What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently 5.1 on the machine I've got to back Last Shadow today as I've been bumping my gums about him for so long you'll need to a shovel to scrape the egg of my face if he turns out to be useless

Double for me today.

Raise Hell at Fairyhouse
Fathom Five at Lingers (georgey baker unreal around here, horse dropping right down the weights, visor on, fingers crossed he shows some spark)

Got a curious word for Gwili Spar in the bumper in Ludlow...expected to run well on his homework...20/1 so e/w stakes are advised. I'm not too confident myself but said I'd put it up as it has worked out in the past!

Currently 5.1 on the machine I've got to back Last Shadow today as I've been bumping my gums about him for so long you'll need to a shovel to scrape the egg of my face if he turns out to be useless

Steady on the machine in the win market, 3rd fav @ 6.14, but couldn't give it away on the place market, 3.2, 5th in the betting.

Gutted about beat route at lingfield, Sanders.couldn't sneak it through, then got back on rail to get cut up by winner. One to follow.

Hope that the 1st time Visor can help one of the horses on my 5 to follow AW selections get home in Fathom Five.

KEMP 5:15 WEST LEAKE 7/2
Ran a good race LTO which was after a break (doesn't seem to go well fresh). Should be that bit sharper today. Looking at AW form when turned out again within 14 days adds to that conclusion. Now racing 9lbs below last wining mark. Prefers Kemptons 7F to other CD's as the longer run in suits it's 'running on' style, and there should be plenty of pace on in this race. With a bit of luck the course wont be riding too fast.

WOLV 1:35 LIBERTY SHIP EW 7/1
There should be a few winners come out of this race. HAB REEH drawn in 8 galloped them into the ground LTO and is entitled to be respected for that effort, but it didn't exactly beat any inform horses. Gemma Tutty gets to take 7lb off today though. ROSE GARNET has been running well, but Ryan Tate obviously gets on well with the horse, and while Crowley is a better Jockey, is he good enough to offset Tates recent weight claims? I had Liberty Ship running to 62 LTO and has surprisingly been dropped another 2lbs. Miss Bunter has come out of that race and won since (which franks my figures a bit), and it looks like LIBERTY SHIP is running into form. Stall 3 isn't great normally, but should be able to hold a position on the inside and come late. ROSE GARNETT and HAB REEH are both 'well in' in their own right, but I just give LIBERTY SHIP the edge for the reasons above. EW for a bit of safety.

KEMP 4:45 GO FAR 7/1
Clocked really well LTO, and while the odds on FAV ASHAMALY went clear LTO I think GO FAR has a sound chance of getting the upper hand. I've been through that meeting where GO FAR clocked a good time, and it certainly doesn't look like I over-rated the meeting. I always get the fear when opposing odds on shots, but hoping my figures don't let me down, 7/1 looks cracking value. I've maxed out with Paddy Power at 7's, so will try to get the rest on with VC at 13/2.

OTHERS

WOLV 3:05 NEIGE D'ANTAN 9/4
It could be tight with ROYAL SEA (change of Stables LTO), with Robert Tart taking 7lbs off. ROYAL SEA didn't seem to get the longer trip LTO and a line through ARABIAN FLIGHT means Tart only has to make about 3 - 4lbs of his claim tell. However, ARABIAN FLIGHT had gone a little too hard for it's own good when ROYAL SEA got it's nose in front of that one on the 29/12/12. Small cases can be made for a couple of the others, but they don't look likely. I'm not keen on NEIGE D'ANTAN being drawn in 8. I think it's the most probable winner, but 9/4 looks about right to me, so don't see the point in betting. Actually, I'd have it more like 7/4 - 15/8, but thats getting a little pedantic. I'll toss it in a very small stakes ACC to boost the numbers up.

LING 3:55 GRENDISAR - 10/11
Looks so well in I can't see it losing. RUN IT TWICE could be the danger if improving for the step up to 1M2F, or maybe just getting the 1M2F as is dropping in class. That doesn't look that probable though. Rakticate might pick up some place money.

LING 12:55 ABOVE THE STARS - EVENS?
Love You Louis might need this run.

There is another I'll probably be backing, but no price as yet. Will post it once they've opened up.

I got wondering why they pulled SHERJAWY out of the KEMP 4:15. So I started looking for what they might be avoiding, and came up with this.....

KEMP 4:15 DO MORE BUSINESS
First time blinkers seemed to have rejuvenated it a little the other day. Was effectively drawn 11 of 11 on 05/01/13, a stall which has become increasingly difficult over the last couple of years. Also had a wide trip because of that. Runs off 50 today, is dropping in class and has run well off much higher marks and in higher grades of race at this CD in the past.
Would seem to be a few lbs well in going off it's last run. The dangers would be Mucky Molly (not a good draw), Kaylee with Baker back in the saddle, RIGHTCAR who runs best over this CD and has dropped to a very handy mark, and Beach Candy with the penalty. I've quickly rated yesterdays Kempton meeting, and I think Beach Candy is probably there to be shot at, as it was well drawn yesterday and seemed to just about run to it's mark. Though I haven't looked at any sectionals yet, it was little more than a glance and a quick balancing act.
DO MORE BUSINESS has a 7lb claimer on today, which I'm not sure is a good thing or not, but could supply yard with her first winner, and the Jock his first at the course. RIGHTCAR is worrying off 47 over this CD, it was hampered the last time it ran over 6F, and was running on the times before that. Rather than an EW bet on Do More Business, which was my original angle. I'm going to try a small stake RFC with RIGHTCAR at 59.35 & 67.13. The pair could come late and fast!

Still no prices on the other one I'm waiting for.

My other selection is now a NR.

Last edited:
Well done CP - threw it in with Do more business, Stanley Rigby and Chac Du Chardan (catterick) with win doubles and each way trebles and accy. Good start!!!

2 out of 2 in that last yankee so far - hope you are right with Do more business before then need Stanley Rigby to come up with a miracle and beat Cool Sky next at Wolves - drifting right out which is ominous for my chances. Still a nice double in the bag

Sedgefield 12:40 Counsel - MAX BET
9x2
9x6
9x10
2pt s/f/c's each

Wolve 4:00 Renoir's Lady & Ridgeway Hawk - 2 singles and a r/f/c

Ajeeb 11.45 lingfield should be able to beat these horses, a shortie for few accys.
bert the alert is very good horse, could be the danger, if the fav gets one paced.
Odds on shots, advise betting with caution goodluck

I'm going for an all out lay today on PN's Virato Valtat he's sandwiched in between Lunique and the highly regarded newcomer Deia Sunrise and he'll be hard pushed to beat either..........way way too short at 4-4.2 on the machine

My big bet today is Hold On Julio (best price 11/4 with VC BOG). My only real concern is that my VC account is a disaster. They seldom win when VC is going the best price so I'm just hoping they're taking a view rather than in the know.

One I think is grossly overpriced is Mickie in The New One's race. She's only 3lbs behind on ORs, is improving and should be much closer to the front two in the betting. I think TNO will win but M's odds are just wrong so I'll have to back her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back