What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Reet & Pricewise,,very good picks:cool:

The 6.00 race at Dundalk is interesting in that those at the head of the market are badly drawn and don't have lots in hand anyway

Elastomer, Rapid Approach & Tylery Wonder have poor draws

Bainne looks an obvious pick with that in mind..but at 3.4 is short for what the horse has achieved

The one i like is Eusipio

I think this one needs 7f on a decent surface to show best. All 4 runs have been of a testing 7f with the slow ground and then two runs at 8f. I think this could well improve tonight given this quicker test and a better draw than the favourites. Looks a confident place bet and teh win would be a bonus.

10.5 win + 2.7 place.

DUNDALK 8:00 - Denny Crane looks a horse with a big chance here but I slightly prefer Solo Performer, who has put up two very good recent runs giving weight away when totally unfancied on the odds, and if he can get to the front early on I think he can win at a nice price. Its a big 'if' but 6 runs ago (when he last won) he did it, winning carrying 10 stone and beating the second horse by 9 lengths. There's still a another win to be had with Solo Performer.

DUNDALK 8:00 - Denny Crane looks a horse with a big chance here but I slightly prefer Solo Performer, who has put up two very good recent runs giving weight away when totally unfancied on the odds, and if he can get to the front early on I think he can win at a nice price. Its a big 'if' but 6 runs ago (when he last won) he did it, winning carrying 10 stone and beating the second horse by 9 lengths. There's still a another win to be had with Solo Performer.

good luck Marb..Home Secretary is 12lbs better in with Denny Craine so will dutch yours with HS

Please God somebody followed me in..

Well done Pricewise. I did follow you, but thought it was a nailed back to lay in running. Backed at 4.0 and got out at 2.02, but still happy.

Backed Joe The Coat on it's h/cap debut, only for it to finish last beaten 43 lths.

Dropped another 5lb, I wouldn't be totally shocked if this was backed.

Finished 3rd @25/1 and was backed late on the exchange coming in from 80's for small money into 33.0.

Looked a stayer to me, so 14f at Wolver would look preferable.

Asaid (2.45 Aint.) was thought enough of to run in 2 gd1's last season, but ran each time as though needing further. 2.5m on soft ground could be right up his street.

Sorry Dave g - just seen your post.

Last edited:
Can't do a thing at the minute EC1, I'd be better off on the roulette machines.

I thought Donald McCains comments in the post today about his second string in the Becher were interesting. Sounded like he fanices Fabalu to run a big race and he has shortened up with a few firms, saying something along the lines of 'he's got no weight and will love the trip'.

So I've done him in a patent with a couple at Chepstow with strong chances (2:05 Sona Sasta and 2:40 Gran Torino). I like Chepstow, increasingly I'm looking towards tracks I seem to find winners at and avoiding the tracks I don't. I really need a change in fortunes.

Good luck to one and all today.

Last edited:
I'm sweet on Prima Vista in the 2:30 novice chase at Punchestown.

I thought this horse would go places over hurdles, I remember he had a Tote Gold Trophy entry once. Never really delivered in that sphere but could make a better chaser. I'll happily let the odds on mugs backers go with the Mullins favourite, I think with the dead 8 runner Prima Vista is a knocking bet. Whatver happens he'll improve big time on his first start over fences last time.

I'm sure HdB will have a pre Christmas winner at Cork today.I'm going to have a speculative ew bet on The Folkes Choice at 25/1 in the 215.

I think today's the day for Flemenstar (2m 4f, Soft Ground, SDC first run of the season) and odds against just a bonus. I've had a decent bet by my standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back