What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've backed Pete the Feat at 3-1 today (at Folkestone). Improved massively for the switch to Charlie Longsdon's yard and I don't think the rise will stop him. Each way max for me.

Goes again today. Skinnier price but jockey's claim offsets the rise in the weights, and I think he's improving faster than the assessor can put him up. Obviously his run will come to an end at some point, but I've taken 11-10 today.

Well done!! PW your strike rate must be one of the best on here, but as usual i missed it.

A bit of fun today and I think I've spotted good reasons for all my selections to go well today on the heavy ground.

12:30 Shesha Bear
1:00 Sablazo
1:30 Until Winning
2:00 Sire De Grugy

AP advised the trainer to look for a better race after Dormouse's (3.00) latest win, which suggests the horse has more to give. The ground should not be a problem.

Benny
Good luck today, though Pete The Feat's Lingfield record would worry me,

In the 2:00 Lingfield fancy Cantlow quite a bit. Should handle the heavy ground, and 2m distance in these conditions appears ideal. Ridden by the one-and-only.

Last edited:
Good luck links.

I was going in on Phantom Prince @ 17.0, until I realised it was on polytrack. Got rid at 13.0 and just a watching race for me.

The form I'm in would have to say here's one to avoid. However, anything can happen in a Mares Maiden Hurdle so in the 14:20 at Limerick will have a small bet on Ceann Phoil Cailin. Just for a bit of interest.

Speculative each way on having a ball 4.30 kempers.c+d form,just hoping he's turned the corner.at 14's bit value against the 2 favs

1.30 Newbury - POLARBROOK @ 9/1

Lightly raced and would seem to have more to offer. May well of won last time out, only for blundering two out. 3lb rise seems fair, whilst the headgear goes on for the first time.

Good luck all

Houblon des Obeaux, 2.05 Newbury. Couldn't have been more impressed with him at Wincanton where he easily beat a decent sort from the Nicholls yard. It'll take a good one to beat him today, and there might be one in the field, but 15-8 is more than fair in my book.

Kings Lad a bit of each way filth at 7-2 in the first. Beat Mr Mole convincingly LTO and could be more to come. Aaim to Prosper has to prove he can jump, and the trip looks short. Meganisi not that convincing either. Kings Lad could easily win, but if not should still be in the three.

American Life at Uttoxeter (15:05). On breeding, should handle the ground OK.

Last edited:
Well that was no good, so quick e/w on Flame of the Glen in the last at Uttoxeter. that'll do me for today!

3rd time in 2 weeks I've got a treble running on the last runner.

Couple of weeks ago last runner was short headed for around £8k
Yesterday was on for around £32k but the bugger ran backwards

7.35 Kempton it's all going on Athakheel for around £10k

Dropped in to a class 7, there's a chance she could actually take this.

Can't say I'm overly confident though...but surely this can't be number 3 :-)

3rd time in 2 weeks I've got a treble running on the last runner.

Couple of weeks ago last runner was short headed for around £8k
Yesterday was on for around £32k but the bugger ran backwards

7.35 Kempton it's all going on Athakheel for around £10k

Dropped in to a class 7, there's a chance she could actually take this.

Can't say I'm overly confident though...but surely this can't be number 3 :-)

Surely time to lay some of it off considering your recent luck??:confused:

Yep...but I'm out with the missus tonight, can't get out of it...won't even be able to listen to it......if I called off because of horses I'm a dead man...so no chance to see what's happening in running.

Thinking about trying to set something up on Betfair for around 500...but I hate the idea of not knowing what's actually going down in the race.

Any advice?

Actually got £1125 running at 11-1 minimum barring non runners. Might go off anywhere up to 20.

Have laid it at 3 for a grand. Can't watch the race.

What would you do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back