could be the best horse in the stable.

Probably the best ew bet of the season at 100/30.Certainly didn't disgrace himself Don Cossack.
Next is Rupert Lamb in the 255.When I saw that Mullins had got him from Hojo last year I immediately got a semi.He is from a family that goes particularly well fresh and he showed some promise for his previous trainer.Wilie has given him 4 or 5 entries over the last few weeks and I think it's significant he haw come here.The market moves have been positive and I liked what Willie had to say in RP.
I wouldn't be worried if he drifts as Wylie wouldnt be worried by the gambling aspect of the game-he could even go a decent price in running.
This is my pre Christmas nap and I expect him to win.

Beats the hell out of me why Alderwood isn't favourite for this. I don't know much about Sword or Destiny I can only think the ground is thought to be more in his favour as hover hurdles Alderwod looked much superior having won the County Hurdle and a good Grade 1 hurdle in Ireland.

Not my pre Xmas nap by any stretch of the imgination but Alderwood looks a class above these to me.

Sword of Destiny looked like a bad point to pointer the last day.Alderwood could blow these away but for me Darwins Fox is the danger.
The heart is beginning to pump.

I hope Alderwood is ok that looked nasty and what a terribly obvious stopping job. They go for a touch on that fellow they'll be lucky to get 1/3

Our "friend" Charles Byrnes has sent Knockfierna to Kempton today. Davy Russell rides.This looks a very decent opportunity for a good mare- provided she doesn't "duck out" as she has done in the past. Grab some of the early 7-2..presumably she'll be backed:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Our "friend" Charles Byrnes has sent Knockfierna to Kempton today. Davy Russell rides.This looks a very decent opportunity for a good mare- provided she doesn't "duck out" as she has done in the past. Grab some of the early 7-2..presumably she'll be backed:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Am hoping somebody read my post, but she did the business regardless:cool::cool:

Nice call.

Have backed petroupetrov in 3.20 Ludlow.They think it will go very close today.9/2 each way bet to nothing.I think it will go in. ;)

Nice to see Knockfierna win.She was really putting it up to Sir Des Champs last Christmas when she ducked out sonshe was definitely entitled to win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back