What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musselburgh 1:45 Valeyofmilan 9/4 - finished in between the highly regarded Barrakilla and Mr Watson l/t/o and his penultimate race has produced many winners. Should be fav imo but James Ewarts two time bumper winner is current fav but is questionable on what he beat and the form of those bumpers starting to look very poor.
I expect Oscar O'scar to improve a lot as he was given an educational ride imo and trainer has very good record at the track over hurdles as does jockey so I'm having a small r/f/c with above selection.

Valeyofmilan 30pts win 9/4 - Oscar O'scar 3pts r/f/c

Last edited:
Court in Motion, 5/1.

I think Dynaste was overrated as a hurdler, and Fingal Bay is slow now (something happened post Sandown ot him and Simonsig didn't pick up that day, result is huge overating of Fingal bay).

I'm not a big fan of Oliver Sherwood and I wouldn't trust him with a shortie like Puffin Billy in a race like the last at Newbury.Looking for ways to oppose him.

I think Dynaste was overrated as a hurdler, and Fingal Bay is slow now (something happened post Sandown ot him and Simonsig didn't pick up that day, result is huge overating of Fingal bay).

Behind Fingal Bay and Simonsig that day at Sandown the form is rock solid. If Fingal Bay hadn't run in that race it would go down as one of Simonsig's best runs and would never be questioned. When it comes to Novice Chasers it isn't all Sprinter Sacre and Denman like perfection you get from every winner at the Festival. Bob's Worth hardly set the world alight last season in his first couple of runs and we will not see the best of Fingal Bay until he takes in a trip and gets a strong pace.

If I was a Dynaste fan I'd be worried about his Spring form - He's had just two runs in March one was average and the other bloody awful, but he has looked the best novice this side of the water so far. I wouldn't be surprised if Fingal Bay finished ahead of him next March. FB was giving Dynaste 5l when beaten but Dynaste did look value for more - can he carry the form through to next March?

Having a bit of fun today with 5 of the scoop 6 races - dutching and r/f/c's - 4pts win each & 1pt r/f/c

1.25 Seven Woods / Rolling Aces
1:35 Bobbie Magern / Free Falling
2.35 Princely Player / Kingcora
3.10 Frisco Depot / Duke Of Lucca
3.40 Tatispout / Oh Crick

Going to have a bet on Key Cutter in the 1:50 at Leicester.

A course winner at this track about this time last year, if we can discount his first run of the season, he has a chance back off last winning mark of 115Has won before from the front, dropped in trip today you'd expect they will ride him handy again: He may be hard to peg back if on a going day.

Getting a winner would be nice for me as I think I have to go back to the fesitval in March to find the last one.:)

Last edited:
5.50 Loyal Royal

looks guaranteed to place and can probably win here...this one needs a strong pace and should get it here..can run through these late on..7.2win + 2.7pl

The sharp Lingfield 6f will suit Swiss Cross much better than Kempton did lto, and he only has to replicate his 2nd to York Glory to win this convincingly.

I thought Outbid ran with another race in mind last time out and looks on a fair h/cap mark and price at 8.2.

Sire's record is poor but Frattelino did prefer the polytrack.

I won't find any other opportunities to lose my money today anyway.

Backed Joe The Coat on it's h/cap debut, only for it to finish last beaten 43 lths.

Dropped another 5lb, I wouldn't be totally shocked if this was backed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back